• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

pjennings

I think we will use those extra spots.

I have us in 22 players for next year including Wee-Mac. We need a second keeper, 2 CBs and a more prolific striker. That would take us to 26.

The incumbents are Pasfield, Bosnar, Griffiths and Simon. Bernie is only on loan though I would love to have him back. I think Bosnar is a good influence on Anderson and would like him to stay. The others will probably come under pressure from other candidates.

Of course there will be other changes with offers from other clubs and with Sim being resigned and Neill missing the whole season I can see Michael dropping back to the NYL (even if he retains his wage) to regain form and fitness

Last edited:

go you yellow

I would keep Bosnar , but he does tend to overuse the "get the ball the hell out of here" approach too often , on the toe , off the head whatever, would love to see us value possession a little more. I get it takes more than just him , but it starts with him and Liam Reddy.

Please

eenfish

A-League starting spots for keepers are hard to come by. There are only 10, and you've got blokes like Theo and Eugene and Covic who aren't gonna be superseded from their spots until they leave their club, plus Reddy and Coe looked to have their spots locked up pretty tight, and Sydney seems wrapped with their post-minder at the moment too. If you want the gig you need to do some serious work to get it as well as hoping the other guy slips up.

Spacks

He deserves a #1 spot, he's just unlucky that when Reddy got his chance, he took it.

Not sure why you think he deserves a spot. Reddy's been amazing this season, whereas Pasfield had his opportunity and crumbled under pressure.

Reddy might have had a bit of a rep before joining the Mariners, but in my opinion he's earned his #1 spot.

bikinigirl

Not sure why you think he deserves a spot. Reddy's been amazing this season, whereas Pasfield had his opportunity and crumbled under pressure.

Reddy might have had a bit of a rep before joining the Mariners, but in my opinion he's earned his #1 spot.

. i think the idea is that he is good enough to be a starting keeper in the a-league

. in many ways i think pasfield was unlucky in the same way that reddy was lucky. some would say that the difference was strength of character whereas i prefer to think different personalities confuse peoples perceptions of ability

. people were quick to abandon pasfield when his fumbles (behind a terrible defence) led to goals and an embarrassing f**k-up led to us losing a match. reddy's early fumbles didn't lead to goals (sometimes cleaned up by an improving defence) and his embarrassing f**k-up was part of a 4-0 flogging where people granted him the benefit of the doubt

. admittedly reddy has been good this year and saved us many times ... but that is his job. we will never know whether pasfield would have been able to do the same given the chance. sometimes i think reddy is also able to make a good save look spectacular - that is not a criticism, just another example of perception

. luck and timing is far more important for keepers than any other player - if vukovic had not tried to go to turkey ... and/or redmayne had waited for danny to move overseas, mat ryan could still have been playing in our youth team rather than playing for the socceroos out of belgium

Capt. Awesome

Interesting hints on possible player movements for next year.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...ral-coast-mariners-future-20140427-zr0d2.html
Central Coast Mariners boss Phil Moss believes his side’s dramatic mid-year rebuilding has already given it a head start on rivals in the race to be ready for next season.

The Gosford side entered the season under the tutelage of Graham Arnold and with a relatively settled championship squad, only for their boss to leave in November and for much of the talent follow him out the door.

However, Moss quickly patched the squad back together with a mix of youth and experience, reviving their ailing A-League campaign and going close to qualifying for the knockout stages of the Asian Champions League.

While both of those campaigns ended in defeat this past week, Moss is upbeat about the future.

"It was as though our whole transfer period was done in January – we had enough player turnover in one month to last us a couple of years," he said. "I'm very happy with the nucleus we've got and we're pretty settled for next year. We've had a massive five months, with five new additions in January, and obviously this has been my first year as head coach."

The Mariners have already agreed to release Marcos Flores, his three-goal, 12-game loan spell at the club cut short by a knee injury. Flores is hopeful of another deal in the A-League but is booked to return to Argentina after a farewell dinner with the fans next week.

Mile Sterjovski's glittering career also came to an end in Saturday night's 2-0 defeat against Western Sydney but the popular winger is expected to stay in the region and possibly take an off-field role.

Reserve goalkeeper Justin Pasfield is out of contract and may be tempted to try his luck elsewhere, likewise defender Brent Griffiths. He may seek to join older brother Rostyn Griffiths at home-town club Perth Glory.

Matt Simon has played enough games to have a clause in his contract activated for another year but fellow Mariners' stalwart Adam Kwasnik is a concern.

While Kwasnik is under contract for next year, he played no matches this season and only four the year before. The club is likely to offer the striker a mutual termination, freeing up significant salary cap space.

Even more space would be freed up if it can find a new home for defensive misfit Marcel Seip. The Dutchman is the club’s most expensive player inside the salary cap but failed to adapt to the A-League.

He finished the year well down the pecking order, behind Eddy Bosnar and Zac Anderson in the starting central defensive roles. Bosnar is out of contract but will be offered a new deal.

The player the Mariners are most desperate to re-sign, however, is Bernie Ibini. Currently on loan from Shanghai East Asia, Ibini won't be returning to China and will look to stay in the A-League.

The Western Sydney Wanderers are keen on securing his services – most likely as a replacement for Youssouf Hersi, who is expected to join Perth – but the Mariners believe they remain in the box seat to keep the striker's services for next season.

"I'm hopeful and Bernie has stated his intention to stay,” Moss said. “I’ve put both arms around him – I don’t want him to walk out that dressing room. He’s magnificent. He’s such a good guy and so humble. You can see the promise he has and we had to rebuild him physically and mentally this year. It's been a very tough 12 months for him and his family. I think after another season in the A-League, he’ll be ready to go onto bigger and better things."

Moss said he believed he would also be a better coach next season.

"I've learned a hell of a lot this season and it’s been a very steep learning curve," he said. "But I’ve got a magnificent staff behind me, with Wayne O'Sullivan [assistant coach] and John Crawley [goalkeeping coach], and all the backroom staff. I only see bright days ahead."

tsd

It seems all the things the fans want moss wants... Ibini priority 1, bosnar extended, seip out, kwasnic moved on and replaced. Interesting that Simon had an involvement clause, will be around next season with a chance to improve or fade out

If kwas and seip can be moved on as planed that opens up a lot of cash and a spot for a first choice striker

sydmariner

It seems all the things the fans want moss wants... Ibini priority 1, bosnar extended, seip out, kwasnic moved on and replaced. Interesting that Simon had an involvement clause, will be around next season with a chance to improve or fade out

If kwas and seip can be moved on as planed that opens up a lot of cash and a spot for a first choice striker
I think that they should keep kwas imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred