• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup

dibo

Cernak was actually good for the first half-hour - picked up a lot of loose ball on the right, broke up attacks and helped us maintain possession. Dropped away in the second half especially.

Fitzgerald looked as if he didn't want to be there in the second half. He and Monty were not seeing eye to eye and he drifted out of the game for stretches - including one time when a tempting ball went across the top of the box while he stood and watched. He's got to gamble on those chances coming up. First half he was OK, with his movement around Duke causing issues.

Duke and Mane are quite different players, which is good. Mane appears to be happier in tight places where he'll try to break free with a clever touch, where Duke will go with a burst of acceleration. Mane looks to be more aware of his teammates though - Duke gets tunnel vision. Each is going to have their uses. With them on, I can see merit to us playing a diamond 4-4-2 or even a 3-5-2 at times this year, because there's going to be quite a bit of variety between them.

midfielder

Vernes, Kim & maybe weeMac into this side would be interesting...

Mane & Vernes up front with Kim out wide and Triffo as the 10 ....

shipwreck

Mane is an interesting one, he is one of those players that can stop where he is, look up and makes the defence second guess if they should close him or not.

These guys are valuable if they play team-mates in OR can shoot, the former of which Mane did in spades last night, not sold on his shooting abilities just yet but ill give him a few more chances ;)

It seemed to me that after he took that glory shot that skewed wide while Fitzy was wide open in the middle, he got really selfless and looked for the through ball every time.

Looking forward to see what Vernes can do.

Bring on the next game!

midfielder

Mane provided 3 passes to Fitzy that set him up for a shot on goal ... two at least should have tested the keeper... he also got himself into position twice to have a shot and his attempts were not out of the top draw...

But he created five shots on goal in 20 minutes ... once he finds his feet add Kim and Vernes and HHHmmmm ..

Triffro as a holding 10 ... with Kim, Mane, Vernes and hopefully weeMac will be a very attacking outfit.

Cernak is just a squad player, Duke and Fity had poor games ...

Our best were Trifiro, Rose, Caceres, Roux

localpom

Sounds like a good hit out. Was out so couldn't watch the stream. Seems Triff is really putting his hand out for a starting place and looks determined to take his chance. Didn't see the starting 11, was it :
EverReddy
Storm Ando Boz Rosey
Monty Caceres
Cernak Triff Fitzy
Dukey​

ccf

Sorry everybody but am I the only one that noticed Mane was number 14, isn't that wee-macs old number!! So from that I would say the mariners will not be getting wee-mac back or don't plan on taking him back. Any thoughts!

midfielder

Sorry everybody but am I the only one that noticed Mane was number 14, isn't that wee-macs old number!! So from that I would say the mariners will not be getting wee-mac back or don't plan on taking him back. Any thoughts!

On weeMac given the time its taking there must be some complex issues ... for mine its cut and dried he was signed with us and if he had been injured in Japan and could never play again we would have had to pay his wages from 1 Jan... thus its a valid contract and enforceable.

The issue is we changed clubs and everybody signed aside from him... However in the miles of posts on this issue FFA rules say a club cannot sack players by changing owners nor can players leave...

My gut feel is under NZ common law ... not signing with the new club and the old club not being around he is out of contract and a free agent.

Meaning an organisational procedures and rules are not supported by statute law .. meaning if the Nux took this to court they would win. The AFL draft is not valid and most except if a player took the AFL draft system to court they would win. This could be a similar issue and happens all the time when someone challenges an internal rule to see if it is supported by statute law.

No inside info at all but that's my take as this should be very simple .

As to should we take him back ... YES and YES again no professional player would not try hard with one year left on their contract to ensure they get a decent contract somewhere next season.

dibo

Doesn't seem to be WeeMac's number anymore - Mane has the name on his shirt!

dean-collison_ufrhv2evg0fe1uhtpbbouu1wz.jpg

midfielder

Sounds like a good hit out. Was out so couldn't watch the stream. Seems Triff is really putting his hand out for a starting place and looks determined to take his chance. Didn't see the starting 11, was it :
EverReddy
Storm Ando Boz Rosey
Monty Caceres
Cernak Triff Fitzy
Dukey​

Yep that was the starting line up..

Capt. Awesome

I think the interesting thing that I haven't seen mentioned is Monty as Capt. I know he has done it before but going forward I think this is how it will stay.

nebakke

After last night, I have built up enough excitement that i feel comfortable in saying sc*** WeeMac, unethical pr*** that he is. We're better off without him if he doesn't want to be here and I actually think it is beginning to look like we might have more than one creative player based on the recruitment for the second half of last season and this off-season, so who needs him!?

I don't have a problem with a player looking for a better option, especially not a year out from the end of their current contract... But I have a problem with a player quite obviously exploiting a loop-hole to get out of his contract and even more so with the PFA so whole-heartedly endorsing it. Had we pulled it, the other way around, they would've been livid and the media would've been full of player-reps complaining (rightfully) about the untrustworthy CCM who should never be allowed to sign another contract.
Even if the re-signing of the contract gives him that loop-hole, it seems like a BAU practice that he's just not accepted... So I'm also quite happy for him to be sidelined while this drags on, if he'd been ethical in his approach, he wouldn't have been in this position in the first place.

So at this point, a little - vengeful - part of me, is hoping that this won't be resolved till January and that he'll be sidelined till then, after which, hopefully we'll be spanking their arses anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred