• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup

nebakke

He definitely is TB and no VicMariner, It's definitely not just you... Probably still need to bear in mind that it's not quite the usual level of play, but still :)

nebakke

Mane is looking like he could turn out a handy addition though... He seems to have some ideas, which is a nice change up there :)

MrCelery

I don't rate Cernak at all....

Certainly Cernak does not seem to have that stand out quality. But you could also add Duke, and Fitzgerald to that list too.

Standouts were Trifiro, Mane, Rose, Caceres, Roux, with the defence largely untroubled.

Mane seems to have great vision and good distribution. Unlucky not to get a goal at the end.

midfielder

Liked those cheer girls
Certainly Cernak does not seem to have that stand out quality. But you could also add Duke, and Fitzgerald to that list too.

Standouts were Trifiro, Mane, Rose, Caceres, Roux, with the defence largely untroubled.

Mane seems to have great vision and good distribution. Unlucky not to get a goal at the end.

Agree

Gratis

the stream was great at the leagues club, full HD projected looked great
Mane will do some good things for us this season. only thing lacking really was intuitive knowledge of his team mates which won't take long to build. as was well said already - he had ideas and could execute them. looking forward to what Mane, Trif, Kim, Vernes, Fitzy combos up front will produce (weemac who?)

pretty happy with that particularly for how early in the preseason it is

Wombat

I only got to watch 20mins before I was dragged out of the study due to a family party, so hard to comment. From what I saw caceras was a real mixed bag....confident and skilful on the ball one minute and cheap turnovers the next.
fitzy also looked a bit sloppy.

Roy Law

I don't like out of season games at the best of times -lack of fitness and cohesion makes them error prone - but at least this had genuine reason to be played. Only saw bits and pieces of the second half due to other commitments; I thought the coverage was excellent -loud and clear here in England. We seemed under the cosh for the first 10 minutes or so of the second half, but good desperate defending, especially by Bosnar, kept them at bay. Later in the half we were well in control and could easily have had more with a little more timing on the passing. What little I saw of Cernak had me scratching my head as to how he is a professional footballer, but as I said, I did not see much of the game. I liked the low key entry of Mane, he seems to have good awareness, and excellent defensive positioning; he seemed to be holding back a bit but I reckon he is going to have a real impact on the A League.

nebakke

Academy goalkeeper; I think he played NYL last year for us

Thanks Roy, have a "Like" for that ;)... I did end up googling him and finding a comment saying he played Academy as well...

For mine by the way, I think you missed our better half by - by quite a bit. Second half was a bit more scrappy until Hutch and Mane came on, I feel like we started looking a bit more stable again after that. But the first bit of the second half, had me in no doubt that we were watching the Mariners - On fire first half, a bit less stable in the second, although, once again, actually hitting the target when passing the ball... Sad that that's such a big deal, but I honestly think it is :)

So we'll come good and show 'em ALL!!!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well...the laptops shockwave thingy kept crashing and the video stream looked like stop start photography, BUT, that was 99% the laptop, then I got a fkn migraine, then I crashed at 8.15pm.....sort of saw the first goal...typical example of my fkn luck

Capt. Awesome

I thought overall it was a good preseason game taking into account our match fitness. Most of the scrappiness can be attributed to tiredness. As as stated before once Hutch and Mane came on we were back in control. I really liked the look of Mane. Every time he got a touch he created something. He is a very different player to Duke. Will be really interesting to see how Moss uses him. His balls in behind the defence were great and he wasn't afraid to take players on and draw the defense out. Very exciting.

I'm sorry but Cernak is woeful. Flashes of skill but seems lazy and never really got in good positions to receive the ball and when he did made poor choices. Not a fan at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred