• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup

Big Al

The next leg is over 2 weeks. Fox a doing one game on each week. Hopefully with highlights from the other games like last time.

I think it might be today they are deciding the grounds & who plays on which night but would expect
SU vs. SFC to be one of the fox games.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
ahh...good ole Olympic...used to go to Belmore ( I was living in Punchbowl) and watch them when Francis Awaratife had blond hair

dibo

Our game's been moved from Olympic's home ground (Goodwin Park) to the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre:
http://www.theffacup.com.au/article/westfield-ffa-cup-round-of-16-details/1o50ejdtp66pp1y0hccgtd4abv
anz.jpg

On the plus side, there's room for our away support. :)

nearlyyellow

On the plus side, there's room for our away support. :)

Yeah, thought they would. Bit of an overkill though, 48,500 capacity at the main ground and 2,100 for the smaller ground. Guess they'd use the big 'un? I wouldn't like to be in an away bay at either end of the ground! And even from the main stands you are looking over the athletics track. That's a fair way. Nothing beats CCS for being close to the on field action. :)

(Edit: I just estimated the distances of each stand from the sideline and it's about 20 metres on the eastern side and a massive 31 metres on the western side. And that's a conservative estimate! Seats would want to be cheap on either side.)

Last edited:

nearlyyellow

"Fox Sports’ coverage of both Round of 16 match days will also feature single camera coverage of the other six matches and live crosses as the drama unfolds."

I seem to recall that in the Round of 32 they were performing single camera tests on some games to test "broadcast quality". This is the upshot, but no Fox live coverage of "other" games (ours), not even delayed coverage!

Uncle Rupert strikes! If you don't buy my Foxtel then even though I'm not covering your game live you're not going to see any of it! P of A's. :fireup:

Big Al

In original agreement fox only had to do one game in rd 16.
So they have up't it to 2 which gives goals from every game coverage over the two legs. Big investment from fox considering poor viewership in rd 32 but plenty of excitement from there.
So they need to protect fox's investment.
Could get to the point where streams are subscription based.
FFA caught behind the times with streaming and potential financial benefits associated with it.
Instead of spreading the word of the FFA cup for free they are protecting one of their major supporters.

nearlyyellow

So they have up't it to 2 which gives goals from every game coverage over the two legs. Big investment from fox considering poor viewership in rd 32 but plenty of excitement from there.
Commercial Decision

If it's streamed by Foxtel I bet it won't be cheap!

FFA caught behind the times with streaming and potential financial benefits associated with it.
Instead of spreading the word of the FFA cup for free they are protecting one of their major supporters.
Yep, and damaging another supporter - VPA Productions, who so nicely provided streaming coverage, free to us, during the Round of 32.
Foxtel ... P of A's :fireup:

sydmariner

last pre season when our games were streamed we had to pay for them

rbakersmith

I might head down to King Tom to see United give Arnie a thrashing :overheadl:

The tickets for this game went on sale to the general public today... although be prepared to pay A-League prices:

Boka upper - $40 (+$1 service fee)
Boka Lower - $30 (+$0.75 Service fee)
Away Active - $20 (+$0.50 Service fee)
Cat C - $10-$20 (+$0.25-$0.50 Service fee)

Still, it's a price worth paying to see Arnie lose :piralaugh:

nearlyyellow

So, I looked at Foxtel's program guide for Tuesday's Round of 16 coverage and it doesn't say which game(s) will be televised. Anyone have any info? I am thinking if our game is televised (not just the "goal updates" promised) then I will have to find a decent place to go and watch.

nearlyyellow

This week it's Tuggeranong United vs Melbourne Victory; next week is Sydney United vs Sydney FC.
Thanks, :(
Blast! So no TV and no stream! :fireup:

I'm not convinced that locking out stream providers of the non televised games to favour Foxtel's one game per week coverage is the best way to promote football. Maybe FFA should rethink this strategy because there must be heaps of footy fans who have little interest in watching the televised game but would watch a stream of one of the other games. Even if there were a "pay up" option to view a stream of our game I would do it. I'm not going to go somewhere to watch the Foxtel coverage just to get score updates of our game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred