• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

eenfish

Arguably the best keeper in Belgium at the moment, and considering both Liverpool and Atletico (both challenging for titles in their respective leagues) had Belgian keepers then it only makes sense to look to the Belgian league as a good spot to get young talent.

And some doubters (mostly tosspot facebook commenters on TWG posts) said he was taking a step back by going to Club Brugge. HAHAHAHA. People are idiots when it comes to football.

eenfish

He'll be 30 in 8 years time. He will be in his prime for the next WC. Can he make it to two WCs if he skips this one?

Who knows, but why take a young bloke who hasn't played in nearly 5 months, is needing knee surgery, and hasn't had a single cap before? Just for the "experience"?

Kareem

I agree with that, but he'd probably end up at their Segunda side, Castilla. Unless they sell Diego Lopez, in which case he'd be either 2nd or 3rd choice.

I'm a massive Madrid fan, and I follow a lot of the rumours closely!

There is massive talk that one of our 2 goalkeepers (Casillas and Lopez) will leave at the end of the season...most likely Lopez
We

Which has lead to us possibly looking for a new back up goalkeeper.

If the interest in Ryan is true (which I don't quite believe), he would definitely 100% come here as the 2nd choice...

Madrid just don't buy 3rd choice goalkeepers...never have and never will!

They could buy & re-loan back for a few years. Definately no spot there as No. 1 for a few years. Don't do it unless they let you play somewhere else. Chelsea style.

Getting attention & getting a bid are different but to have a club like that even watching. Well done Matty

I don't think we will be purchasing a young goalkeeper yet...
Casillas will be here for another 5 years minimum (probably 7 or 8...but it's hard to say)
Yes Casillas and Cech are the same age...but chelsea and Madrid have 2 different approaches to youth...

Chelsea has gone for the gung ho and bought dozens of young talented footballers....and have been loaning them out!
They have 30 youngsters on loan at the moment...which is crazy (not saying it's a bad thing)
And it will probably work out for them...

Madrid on the other hand don't buy young talent just to ship them off...
We do it for our academy players...but rarely for new players

And we currently have only 4 players out on loan
2 goalkeepers and 2 strikers...

sydmariner

There is massive talk that one of our 2 goalkeepers (Casillas and Lopez) will leave at the end of the season...most likely Lopez
We

If the interest in Ryan is true (which I don't quite believe), he would definitely 100% come here as the 2nd choice...

Casillas will be here for another 5 years minimum (probably 7 or 8...but it's hard to say)
Yes Casillas and Cech are the same age...but chelsea and Madrid have 2 different approaches to youth...

Chelsea has gone for the gung ho and bought dozens of young talented footballers....and have been loaning them out!
They have 30 youngsters on loan at the moment...which is crazy (not saying it's a bad thing)

:popcorn:

style_cafe

We

Hey Kareem ,can they lend us a few strikers & a goalkeeper?

Kareem

Hands off Suarez (and I am not even a Liverpool fan). Do you want Kwasaldinho?

I don't want him

Benzema is worth 30 mill

And he has one of the best assists tally in Europe for a striker

Suarez is 1 year older...and would cost 70m

That's 40 mill difference

That's just plain stupid

Suarez wouldn't be worth that

Sure if you had to pick one...Suarez...

But not at those prices!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online