• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnie, you don't live here any more. Stay out of the pantry.

Roy Law

We replaced Arnie; we replaced Clarky. We will replace any that leave. I don't want Crawley to leave, and Mossy has twice recently talked him up, but if he goes we just find someone else. Kennedy came from nowhere and now we have Bosnar saying our fitness team is the best he has known - so why won't we have a replacement for Crawley in our ranks? Spider may have a lot of baggage but Janjetovic has had a very good season under his guidance and Arnie will have Rado Vidosic and Bimbi Corica on his staff so apart from Clark coming in for Crea, who has left, he might not want to change things too much.

Atomic

We replaced Arnie; we replaced Clarky. We will replace any that leave. I don't want Crawley to leave, and Mossy has twice recently talked him up, but if he goes we just find someone else. Kennedy came from nowhere and now we have Bosnar saying our fitness team is the best he has known - so why won't we have a replacement for Crawley in our ranks? Spider may have a lot of baggage but Janjetovic has had a very good season under his guidance and Arnie will have Rado Vidosic and Bimbi Corica on his staff so apart from Clark coming in for Crea, who has left, he might not want to change things too much.
Spot on Roy. No matter what happens, we shall overcome. After all, we are the Central Coast Mariners! The tougher the challenge, the more successful we'll be.

universalmind

Are you for real? I am a die hard Mariners supporter but these guys did a lot for the mariners over three years. Its football people move on and still need to earn. Wake up and smell the roses

Yes. I acknowledge Clark's contribution and thank him for it.

Arnold would not have achieved what he did without the club. It was McKinna that brought in the talent that now have budding careers overseas. With the exception of PZ and Perez, Arnold's signings have been quite poor. I have no doubt he is a quality coach at a-league level, however it is to be seen how much of "his" success is the result of the support he had. I have a gut feeling Moss made a far greater contribution to the past four seasons than we give him credit for.

I do not begrudge them the right to earn an income, however both understand the consequences after we gave the opportunity to pursue a "dream" overseas.

I very much hope the club comes out and makes a statement towards Arnold, Clark and SFC. For too long the Club has too easily accepted its position as the smallest club in the league. If we want to reach our vision of being the pre-eminent sporting organization in the country its about time we acted that way and started digging our heals in, starting with Arnold and Clark.

There are three clubs, I and a lot of supports hold absolute distain towards - all geographical rivals.

SFCs sense of self entitlement among staff, players and fans is pandemic and spurious.

As Kwas pointed out, Arnold quoted this prior to departing too Japan. "I will never coach another club in the a-league". For us to allow Arnold to pursue his dream and him to come back and join our closest geographical rival is a kick in the teeth to all fans and towards what our great club stands for.

The only roses I smell are rotting on a casket entitled G.Arnold Coaching Career.

Beware the curse of the former Mariner (in the a-league).

pjennings

Arnie's bullocks "it's always been a dream to coach Sydney FC who I think is the biggest club in Australia" tripe, shows he doesn't have any sentimentality about us. He won't go easy on us just because him and Mossy are mates.

Is Mooy still off contract? I reckon Arnie will try to nick him as well as trying to take Bernie, Mikey and a couple of our young lads. The only good thing is that A-League clubs can't do transfers between one another, so Sydney can't just throw money at us to steal our best players. Shame, though, because I wouldn't mind getting some repentance for having our best players nicked.

It might have been a dream - but it wasn't his first dream. I first met him behind bays 1-5 at Allianz at the Grand Final season 1 wearing a suit with a Mariners tie (which I don't think were available as merchandise) . He was a Mariners supporter from day 1 probably because of Northern Spirit link. He told me that day that he hoped to manage CCM one day.

VicMariner

how much of "his" success is the result of the support he had.
"The whole is greater than the sum of it's parts" type thing.
Funny if he can't recreate at SFC what he did at CCM and found himself out on his ear this time next year. There's no "under the radar" at Sydney, he better like the spotlight.

At any rate, it looks like he has used up most of the goodwill he had here.

Last edited:

gull

Thanks for everything you did for the Mariners Arnie. I will always appreciate it.

Now get f..cked and you can look forward to being booed loudly when you return.

gull

Thanks Arnie.

Hopefully your contacts bring you players the quality of Seip, Sutton, Baird and McClenahan to your new club.

Thanks for the hollow promises of returning on your departure.

Clarke - how does it feel to betray the club representing your birth place?

Remember it was the club that gave you a Championship and Premiership, not vice versa.

Sutton is the second highest goal scorer in the Scottish Premier League, and will play Europa League next season.

Who'd a thunk it...

sydmariner

we should make them our rubbish dump we gave the sky poos that c**t bojic & he f****d up so now they can have seive

Wombat

I would feel a lot dirtier trying to look at this if was Jets colours
00090381-leadimage.jpg

This I can somewhat understand
Sounds a bit like when John Aloi$i went down there because he "wanted to be part of something big".

It is a first for the A-League to have a manager start at one club one season and a geographic close rival the next.

As others have said, pilfering as a result of what Arnie knows of our strengths from his time here or taking another foundation player / instrumental member of our technical staff still present (thinking JC here), would make me livid.

Remember as well as Arnie, both Clarkey and Bernie did leave us of there own volition to further their careers and life experience elswhere.

That colour doesn't suit you Arnie!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So... Arnie has gone blue...everybody has to earn a wage I suppose....Arnie said "I will never coach another A-League club"...that's sort of like Alo$$i saying on doorstep of SFC "I wanted to go to a club that will win trophies" after we won the premiership while he was in the squad...must be some sort of Smurf induced amnesia....anyway, I cant see Arnie lasting the whole contract, he like total control and that's one thing he wont get off Poppa Smurf and the Smurf board.....I reckon he will last one season at best.

Big Al

On news last night asked about poaching CCM talent - "It's football it's business"

He has turned into a wanker in 5 minutes.

I can handle him taking the job - We didn't have one for him

but it's the arrogance that is so SFC.

Why not state I loved CCM but Mossy is doing a great job so there was no job for me there. I am Sydney born & bread & would love to coach the sky blues it's always been an ambition of mine. Central Coast made me as a coach I thank them wish them luck & hope I can be just as successful @ SFC

Instead it's all up himself stuff em type tough talk. That rubs me the wrong way the most.

yellowcake

Ironically he's likely to remain living on the coast and travel down to Sydney for work every day just like a lot of us.
Poppycock! Most of that "lot of us" who do the daily commute aren't on the $$$$ he'll be on. Even they keep the house up here, he'll have a cosy pad in Sydney. Where was Allesandro living again?

yellowcake

On news last night asked about poaching CCM talent - "It's football it's business"...
...but it's the arrogance that is so SFC.
This.

But that's the way it's always been, possibly to their detriment. Rather than development of young, little known or unfashionable players, their modus operandi has been "get the next shiny thing" whether it will fit in the hole or not. It's probably their responsility to do that because of the position of being the biggest (i.e most globally recognisable) club in Australia. But it's lazy.

Examples are (forgetting the shiny marquees):
After his unexpected success in the first season they tried to lure Lawrie McKinna to Allianz;
Many of the lauded Australian signings have come from success at other clubs - "the killer B's" Bridge and Brosque, Aloi$i, Colosimo, etc;
Players who should have been great from overseas e.g. Emerton.
The fans believe this too. I recall when McGlinchey appeared and thrived for us, comments on SFCU "can we sign him". ("Please Mum, can we, please, pretty please...")

They'll keep doing that. Maybe they'll do it better. I suspect they'll become very good under Arnie. But that's where they need to be in the Australian football landscape. And they definitely won't want to be playing second fiddle to another Sydney based team!

Their "biggness" has also been why its been so satisfying to get on top of them. From the unexpected 3-2 away Round 4 Season 1 (what a fantastic night), to that 7-2 in Gosford and the taking of all 9 points from them this year :overheadl:

But from my parochial Central Coast perspective, as the new thread title reads: "Stay out of the f**king pantry :fireup:"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred