• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnie, you don't live here any more. Stay out of the pantry.

eenfish

Lets be honest, these clubs have only been around for 9 years. Both men were only involved a little over 3 years. It isn't like he has gone from Celtic to Rangers or Barcelona to Madrid. Lets not throw metaphorical pig's heads at people now.

VicMariner

Lets be honest, these clubs have only been around for 9 years. Both men were only involved a little over 3 years. It isn't like he has gone from Celtic to Rangers or Barcelona to Madrid. Lets not throw metaphorical pig's heads at people now.
Ha ha.

Reminded me of a comment I saw yesterday on the SFC forum when I was looking to see what they had to say about Arnie's appointment.

Arnold "wasn't afraid to launch Matt Simon at the opposition, like a dysentery-laden cow carcass loaded onto a catapault."

Thought that was quite funny. :D

Big Al

At the end of the day their are no jobs at CCM for Arnie or Clarkey.
But don't poach the people who do have jobs here.

Even MC couldn't have thought his plan could work that well. The southern chapter could be in full swing. He doesn't even have to pay them.

midfielder

GA was let go to further his career overseas… it was short lived and he has returned to the A-League … the Mariners should be compensated and should there be a kinda ban on poaching Mariner talent given both his knowledge of the clubs juniors and relationships with the clubs players…

Rumours that Berrine who is off contract has been approached by Arnold as well as some of our key juniors … He was not released from his contract to coach in the A-League … certainly not released to be allowed to use his Mariner knowledge to poach it’s key assets that have been developed in our academy .. that the Mariners are the only folk with the knowledge of how good they are… Further he was not released to coach just down the road.

Poaching is a dirty trick and we should question FFA & De Bohun what is the point of the Mariners then if this form of conduct can be allowed.

Arnold at the Mariners was shown our extensive scouting folk …. our academy … our juniors … all this knowledge is now transferred to SFC when the release was to coach overseas not to another A-League side not one just down the road where he can take full advantage of inside knowledge

IMO FFA need to step in here as Arnold looks like getting Berrine will bring Clarky back another release go overseas not down the road…

If Arnold poaches our staff and players it is a huge act of betrayal on his part

Pissed off I is …

localpom

Thanks Arnie.

Hopefully your contacts bring you players the quality of Seip, Sutton, Baird and McClenahan to your new club.

Thanks for the hollow promises of returning on your departure.

Clarke - how does it feel to betray the club representing your birth place?

Remember it was the club that gave you a Championship and Premiership, not vice versa.

As long as Arnie doesn't pilfer our talent then I have no problems. They have families to support and we gave them our blessing when they left for Japan. Now...if they start looking at our coaching staff and players I may not be so charitable! I wonder how Pedj is feeling right now?

eenfish

I think you're making a mountain of a mole hill, Middy.

Arnie's MO with us was young players and run the team cheaply. With SFC he will have a lot more dosh. He might take a player like Bernie and maybe Mikey if he can, but I doubt he'd go after all our youngsters. He will be pressed to build a team of winners from day 1, not a bunch of youths that will be good in a couple of years. But then again Arnie would only have taken the job if he had full reign, so who bloody knows what is going through his head.

Big Al

GA was let go to further his career overseas… it was short lived and he has returned to the A-League … the Mariners should be compensated and should there be a kinda ban on poaching Mariner talent given both his knowledge of the clubs juniors and relationships with the clubs players…

Rumours that Berrine who is off contract has been approached by Arnold as well as some of our key juniors … He was not released from his contract to coach in the A-League … certainly not released to be allowed to use his Mariner knowledge to poach it’s key assets that have been developed in our academy .. that the Mariners are the only folk with the knowledge of how good they are… Further he was not released to coach just down the road.

Poaching is a dirty trick and we should question FFA & De Bohun what is the point of the Mariners then if this form of conduct can be allowed.

Arnold at the Mariners was shown our extensive scouting folk …. our academy … our juniors … all this knowledge is now transferred to SFC when the release was to coach overseas not to another A-League side not one just down the road where he can take full advantage of inside knowledge

IMO FFA need to step in here as Arnold looks like getting Berrine will bring Clarky back another release go overseas not down the road…

If Arnold poaches our staff and players it is a huge act of betrayal on his part

Pissed off I is …
FFA loves SFC & WSW miles more than us.
Piss poor if taking players & coaches etc especially youth. Would like to see strong comment from the Mariners on this. But doubt will get anything other that Kwassie starting the hate.

Big Al

I think you're making a mountain of a mole hill, Middy.

Arnie's MO with us was young players and run the team cheaply. With SFC he will have a lot more dosh. He might take a player like Bernie and maybe Mikey if he can, but I doubt he'd go after all our youngsters. He will be pressed to build a team of winners from day 1, not a bunch of youths that will be good in a couple of years. But then again Arnie would only have taken the job if he had full reign, so who bloody knows what is going through his head.
He was the reason Kalik mainly but Rose (jnr) as well signed with CCM. Promised them he'd be here with them.
Bernie & WeeMac are stars. An efficient team like the mariners needs a couple of stars to take them to the top. Taking Weemac was poor but understandable but now Bernie. We don't have a say in Bernie as we don't own him but really piss poor if he tries destroying Mariners he may have originally started but he left them to us when he left.

Arnie is also not a quick fix guy - He will want strong youth to support his marques. The SFC side won the NYL by a stroll so already has a good group to work with but pinching our stock is plain lazy

nebakke

FFA loves SFC & WSW miles more than us.
Piss poor if taking players & coaches etc especially youth. Would like to see strong comment from the Mariners on this. But doubt will get anything other that Kwassie starting the hate.

Yeah, pretty impressive how quickly he could bring himself out of favour with this sort of approach... He can't just loot our trove every time he moves club, that's not on, especially not when he's going to one of the other NSW clubs.
But I have to admit that, assuming we'd chase after Bernie as well, I'd be pretty bloody disappointed if he goes to SFC or any of the other A-league clubs...

nebakke

Arnie is also not a quick fix guy - He will want strong youth to support his marques. The SFC side won the NYL by a stroll so already has a good group to work with but pinching our stock is plain lazy

Yeah, on top of everything else, they're always going on about how the big difference would be the money available there... So spend some of it, rather than paching what you can from us :(
Dafuq is it with SFC and taking our successes rather than building their own?

Big Al

Might need to ask Frankie where he buys his water proof suits.

Plenty be keen to shout Arnie a beer. Lets hope he can catch

eenfish

Arnie's bullocks "it's always been a dream to coach Sydney FC who I think is the biggest club in Australia" tripe, shows he doesn't have any sentimentality about us. He won't go easy on us just because him and Mossy are mates.

Is Mooy still off contract? I reckon Arnie will try to nick him as well as trying to take Bernie, Mikey and a couple of our young lads. The only good thing is that A-League clubs can't do transfers between one another, so Sydney can't just throw money at us to steal our best players. Shame, though, because I wouldn't mind getting some repentance for having our best players nicked.

tsd

All the promising young talent are on 2-3 year deals so no poaching to fear there, JC on the other hand... Who would you choose to work with every day spider or JC?

yellowcake

I would feel a lot dirtier trying to look at this if was Jets colours
00090381-leadimage.jpg

This I can somewhat understand
“I am extremely excited to be here. It has always been my dream as a Sydney boy to coach Sydney FC, in my view the biggest club in the country”
Sounds a bit like when John Aloi$i went down there because he "wanted to be part of something big".

It is a first for the A-League to have a manager start at one club one season and a geographic close rival the next.

As others have said, pilfering as a result of what Arnie knows of our strengths from his time here or taking another foundation player / instrumental member of our technical staff still present (thinking JC here), would make me livid.

Remember as well as Arnie, both Clarkey and Bernie did leave us of there own volition to further their careers and life experience elswhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred