• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

dibo

I think Lawrie's always been about what's good for Lawrie. For a long time, that happened to coincide with what's good for CCM.

FFC Mariner

The blokes entitled to try and get work wherever he can.

CCM don't want him so what's the problem?

We have lots of issues and he isn't one of them

dibo

Gatty says "Sydney FC release 8 players. Necevski, Bouzanis, Anderson, Woodcock ,Tratt, Stambolziev, Mullen and Naumoff."

Yeah, pass. Squaddies ain't what we need. We've got loads already.

Rowdy

It's a transfer ..... sorta :p

Bakries agree to sell Brisbane Roar:

gettyimages-518848510.jpg

The Bakrie Group's tumultuous reign over Brisbane Roar is almost over with the A-League club poised to be sold to a consortium led by Melbourne businessman Daniel Cobb.

Cobb, the owner of energy comparison website Electricity Watch and former Adelaide United sponsor Clean Energy Enterprises, heads a group that has agreed to buy the Roar's A-League licence from the Bakries - a sale that is subject to due diligence and approval from Football Federation Australia.

The process could see Cobb's consortium take either 100 per cent ownership of the club, or a controlling share, with the Bakries showing interest in staying on as a minority shareholder.

Cobb recently approached the Indonesian conglomerate with the proposal to buy the three-time A-League champions, subsequently flew to Jakarta to meet key Bakrie representatives, and was made the club's managing director and interim chief executive officer earlier in the week.

Family head Nirwan Bakrie has also agreed to inject $2 million into the club in a move that will allow coach John Aloisi and football director Craig Moore to begin planning for the new season.

"I'm the managing director of the club because a party that I'm related to has agreed terms with the Bakrie Group," Cobb told AAP.

"We've signed a terms sheet that will see them exit the club and us acquire the club.

"FFA need the club stabilised and we have secured a capital injection from the Bakrie Group during the time which the process with the FFA and the engagement with other stakeholders in relation to the sale is completed."

The recapitalisation from the Bakries should mean players and staff are paid on time next Wednesday, avoiding an insolvency event that would have triggered an A-League licence breach and given FFA the opportunity to take over.

Cobb intends to hold a media conference in Brisbane on Friday to elaborate on his plans for the club, but said he was unable to reveal the identity of the other investors.

Cobb's company Electricity Watch recently became a business partner of Football Federation Victoria.

Another one of his businesses, Clean Energy Enterprises, signed a three-year, $1 million sponsorship with Adelaide United in 2013.

However, it only lasted a short time before Cobb terminated the deal, and it's understood there is residual ill will between him and the club.

pjennings

Ray Gatt reporting on twitter

The 'third marquee' was to allow Melbourne City to buy Timmy. Bruno has become a marquee, apparently they have already signed a 'big signing' for their second and the third would have been Timmy. Owners not happy with that and third marquee won't happen.

dibo

Turns out they've agreed to a 12mth guest player rule (rather than 10 games).

"ONE: Not the way I'd like to start the day but, taking it upon myself to say my story today re clubs not agreeing to FFA request re Tim

TWO: Cahill is wrong. I have now been told they AGREED to the idea of extending the guest player rule to 12 months to accommodate

THREE: Signing Cahill as a guest player for 12 months. While I can honestly say no pressure has been put on me, I want to be man enough to

FOUR: story is incorrect. I am more than happy for these four tweets to be retweeted."

dibo

I think Lawrie's always been about what's good for Lawrie. For a long time, that happened to coincide with what's good for CCM.
Just want to remind everyone of the first sentence of this post.

Y'know, in case of any doubt.

Rowdy

2 from 2 ;)

SYDFC: Have Janjetovic as there #1 after a solid season last, talk now chasing Schwarzer as well. Can't see Arnie signing someone like Covic, more so Danny Vukovic if Perth fail to land Schwarzer.
NEWC: Have a quality Keeper in Mark Birighitti & talk of former Perth Glory jnr Jack Duncan returning from overeseas club Randers.

Arnie closing in on the former Mariner now that Schwarzer is looking less likely to play at all in the A-League.

Sydney FC target Victory shot stopper Vukovic:

vukovic.jpg

Melbourne Victory keeper Danny Vukovic has emerged as Sydney FC’s latest transfer target as they broaden their search beyond Mark Schwarzer for a second shot-stopper.

Vukovic, who has one year left on his two-season contract with the Navy Blues, is keen to return to his hometown and work under one-time mentor Graham Arnold.

Finding a new keeper has become a matter of urgency for Arnold, the search for a challenger to incumbent Vedran Janjetovic became a higher priority after the exit to Central Coast of Ian Necevski.

Vukovic spent a season with Wellington Phoenix and three years with Perth Glory, including a loan spell at Vegalta Sendai under Arnold, before heading to Victory a year ago.

In March Vukovic became the first A-League player to reach the 250 appearance milestone.

But Vukovic, who has made 30 appearances in all competitions for Kevin Muscat’s side, fell out of favour towards the back end of the season, amid suggestions his focus was understandably blurred with his son Harley fighting a serious liver condition.

A strong finish to the season by Lawrence Thomas has put the pressure on the veteran goal keeper and given Vukovic added pause for thought as he contemplates the prospect of returning to his hometown of Sydney.

It’s believed that Muscat is reluctant to release the 31 year old without a fight.

But were he to gain a release, the Sky Blues would drop out of the hunt for Schwarzer, 43, who is a free agent after being released by Premier League champions Leicester City at the end of the season.

Meanwhile, another former Glory keeper, Jack Duncan, has been granted a release by Danish Super Liga outfit Randers – also the home of fellow Aussie Mustafa Amini – after a single season in which he made just one start and that in a domestic cup competition.

While the 23 year old has received an offer to return to Perth, it’s understood he is close to agreeing to terms with Newcastle Jets, and he could be unveiled imminently as the club prepares for the departure of their No.1, Mark Birighitti, to a European club.

Rowdy

Dont know where $chwarzer will see himself playing in the A-League now that Tony Sage has stated they're 'out' of the negotiations with the ex-Socceroo & Arnie now looking at Vuka as an option as well.

With the biggest wallet in the League and the fact that Sorensen still has 1yr left on his deal at Melb.City (they're obviously a no-go)

Sounds like Schwarzer has put too high a price on his services, which isnt surprising, considering his stated petulance for the A-League years ago when asked about finishing his career here.

JoyfulPenguin

Dont know where $chwarzer will see himself playing in the A-League now that Tony Sage has stated they're 'out' of the negotiations with the ex-Socceroo & Arnie now looking at Vuka as an option as well.

With the biggest wallet in the League and the fact that Sorensen still has 1yr left on his deal at Melb.City (they're obviously a no-go)

Sounds like Schwarzer has put too high a price on his services, which isnt surprising, considering his stated petulance for the A-League years ago when asked about finishing his career here.
If Vuka goes to Sydney then I would say that whoever wins the battle for the Number One jumper will be a much better keeper for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred