• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2015 Mariners Pre-Season Games

Rowdy

Eddie Bosnar is Captain ! wtf?? Does this mean that he will be appointed "vice-captain" for the season and will wear the armband whenever Monty's not on the field?

Josh Rose should be given the armband imo. Longer, loyal history with the club, won a Championship, x2 Premiership.

Should be Reddy IMO but i have heard Bosnar is thriving under Walmsley

Sorry but Reddy is renowned for brain-snaps, flying drunk and general DH behaviour in the past.

Just cause he's a 'senior', to me doesn't mean shit.

style_cafe

Josh Rose should be given the armband imo. Longer, loyal history with the club, won a Championship, x2 Premiership.

Sorry but Reddy is renowned for brain-snaps, flying drunk and general DH behaviour in the past.

Just cause he's a 'senior', to me doesn't mean shit.

When was his last misdemeanor?

Forum Phoenix

Sounds like good signs despite the loss. Really looking forward to our attacking intent. Aussies can always accept losses with good will if the team gives their all and really has a go. Whereas negative football, you MUST WIN, or you will lose the fans.

I had some big reservations about signing him like so many did. But Reddy has earned his respect in yellow as a player and a man capable of making big mistakes, owning up to them and then changing, so albeit the hard way, he now has some valuable leadership lessons to impart.

Ultimately, we're not inside the camp, got to trust and Hutch's judgement when it comes to these decisions I think. Love Rosey, but he's always seemed pretty quiet/reserved to be a captain. So Bosnar is not too much of a surprise.

Last edited:

Gratis

'Desperate to score': Mariners' Walmsley says execution will get better

SOCCER is a game of inches, and had Roy O’Donovan’s early strike been an inch to the left, the Mariners would have left Orange yesterday in far better spirits.Instead, O’Donovan hit the woodwork after just five minutes of Sunday’s A-League pre-season clash with Newcastle, with the Jets going on to claim a 1-nil victory courtesy of a 52nd minute header from defender Jason Hoffman.Mariners coach Tony Walmsley conceded execution let his side down.
But he said the sheer weight of opportunities the Mariners created - particularly during the opening 45 minutes - was positive enough to suggest the Central Coast was in for a strong 2015-16 A-League campaign.
“(Sunday) showed the signs of what we’re about and what we’re trying to do,” Walmsley said post game.
“We didn’t execute well enough at all. And the players will be very hard on themselves. I don’t need to be ... they know what they’ve got to do.
“We finished the game with five up front and three defenders.
“We were desperate to score goals ... it didn’t happen. It will happen.”
This weekend the Mariners get another chance to hit home some winners when they play the Brisbane Roar on the Sunshine Coast in their final hit-out before the regular season begins on October 10.
Walmsley believes his side’s Wade Park performance wasn’t too bad, but added there’s plenty of work to do in the lead up to the A-League opener.
“We were reasonably pleased. First half we were dominant, hit the post, created numerous opportunities to get in behind them and just couldn’t score,” he said.
“It’s fantastic though. We’ve rally engaged with the community, as best we can. It’s great to see so many people here ... we’re a community club and this is the type of thing we do.
“I’m sure there’s opportunities down the track for more games out in the Central West. We’ve enjoyed it. We look forward to coming back."
http://www.centralwesterndaily.com....msley-says-execution-will-get-better/?cs=2439

Capt. Awesome

I was at the game in Orange on Sunday. We were looking really good in the first half and even in the second we were still pushing.
Was interesting to see Posco was played as the single DM. He did a pretty good job. Was fast and moved the ball side to side well. We played quite a risky game which is probably why we conceded from a corner. On every newscast corner we left our front 3 on the half way line ready for the counter. This was even before we were chasing the game. We had numerous chances. The shot where Roy hit the woodwork was a bit of a shocker. He evaded the keeper 1 on 1 to give himself an open goal and somehow hit the post. It looked like there was no way he could miss.

Jets only started playing once they scored and we pushed more players forward. Overall very promising.

Wombat

We have ALWAYS been terrible at defending set pieces. Its like we have never had a decent defender on the coaching staff.

Wombat

We have ALWAYS been terrible at defending set pieces. Its like we have never had a decent defender on the coaching staff.

Okay...I'm gonna bite Eastwood boy?

Who has been instrumental in us being tight as a drum defensively?........

When we leave posts and players unmarked at corners?

When we stand a yard on the wrong side of the attacking player.

When we collectively ball watch instead of instinctively closing down the attacking threat.

I once asked your favourite Matty, during a game when the nix of all sides ripped us apart....."why are we so hopeless defensively???......don't you have anyone to coach the obvious?

He told me they have NEVER had anyone to show them the ropes defensively.

I think Dutchy took on that role in his time with us.

Forum Phoenix

I think in earlier seasons when we had Wilko and Beauchamp and then later Mile, we defended set pieces well. It was our high line being exploited by Thompson and the like, which would force danny brain snaps etc that had me tearing my hair out.

During Dutchy's reign and our premiership winning year I thought we were decent too.

localpom

Looks like that is our "no shit" squad, excited to see Austin tear up the flanks.
2 or 3 players missing that i would expect to be in our first team, but other than that it's a strong squad. No Monty who must still be getting over his injury and Micky Neill. Maybe....

...............................Half each for Izzo/Reddy...........................
...Storm/Posco half each.....Boz......Ascroft...............Rosey.......
.....................................Jake McG...............................................
....Fab.................Caceres...............Fitz......................Austin........
......................................Roy..........................................................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred