• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2015 Mariners Pre-Season Games

nearlyyellow

When will we know when and where the club has arranged pre-season games? We'll probably have another Lismore game? And probably 1 or 2 games at Pluim Park I imagine? Anyone have any news?

rbakersmith

Hopefully they bring back the games against Bankstown City (watching the Mariners while enjoying a good cevapi roll is an awesome combination!) and Spirit FC.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a game against Northbridge as well...

nearlyyellow

Whatever and wherever, I am looking forward so much to the pre-seasons. A cevapi roll sounds just great, even at Bankstown. Before my time though. :-| So, Northbridge at NSO perhaps? :D

kevrenor

Coffs Harbour City Council are trying to get an A-League pre-season game here ... my fingers are crossed -for Mariners esp.; though if they play at Lismore when I'm not away o/s, I'll be there.

dibo

It's pretty clear that a move to NSO is off the cards.

In that context, preseason games and other events in the market are a great idea, as are playing NYL and W-League (when we're back in it) games in the northern suburbs.

We *should* be taking preseason games to the feeder clubs; Western NSW, Northern Sydney and of course Central Coast.

That's 3 games taken care of, and after that you'd want to be stepping up to NPL1 and then A-League opposition.

rbakersmith

I'd probably look at something along the lines of:
  • MSL1: WNSW @ Bathurst, North Shore @ Northbridge or NSO
  • NPL2: CCFC @ Pluim Park, Spirit FC @ Christie Park, Bankstown City @ Jensen Oval
  • NPL1: Blacktown City @ Lily Homes Stadium, Manly United @ Cromer Park
  • A-League: Melbourne City @ Lismore or Coffs Harbour, Newcastle @ Armidale
There's also up to 3 FFA Cup games during the pre-season; of the teams above we would potentially meet Blacktown City, Melbourne City (in Ro16 or QFs) and Newcastle.

rbakersmith

The first pre-season games have been announced, against Canberra Olympic and Gungahlin United in August:

The Central Coast Mariners are excited to announce a pre-season trip to Canberra where they will take on Capital Football PlayStation 4 National Premier League sides; Canberra Olympic and Gungahlin United.
Before taking on the Central Coast Mariners, Gungahlin United will face off against Sydney Olympic in the Westfield FFA Cup 2015 Round of 32 whilst Canberra Olympic are sitting fourth on the PS4 NPL Ladder.

Arriving on Sunday August 16, the Mariners will roll out a number of coaching clinics in the nation’s capital over their five-night stay that will see them interact with a number of local players and coaches.

Head Coach Tony Walmsley sees the trip to Canberra as a crucial part of the Yellow & Navy’s pre-season.

“I was keen to re-visit Canberra as a pre-season destination. The Mariners have had a long association with the region and I am really grateful for the support of Canberra Olympic FC and Gungahlin United in making this happen,” Walmsley said.

“This camp promises to be as intensive as possible with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) providing optimum training facilities together with two games enabling all players to receive vital game time.

“The A.C.T. has a history of producing talent and this trip provides an excellent opportunity for us to have a close look at some of the next generation,” he said.

Further details for the Central Coast Mariners pre-season will be made available in due course.

Event schedule

Monday 17th August

• 5pm at Dickson Playing Fields - coaching clinics for Majura FC/Canberra Olympic junior teams
  • 6pm at Dickson Playing Fields – coach the coaches sessions for Majura & Olympic
Tuesday 18th August

• Central Coast Mariners v Canberra Olympic at Woden Park – 6pm kick off
Wednesday 19th August

• Coaching clinics for Gungahlin United junior teams – TBC
  • Coach the coaches sessions for Gungahlin United – TBC
Thursday 20th August

• Central Coast Mariners v Gungahlin United at Gungahlin Enclosed – kick off TBC
http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...eshxu6iojyfq165xp9cg1c7b3#HXvT5SSMZVbw542M.99

Rowdy

Mariners hoping to catch the next Rogic in the ACT
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/mariners-hoping-catch-next-rogic-act#7evitMkdCA2dAekM.99

The Central Coast Mariners will be hoping to find hidden gems like Socceroo Tom Rogic when they take their pre-season to the ACT next month.
CJTMzYoUkAACT08.jpg
GUFC Head Coach Claudio Canosa and Olympic Head Coach Frank Cachia with @ccmariners Liam Reddy and Josh Rose

Canberra-raised Rogic got his start as a professional at the Mariners after he was spotted playing for Belconnen United back in 2012.

The classy playmaker has gone on to become a Socceroo and earned a move to Scottish Premier League giants Celtic.

Mariners assistant coach John Hutchinson says the club plan to use the trip not only as a key part of their pre-season schedule but also to look at the region’s young talent.

“We’re pretty interested to see what’s down there. It’s an untapped area and if you can find the next Tom Rogic, you’re doing well because Tommy was a fantastic footballer for the Mariners,” Hutchinson told the Canberra Times.

“Mile Sterjovski has got in touch with us about some of the good players down there at the moment.

“We have also got Claudio Canosa (Gungahlin United coach), who I played with when I was a young boy down at Morwell, and he told us about a couple of players as well that we’re going to look at.”

The Mariners will play two matches during their time in the nation’s capital, facing Canberra Olympic at Woden Park on August 18 before taking on Westfield FFA Cup side Gungahlin United at Gungahlin Enclosed two days later.

As well as the matches, the club will also conduct a couple of coaching clinics for local players and coaches.

“The Mariners have had a long association with the region and I am really grateful for the support of Canberra Olympic FC and Gungahlin United in making this happen,” Mariners boss Tony Walmsley said.

“The ACT has a history of producing talent and this trip provides an excellent opportunity for us to have a close look at some of the next generation.”

JoyfulPenguin

Mariners hoping to catch the next Rogic in the ACT
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/mariners-hoping-catch-next-rogic-act#7evitMkdCA2dAekM.99

The Central Coast Mariners will be hoping to find hidden gems like Socceroo Tom Rogic when they take their pre-season to the ACT next month.
View attachment 287
GUFC Head Coach Claudio Canosa and Olympic Head Coach Frank Cachia with @ccmariners Liam Reddy and Josh Rose

Canberra-raised Rogic got his start as a professional at the Mariners after he was spotted playing for Belconnen United back in 2012.

The classy playmaker has gone on to become a Socceroo and earned a move to Scottish Premier League giants Celtic.

Mariners assistant coach John Hutchinson says the club plan to use the trip not only as a key part of their pre-season schedule but also to look at the region’s young talent.

“We’re pretty interested to see what’s down there. It’s an untapped area and if you can find the next Tom Rogic, you’re doing well because Tommy was a fantastic footballer for the Mariners,” Hutchinson told the Canberra Times.

“Mile Sterjovski has got in touch with us about some of the good players down there at the moment.

“We have also got Claudio Canosa (Gungahlin United coach), who I played with when I was a young boy down at Morwell, and he told us about a couple of players as well that we’re going to look at.”

The Mariners will play two matches during their time in the nation’s capital, facing Canberra Olympic at Woden Park on August 18 before taking on Westfield FFA Cup side Gungahlin United at Gungahlin Enclosed two days later.

As well as the matches, the club will also conduct a couple of coaching clinics for local players and coaches.

“The Mariners have had a long association with the region and I am really grateful for the support of Canberra Olympic FC and Gungahlin United in making this happen,” Mariners boss Tony Walmsley said.

“The ACT has a history of producing talent and this trip provides an excellent opportunity for us to have a close look at some of the next generation.”
While this is basically just some PR work it's good the club is looking at all potential players.

Big Al

Potential as our community round game in 2 yrs.
Or if Geelong on offer again maybe a CCS game there

Gratis

Good good.

Also this is a useful list to keep updated

CURRENT PRE-SEASON MATCH SCHEDULE:
Coffs Harbour:

• Friday August 7: Western Sydney Wanderers v Central Coast Mariners at Coffs International Stadium - 7:00pm
FFA Cup (Central Coast Stadium)
  • Tuesday August 11: Central Coast Mariners v Wellington Phoenix at Central Coast Stadium - 7:30pm
Canberra:
  • Tuesday August 18: Central Coast Mariners v Canberra Olympic at Woden Park - 6:00pm
  • Thursday August 20: Central Coast Mariners v Gungahlin United at Gungahlin Enclosed - kick off TBC

Rowdy

Big banana 2-1.jpg

Ahhhh, the memories of stopping in here on the way to Brisbane for the inaugural A-LEAGUE S1 Marinators first ever Away Trip.

2 mini busses, #1 drivin by the big man & legend himself 'Auburn' & #2 by who else but Kevrenors good mate PTBD 'Pete The Bus Driver'.

Treasure hunt between the buses to see who could steal the most obscure shit from the side of the roads: garden gnomes, windmills & whatever else that would 'one-'up the other bus.
My clandestine theft of Grafton's Macca's flag got us over the line.

However it was 'GoldenBoy' setting-off of the fire extinguisher in #Bus2 that was the trip highlight. Seeing the 'ghosts' emerge from the bus. "What the hell happened?"
GoldenBoy "I swear I barely touched it and it just......"

Mini-bus;
Paint code: white
Interior trim: also now white.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members