• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2015 Mariners Pre-Season Games

Rowdy

Sweet, thanks.

Simple mistake, although if you make the mistake of going to Newcastle you will aways be correct in saying ' you went down' ....no matter which direction you came from :cool:

Gratis

Good good. the sky poos are recent grand finalists and premiership contenders, going toe to toe with them (albeit preseason) is most encouraging

scoober

Good good. the sky poos are recent grand finalists and premiership contenders, going toe to toe with them (albeit preseason) is most encouraging
Is it just me or does anyone else think that sydney squad is much weaker this year then last? For me they just don't have the cutting edge and will struggle to score goals.

Capt. Awesome

Is it just me or does anyone else think that sydney squad is much weaker this year then last? For me they just don't have the cutting edge and will struggle to score goals.

They still not have a striker like Yanko or ADP that can score 10+ goals and I'm not sure the replaced Bernie with adequate talent. They'll probably still be top 4 but this season will be all MV again.

Luke

Thanks Luke. Good signs. Any idea on the sides?

Not 100% but I know Reddy didn't play at all.Pearce started in goal who was a nervous wreck apparently but he did okay (makes me eat my words a little ) then another trial keeper played the last 15 minutes and directly set up Sims goal. Neil,Mcging,Posc,L.Rose,Monty,J.Rose,Fitzy,Fab and Roy all played.They went with a "matchday" squad so plenty of boys got 90 minutes.Sim came off the bench I think.
Sydneys only real weak spot was their forward line.No Brosque or Smeltz so Simon started.Ando also came off the bench for them.Their marquee (forgotten his name) scored a bomb volley off a corner.

nebakke

Sydneys only real weak spot was their forward line.No Brosque or Smeltz so Simon started.Ando also came off the bench for them.Their marquee (forgotten his name) scored a bomb volley off a corner.

That sounds fairly encouraging then :) If we were able to sneak three goals past a decent looking Sydney frontline, there might be some promise for the season, let's see.
Any chance we could start telling Sim that the season only starts in May? - He seems to score a lot more in pre-season/early on ;)

Forum Phoenix

Mmm.... I think Arnie tends to get the best out of strikers. He plays systems to suit his cattle. Holosko will prove at worst very decent under Arnie. Then they have Smeltz, Brosque and Matty... that's a better cutting edge than we've ever had? I think their attack will be very solid. Where I think they may be weaker is at the back. Arnie typically focuses on preparing his defence first and attack second in pre season... so losing to us 3-1 hopefully bodes ill for them :) But I'm sure they'll still be very competitive.

Luke

We are playing Victory today behind closed doors at AAMI so it will be a big test.2pm kickoff.I don't think word was going to go out but Victory let the cat out of the bag on twitter.
Victory starting 11 is close to their best.Bozanic also starting.

Capt. Awesome

We are playing Victory today behind closed doors at AAMI so it will be a big test.2pm kickoff.I don't think word was going to go out but Victory let the cat out of the bag on twitter.
Sweet. Have you got any insiders to let us know how the game goes, Luke?

Capt. Awesome

Here is the Mariners lineup. Interesting no Ferriara and playing with 2 DMs again with McGing moving forward up out of the backline. Fitzy to play right wing I assume.CO1W0qoVEAA87Oo.jpg

Last edited:

sydmariner

Why so many closed door games ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred