• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

you're listening to what right now????

adz

Staff member
a bit late/early for Christmas, but anyway....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TjRZkAGDGGE

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
W.A.S.P, NIGHTWISH, DRAGONFORCE, TUFF, TRIXTER, FIREHOUSE.... all that good shite, while I work on one of my short stories, yes sport fans, ya cut a hole in ya foot, and you start finishing off that novel ya started HAHAHAHAHAHA

turn on , plug in, turn up, ROCK OUT

blackie.jpg

BLACKIE LAWLESS ...W.A.S.P

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
listening to that bloke that big barry belted on satdee's mum, banging on about police charges and suchlike

P

Pete

RECKY said:
kevrenor said:
Courtesy of this web video bizzo - Easybeats "Friday on My Mind" - an Australian classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0trmbAwVuR4

Enjoying that jimmy?

Kev, Stevie Wright was bloody good matter of fact that vid is nearly as classy as the Aztecs clip of CC Rider I found on that tube whatsit 

Ha ha, yep a classic that one!

Was VERY lucky to have seen the Easybeats when they reformed for an Australian Tour in the 1980s.

Stevie Wright had been dried out and was in top form on stage (and this was before he really went down hill and broke his leg, poor bugger).

What amazed me was the strength of the music. They took the stage with no frills, just guitars and amps, drums, and Stevie's voice. And they blew the Entertainment Centre apart. There was definately a magic to the combination of the personnel in that group.

The band was very tight and to hear the music played with modern PA gear and properly for the first time (a lot of their recording were done in mono and by inexperienced engineers) was a real eye opener. Also I was immensely impressed by the guitar playing of Harry Vanda (he really ripped it up on lead guitar!), and ffs, old George Young looked like an older version of Angus!

Omni

That would have been awesome, I think of all the bands I love that I never got to see live and it makes me sad!

My answer to the question: Johnny Quest (Thinks We're Sellouts) - Less Than Jake

P

Pete

Omni said:
That would have been awesome, I think of all the bands I love that I never got to see live and it makes me sad!

Yeah, I hear you... I sometimes feel I was born 10 years too late.

Mind you, seeing the Easybeats was kinda funny as my eldest sister had seen them in their heyday around Sydney venues. And there I was, in the 1980s seeing them.

I have been lucky to have talked to some folks over the years who have seen some of those I missed out on and understand how you'd feel. But it is definitely a generational thing, there's some act you would have seen, that in the years to come someone will say "really?" to...Have to put it into perspective, and not get too downcast about it. Que Sera Sera, Omni.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred