• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

you're listening to what right now????

Rowdy

Just found this and its the original and IMO the best by a long way.

Ahhhh, George Rrurrambu
- the Aboriginal Bonn Scott !!

I discovered Warumpi Band as a 16yo hard core Midnight Oil fan when the Oil's added x2 Warrumpi Band songs on the B-Side of their 'The Dead Heart' 12inch single release.

There is a fantastic documentary about The Warrumpi Band/George Rrurrambu called : "Big Name, No Blanket"
- well worth the watch.

https://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/big-name-no-blanket/

Wombat

My son loved this song as a kid... The Who did a fab version as well.

You have very solid taste for a westie kid Middy!

midfielder

My son loved this song as a kid... The Who did a fab version as well.

You have very solid taste for a westie kid Middy!

To much wasted time listening to heaps of music and acts .... still a hippe at heart and fell in love with Woodstock and all the various acts they had there ... still remember singing some of the early anti war songs and wondered why they never were played on radio..

Just as reference at the end a old vid by Country Joe at Woodstock have a listen me thinks way before your time but I am sure its still holds value as both a performance and a song... could make an incredible chant ..

BTW liked the Who version as well whether I like it more ...hhmm hard to say...

Anywho have a listen to Country Joe and at some stage they put in the words and I recall screaming this song out in anti war marches when I was really only a kid in my early teens.. worth a listen right to the end.... even just to see how the crowd reacted ...

Wombat

Cheers Middy.
I love the educational videos......but like the ones I had to watch at school on how to drive and how to root safely ,that sucked balls!!!!
I hate Country music unless its awesome and i hate American music unless its awesome.
Country Joe was shite but i love to hear different stuff all the time.
Next....................!

Rowdy

Re-watch the video & picture Matty Simon in those lycra bike shorts and the puffy big red jacket !
:tv:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred