• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup Prediction Thread

Mr Cleansheets

I think Australia will draw with Germany, beat Ghana by at least two and either draw with Serbia or lose by one goal which will be enough to take us through in second place.

I then think we'll draw 2 - 2 with England and go out on penalties.

The emerging star from the tournament will be Rukavytsya.

I also predict massive logistical problems for the fans, but that's a no brainer.

Tournament winners - Brazil. Dark horse - England (if Rooney stays fit).

ballantyne

Germany's record in their first game of the World Cup Finals:
P16 W11 D3 L1 For42 Against13

and in the last 10 Finals:
P10 W8 D1 L1 For25 Against7

They've won their last 6, with a GD of +17, conceding only 4. They've been behind at half time only once, in 1934 against Belgium: a game they went on to win 5:2.

In the game they lost, to Algeria in 82, they dominated the game, winning 16 corners to Algeria's 4, but lost out to two brilliant pieces of attacking flair and superb goalkeeping.

IOW, based on form, it will be an upset if we don't get slaughtered, and a major upset to get a draw.

Mr Cleansheets

Those are all valid points, but on the basis of my nationality and cheerily optimistic nature, and because it's such a lovely day...I think we might sneak a draw.

serious14

Mr Cleansheets said:

You're predicting England to win a shootout??

Brave man you are.  ;)

Australia - run to the QF's (knocking out England on the way) where we lose to whoever, and no-one cares 'cause we knocked out England.

Winners - Spain

Runners Up - Brazil

Surprise Packets (3rd or 4th) - Chile or Paraguay

Disappointments - France (not really a disappointment as such, as their qualifying form has been horrendous, but finalists last time etc.) and Argentina

Golden Boot - Villa

Player of the Tournament - Xavi and/or Iniesta

bjw

bjw
Australia to draw with Germany, beat Ghana and draw against Serbia 1-1.

We'll finish second in the group- then play England in round of 16. Holman will score in the 90+3rd minute and we'll go to the quaters and play France, lose on penalties.

ballantyne

Verbeek's tactics will be; park the bus, route one to Kennedy. Most coaches will do the same. We'll start 9 or 10 of the 11 that started against Japan in 2006. When we fall behind to Germany Verbeek will struggle to match the nous of Hiddink. Ghana and Serbia will also play defensively, making for the easiest prediction - boredom. Loss, 2 draws.
Spain v Argentina final, Spain on pens.
Surprise packets: Slovenia
England: worse than ever

Jesus

Jesus
North Korea to beat brazil by playing their usual minimum 7-8 defending constantly, completely destroying brazils counter attack, forcing them to play football, which is dunga's achillies heel.

tuftman

serious14 said:
Mr Cleansheets said:

You're predicting England to win a shootout??

Brave man you are.  ;)

Australia - run to the QF's (knocking out England on the way) where we lose to whoever, and no-one cares 'cause we knocked out England.

I will care, chances are it'll be Uruguay(I think) and I don't think I could stand being knocked out by them at all. Let alone England for that matter

dibo

Lose to ze chermans, draw with both Serbia and Ghana. May not score a goal. Serbia to beat Ghana to claim second on four points ahead of us on two and Ghana on one.

My mate Goran will be completely impossible for the next four years.

Arabmariner

I can't see Australia scoring let alone win a game.

3 nil all draws will be enough though as long as Germany pump the rest of them and Serbia and Ghana draw 0-0.

Not too much to ask is it ?

Still think my other teams are a better bet (USA,Slovenia,Algeria)........ :popcorn:

Wombat

I think Oz will lose to Krauts and Serbs but will beat Ghana.  I'd be suprised if the make it out of the group but think England would win by 3 or 4 if we did make it to QF.

Spain to win it.  Brazil or England to play em in final.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred