• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Winter Olympics thread

happy

Part_Timer said:
didnt a georgian luge person die because the track was too fast??

unfortunately, this has happened
as a result the men competition was shortened. they started from the women's start so the speed wasn't so high...

Sym

Was watching the snowboarding today
I may have a new fav sport, it's rad, and majority of chicks are fkn hawwt
winwin

northernspirit

Sym said:
winwin
word!

ive liked the sport since playing SSX Tricky, awesome to watch

football is king tho :p

Sym

northernspirit said:
Sym said:
winwin
word!

ive liked the sport since playing SSX Tricky, awesome to watch

football is king tho :p

Yes !
I always get a bit devo when in real life they don't get huge air and bust out a break dance mid-air on their board...

dru

Second Gold for the games with Lydia Lassila taking out the Women's aerials.

Commendable effort by Jackie Cooper coming 5th in what is her 5th Olympic games with less than ideal lead up. Looked like some seriously ugly conditions.

FFC Mariner

Is this boring crap still going?

Swapping coverage of Norwegian postman who have learnt to fall off an icy hill with style for the EPL viewers choice.

Wonderful

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Is it just me or was ice hockey WAY more violent in 'The Mighty Ducks'?

Seriously though, I'm enjoying this sport, even if it is a bit dizzying!  Nice change from figure skating, which is all that seems to be on when I'm watching....

serious14

Canada just won the Ice Hockey Gold 3-2 against the Yanks in overtime.

*edit*  I'm being told that Channel 9 is trying to pass their telecast off (11am AEDT as I type this, 5.40 left in the 2nd period) as live??  :-\

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Is on here at work and they are deadset delaying the coverage.

Reason enough to ban FTA from sports

Completely unintentional spoiler on my part. 

Fucking Channel 9, what a joke.  :fireup:

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
serious14 said:
FFC Mariner said:

Fucking Channel 9, what a joke.   :fireup:

Agree, but it happens at all Olympics in some form or fashion. Happened here in 2000 when Aussies teams/athletes were competing  ... news and ads come first. And never forget the penalty shootout stymied by the Maccas ad all those years ago. Doh!

serious14

Jazzie said:
serious14 said:
FFC Mariner said:

Fucking Channel 9, what a joke.   :fireup:

Agree, but it happens at all Olympics in some form or fashion. Happened here in 2000 when Aussies teams/athletes were competing  ... news and ads come first. And never forget the penalty shootout stymied by the Maccas ad all those years ago. Doh!

BBC Red Button (much like viewers choice) had 5 screens going the entire games, literally showed everything.

Of course, we know how lame the Oz Government is when it comes to multichannelling and all that.  :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred