• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Winter Olympics thread

curious

I expect it will rate much higher in oz than the the EPL. Seeing it seldom rates in the top 50 fox weekly telecasts, it won't be a difficult task to be honest, FFC.

serious14

I AM BEAR GOD, YOU HAVE ANGERED ME!!!

22336_328657312455_549797455_4660044_1449086_n.jpg

midfielder

~Floss~ said:
FFC Mariner said:
To someone not born here, the boxing kangaroo is v strange - if you are that ashamed of the national flag why not change it?

boxing Kangaroo, fanatics, aussie aussie aussie = cringeworthy

I guess the BK flag is more of a Sporting symbol. If i were to take a flag to a sporting event i'd probably go for the BK since it matches our sporting colours and also because is not our official flag.
Some people consider it offensive for the national flag to be handled disrespectfully - eg. touching the ground, being draped over one's body, used to wipe up spilled beer or vomit, etc.. Flags other than the official national flag are more appropriate for these types of uses IMO.

A little ditty written on a toilet door at Sydney Uni in 1972 my first year at uni...

Anyway I have never forgotten  this and when we got pissed we chanted it loud to all around (remember God Save the Queen was still national anthem)

I love a Sun-burnt country
A land set in the Southern Seas
A vast enormous quarry
To serve the pleasure of the Japanese
We are vastly Independent
and it fills our hearts with pride
To guzzle Coke A Cola
and eat Kentucky Fried

happy

poko said:
The thing I don't get...is the 'theme' song is "Haven't Met You Yet". I understand the spokesperson is Michael Buble, he's canadian, whatever. But aren't Olympic songs supposed to be Celine Dion-esque Power Ballads about "You can do it, Don't give up etc etc"?

Its just a bit odd thats all...

Apart from that, I'm just waiting for us to win another Gold by default :)

isn't the Olympic song the one by Nelly Furtado and Bryan Adams? that's what they said on German tv during the opening ceremony

bulldogmariner

Begg Smith Silver medal.

History made with Canada winning their first ever home gold medal in either winter or summer Olympic Games.

dru

Considering it is only the final run that counts qualifying 4th meant very little.

Want to see the wining run that time looks super quick (and looking at the scores the only thing that seperates them. Canadian 1 2 really ;)

marinermick

dru said:
Considering it is only the final run that counts qualifying 4th meant very little.

Want to see the wining run that time looks super quick (and looking at the scores the only thing that seperates them. Canadian 1 2 really ;)

no athlete has ever won from fourth going into final round

all the momentum is with the final three athletes

bjw

bjw
happy said:
congrats
is it an expected medal?

he won gold last olympics and is ranked 1 in the world...

hes had a knee injury the past few months so i guess that hindered his preparation.

happy

zycie said:
happy said:
congrats
is it an expected medal?

he won gold last olympics and is ranked 1 in the world...

hes had a knee injury the past few months so i guess that hindered his preparation.

regarding the injury silver isn't that bad though

we won our first gold medal last night :)

happy

zycie said:
I'm hoping that the jamacian bobsled team bring home the gold.

the commentators said during the opening ceremony that no Jamaician bob is competing at this years Olympics...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred