• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread (2010-11 edition)

Kareem

Rising star= Bozanic. If he is too 'established', then amini. Amini has more potential than Lewis
dark horse= surely Perez (as opposed to Weemac)

Forum Phoenix

Re first coach out. Ange.

The Roar fans have been disgruntled and if he gets off to a bad first half they will soon turn ugly. I don't think they have replaced their players and also think they lack depth. He also doesn't have a creative bone n his body and is anything but inspirational. First game against GCU is a must win for him I think - or it will hurt the fans and the hating will begin in quick order.

Regardless, he was such a classless wanker on Football superstar that I truly hope its him.
Once i saw that, I truly understood why the senior players wanted out. Very simple, egotistical man who can only coach those who are willing to let him bully them.

Be fun to watch his foxsports bum chums try to keep him in a job, then eventually start picking at his carcass. The alternative of watching them talk him up whenever he wins if roar do "ok" will be unbearable.

Re finishing 10th. Pffftttt. Sick of it. But I'd be far more worried if Fox pundits were actually tipping us to win it.

Hutch the gamebreaker?? I think we have all the ingredients to put in a solid and enjoyable season of football and make the finals this year. But win it?? I'm confident in our backline and think it will largely depend on just how well Perez does (or Amini) as whoever is in our number 10 possy will definitely be our game breaker I think - not our DM Trimboli you twat. Its that and whether our strike force can actually consistently perform for once.

tsd

10th? asifff every season its spoon or second to last with these dudes... when will they learn

they dont rate us, we dont care, well kick them in their underwear!

bjw

bjw
Forum Phoenix said:

The Roar fans have been disgruntled and if he gets off to a bad first half they will soon turn ugly. I don't think they have replaced their players and also think they lack depth.

they got the superstar...

tyson

Kareem said:
Rising star= Bozanic. If he is too 'established', then amini. Amini has more potential than Lewis

Lol... dude, Bozanic is definitely too established for that title. He was going to be captain of the 20s in the World Cup until he got injured. It could have put him in James Holland's place in SAF, as James took his captaincy.

I'd say Kwassie for darkhorse, assuming he keeps up his goal scoring form.
Perez is our "biggest signing", so I don't think you could call him a darkhorse.

Deej

Kareem said:

I have to agree with you, IMO Bozanic will be a success for us this year.

Perez will play, he'll be given the opportunity to create what we've lacked since Tommy left and I think he'll do ok if he can handle the physical aspect of the HAL

tyson

I posted a new thread about this prediction, not realising it was being discussed here.

Trimmas doesn't care about the rest of the competition and is just itching to do his write ups about Sydney FC and Simon Colosimo.

How is Hutch a game breaker? Isn't a game breaker a player who can turn a game around within an instant, more often by setting up or scoring a goal? I have no doubt Hutch could have a good season with such a decent team around him and having to battle for a spot, but he is a DM and isn't known for changing a game.

finally retired

a reasonable analysis of the A-league on ESPN Soccernet at http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=810825&sec=australia&root=australia&cc=3436
"Soccernet prediction: 7th. If Arnold is going to thrive, it should be at Central Coast. The traditional overachievers actually have some decent quality on paper and could surprise. "

kevrenor

Champions - Heart
Premiers - Perth Glory
Mariners position on the ladder 6th
Mariners player of the season - Olly Bozanic
Mariners top scorer - Daniel McBreen
A-League top scorer - Paul Ifill
Wooden Spoon - Fury
Young player for the season - Terry Antonis
HAL Player of the season - Josip Skoko
Coach of the year - Ricky Herbert
NYL winner - Newcastle Jets
W-League winner - Canberra United

First coach sacking - Miron Bleiberg
Out of left field prediction - FFA actually supports fans (not just an award guys); seriously - Bluetongue will have a good surface all season; ok taking it really seriously - Brett Emerton signs for Rovers at end of EPL season.

1. Glory
2. Heart
3. Victory
4. Wellington
5. Gold Coast
6. Central Coast
7. Sydney
8. Adelaide
9. Brisbane
10. Newcastle
11. NQ Fury

marinermick

The Roar fans have been disgruntled and if he gets off to a bad first half they will soon turn ugly. I don't think they have replaced their players and also think they lack depth. He also doesn't have a creative bone n his body and is anything but inspirational. First game against GCU is a must win for him I think - or it will hurt the fans and the hating will begin in quick order.

Regardless, he was such a classless wanker on Football superstar that I truly hope its him.
Once i saw that, I truly understood why the senior players wanted out. Very simple, egotistical man who can only coach those who are willing to let him bully them.

Be fun to watch his foxsports bum chums try to keep him in a job, then eventually start picking at his carcass. The alternative of watching them talk him up whenever he wins if roar do "ok" will be unbearable.

:)

Forum Phoenix

AWWW COME ON!!!
That is so incredibly far from predicting the actual truth that it is probably my greatest ever work on this forum!! I also picked Roar to spoon! LMAO

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

Anyhow, it's not the first, or likely last time I've had to completely eat my words :ashamed:.
I hated Ange on football superstar, thought he was just another pompous member of the boys club on fox, and listened to a few Roar fans that were hating him last season... And thus clouded by the dark side and assumptions, got it UTTERLY wrong. (The only time I actually liked him was when Foster was trying to fry him)

And now? The guys probably going to be our next national coach, has done an incredible job and has lifted the level of our entire league. And, his last guest appearance on Fox was absolute quality to boot I thought.

Sooooo.... ummmmm.... there you go...

Thanks for digging that up by the way Mick.
Cheers ;)

And now to make matters worse, everyone is probably going to assume Hearfield is going to be our all time greatest player. Mind you, I'd much rather be eating my words again. But I do get some things right occasionally as well.

:innocent:

I was a strong Arnie advocate... and in this self same thread... I quote...

Champions - Mariners
Mariners position on the ladder - 3rd
Young player for the season - Amini

Out of the Left Field prediction:

* Best defense in league. BOOOYAHHH!
* Creativity of Bozanic, Perez, Amini and Weemac wins us the toilet seat. BOOOYAHHx2)
* GA wins coaches award. (But bloody Ange will just peg him now no matter what)
* Mariners supporters die happy.(Looking forward to it)

Now for my wilder punts... ;)

* Mariners heralded by Fozzie for their attractive brand of total football.

COME ON!!!!!! Not quite on that last one - but incredibly not that far off!

Pity I was being sarcastic though :ashamed:

Atomic

FP... did you watch TWG on Monday night? Fozzie was quite impressed by the Mariners performance against Adelaide. He did criticize United's defence in the same breath, but you can't really disagree with him on that point. He praised the level of our football over the 2nd half of the season.

I think you can give your Fozzie prediction a tick (although"heralded" may be too strong a word ;))

Forum Phoenix

FP... did you watch TWG on Monday night? Fozzie was quite impressed by the Mariners performance against Adelaide. He did criticize United's defence in the same breath, but you can't really disagree with him on that point. He praised the level of our football over the 2nd half of the season.

I think you can give your Fozzie prediction a tick (although"heralded" may be too strong a word ;))

Yeah I did. Would love to see Fozzie turn up with a yellow vuvuzele one day - but I won't hold my breath. :piano:

But still never quite waxes lyrical does he - One south American will only get you so far I guess ;)

Somehow it always seems like there is a more pressing thing to talk about next - which just so happens never to be Mariners related. I've watched him literally cut Franny off just as he was getting excited about us to move the show onto the next segment. Which is Les's job. Usually I'd say I'm pRobably just paranoid.. but hey, it's Craig Foster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred