• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread (2010-11 edition)

northernspirit

Champions - Wellington Phoenix
Premiers - Perth Glory
Mariners position on the ladder 6th
Mariners player of the season - Patricio Perez
Mariners top scorer - McBreen
A-League top scorer - Robbie Fowler
Wooden Spoon - Brisbane Roar
Young player for the season - Mustafa Amini
HAL Player of the season Paul Ifil
Coach of the year - Ricky Herbert

1. Perth Glory
2. Wellington Phoenix
3. Melbourne Heart
4. Gold Coast United
5. Sydney FC
6. Central Coast Mariners
7. Melbourne Victory
8. Adelaide United
9. Newcastle Jets
10. North Queensland Fury
11. Brisbane Roar

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
marinermick said:
kevrenor said:
I'll add mine before R1 but just to let you know there is a series of predictions being made by respected commentator Paul Trimboli on Fox Sports. His CCM as an example:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27444283-5000940,00.html

so poorly researched and obviously made up on the fly

I read this story this morning, and after reading it again just now, they have taken out a paragraph which referred to CCM not being in the finals last year for the first time. Trimboli commented that with luck CCM may squeak in this year to a finals berth...... with him saying CCM will end up at 10? My God, someone is actually doing some proof reading TerrorSport!

marinermick

Jazzie said:
marinermick said:
kevrenor said:
I'll add mine before R1 but just to let you know there is a series of predictions being made by respected commentator Paul Trimboli on Fox Sports. His CCM as an example:

I read this story this morning, and after reading it again just now, they have taken out a paragraph which referred to CCM not being in the finals last year for the first time. Trimboli commented that with luck CCM may squeak in this year to a finals berth...... with him saying CCM will end up at 10? My God, someone is actually doing some proof reading TerrorSport!

and picking matthew lewis as the rising star (no disrespect to the kid)

he has had only one gun game last season and floundered in the nyl for the rest of the time

ironically that one game was in melbourne against melbourne - probably the only time trimboli watched him play

no mention of amini and gallacher who are with the under 19 national team

Jazzie

marinermick said:
Jazzie said:
marinermick said:
kevrenor said:

and picking matthew lewis as the rising star (no disrespect to the kid)

he has had only one gun game last season and floundered in the nyl for the rest of the time

ironically that one game was in melbourne against melbourne - probably the only time trimboli watched him play

no mention of amini and gallacher who are with the under 19 national team

I have to admit that I haven't seen all of the new players perform, so I won't comment on that, however all his comments seem to be hugely speculative and a lot of BS. Keeping up the FoxSports tradition!  :)

scottmac

Suspended
Keeps the tradition of proving the doubters wrong going.

I mean what would an A-League season be like if we were not the tipsters and predictors thorn.

kevrenor

Jazzie said:
marinermick said:
no mention of amini and gallagher who are with the under 19 national team

I have to admit that I haven't seen all of the new players perform, so I won't comment on that, however all his comments seem to be hugely speculative and a lot of BS. Keeping up the FoxSports tradition!  :)

Which is why it was posted in the highly speculative thread ... but I doubt Trimmers wrote it up.

Jazzie

kevrenor said:
Jazzie said:
marinermick said:
no mention of amini and gallagher who are with the under 19 national team

Which is why it was posted in the highly speculative thread ... but I doubt Trimmers wrote it up.

True.... forgive, I'm having a really bad day  :headbutt:

RADINHO

1. Sydney FC
2. Wellington Phoenix
3. Melbourne Victory
4. Gold Coast
5. Melbourne Heart
6. Central Coast Mariners
7. Perth Glory
8. Adelaide United
9. Brisbane Roar
10. Newcastle Jets
11. North Queensland Fury

tyson

Not sure if we should even bother discussing this but I'd like to see if anyone else agrees with me. I like to make fun of his obsession with Sydney FC and Simon Colosimo... I bet he is just itching to do their reviews and completely rushing the rest.

Lewis as rising star over Amini? Hutch as the heartbeat of the team?

fedelta

1. Gold Coast
2. Perth
3. Central Coast
4. Adelaide United
5. Melb Heart
6. Sydney
7. Wellington
8. Brisbane
9. Melb Victory
10. Newcastle Jets
11. North Queensland Fury