• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wikipedia

dibo

Deej said:
LOL Keensy stirs the pot well, he simply stating his opinion and is looking at the facts.

IMO the bay won't improve unless people who left the bay return and try to make a difference

QFT!

Paolo

Deej said:
LOL Keensy stirs the pot well
Thank you sir
bob-hope-hat-tipping.jpg

Bex

keensy said:
forzamariners said:
Keensy didnt post the article
+1, i'll think u will find i only started commentating in this thread to ask which part of the article people didnt like....and i found that out

Yes, it was really vague wasn't it :p

I would have thought any adult with an IQ over about 80 could work that out for themselves.

I don't mind biting; if I didn't then I would actually have to do some work. ;D

Bex

EastEnder said:
I posted the article and I gave my reasons earlier. It wasn't to antagonise, it was to bring this to the attention of the marinators (which is why it was on the marinators message board). The reasons I didn't amend it is, I don't know (also don't want to know) how you amend Wiki articles, I have no involvement in the Marinators etc.

Yes, I don't know how to amend a Wiki article either. Its obviously a good thing that you brought it to our attention. As you inferred in your first post, the logical reaction would be for a Mariners supporter to arrange to have the article fixed. Unfortunately, we've got twits in here that prefer to stir the pot and derail the thread rather than actually doing something good for the Marinators or the Mariners. Apparently, its okay to do that as long as its the person's opinion.

dibo

Bex said:
EastEnder said:
I posted the article and I gave my reasons earlier. It wasn't to antagonise, it was to bring this to the attention of the marinators (which is why it was on the marinators message board). The reasons I didn't amend it is, I don't know (also don't want to know) how you amend Wiki articles, I have no involvement in the Marinators etc.

Yes, I don't know how to amend a Wiki article either. Its obviously a good thing that you brought it to our attention. As you inferred in your first post, the logical reaction would be for a Mariners supporters to arrange to have the article fixed. Unfortunately, we've got twits in here that prefer to stir the pot and derail the thread rather than actually doing something good for the Marinators or the Mariners. Apparently, its okay to do that as long as its the person's opinion.

Keensy might be stirring the pot, but I dont see anywhere that hes flat out wrong. Could it be that the problem is less with the article and more with us? Maybe as well as improving what the article says we should improve what we do. Keensy could start the move by backing up the keyboard ultras bit and the song ideas and actually pitching with the rest of us in Bay 16. ;)

Bex

Oh dear, looks like I'll have to explain it to you. He's flat out wrong in that the article is generally negative about the Marinators and, by association, the Mariners. That is not a good thing for the Marinators/Mariners.

Here is clause 4 of the Marinators constitution:

4. OBJECTS  The objects of the Marinators are to promote and support the game of football (in particular, the Central Coast Mariners FC) and the organisation and playing of football and the provision of facilities therefore.

So, if you're a Marinator, you should be committed to promoting and supporting the Marinators and the Mariners. Stirring the pot is fine in the spirit of fun, but if it compromises an effort to promote and/or support the Marinators/Mariners, then its clearly a bad thing for anyone who calls themself a Marinator.

I don't care how true the Wiki article is; its just not necessary to have it on there and, indeed, its against the policy of Wikipedia itself. Its bad publicity. Is that really that hard to understand?

Bex

And if we wish to be self critical, the place to do that is on this forum and at our meetings; not on Wikipedia.

Sean

This has pissed me off a little as most on here agree with all of this and that noone has updated the Squadrons wikipedia or the Coves wikipedia with facts that no fan of either group would like to see there yet can see the truth.

dibo

where is it clear that he wrote it himself?

also, what if he's not a member of the marinators' club (and i'm rpetty sure he's not)? it's not compulsory (and shouldn't be). what if he doesn't even call himself a marinator (and i'm pretty sure he doesn't do that either)? he's got a right to an opinion, like the rest of us.

i don't think the wiki article is 'flat out negative' - there are significant grains of truth as has already been explained. whether or not it's in breach of wiki policy (and it is) i reckon it tells a few home truths that we'd be better off addressing than having a whinge about the fact people are critical of us. FFS - are we adults here or what?

EDIT - has anyone actually 'fixed' the article yet?

Paolo

Lol Bex....I did not write the article, i thought we already establishd this?

Also dibo is correct, i am not a marinators club member and i am one of a large percentage who do not consider themslves a marinator

Bex

keensy said:

Also dibo is correct, i am not a marinators club member and i am one of a large percentage who do not consider themslves a marinator

My most recent post does not say you wrote the article, just that you're derailing the thread into a debate about what is wrong with the article rather than working out how we can get rid of it.

If you're not a Marinator, then f**k off.

Mods, can we get Keensy banned since he isn't a Marinator? He _is_ disobeying the forum rules in that he is purposely harrassing other users and is consistantly off topic (the topic was specifically about amending wikipedia). BTW, I'm kidding.

Paolo

Bex said:
keensy said:

My most recent post does not say you wrote the article, just that you're derailing the thread into a debate about what is wrong with the article rather than working out how we can get rid of it.

If you're not a Marinator, then f**k off.

Mods, can we get Keensy banned since he isn't a Marinator? He _is_ disobeying the forum rules in that he is purposely harrassing other users and is consistantly off topic (the topic was specifically about amending wikipedia). BTW, I'm kidding.
LOL, thats a good way of encouraging support....if you're not a marinator, then f**k off.

"just that you're derailing the thread into a debate about what is wrong with the article rather than working out how we can get rid of it." -

Why shouldnt i bring up points in the article for discussion? Just because some would like to pretend everything is wonderful and bury their heads in the sand, is no reason for me not to ask questions.

Also, im pretty sure someone had the working out how to get rid of it bit covered.....edit button.

Bex

Cool, lets just keep going over the same old ground now; thats loads of fun.

I haven't pretended everything is wonderful or buried my head in the sand because there is no need to comment on the Marinators' performance in this topic. This is actually a simple topic; do something about the farken Wikipedia article. If you wish make a thread about how poor the marinators are, then why don't you just start a new thread instead of indirectly inferring it by using the content of someone else's Wikipedia article and asking everyone else to prove it wrong? Just say what you're thinking FFS instead of dancing around the issue being a smartarse.

Paolo

The wiki article relates directly to the active support....dont be so pedantic about what is on and off topic, mods will decide if its on or off topic(eg dibo, who hasnt had a problem)

Problem is easily fixed(edit article) and has been fixed.

I dont see a problem in discussing what was said in the article.

MattSimon

Yes article fixed after I requested unprotection from "Daniel".

There were probably a few points that could have been kept if they had references, such as the number of Marinators at home games being outnumbered by away fans. I think "Daniel" just reverted the article back to an older version.

dibo

T said:
Bex, just ignore him like everyone else does.

the problem is that just like a stopped clock is right twice a day, here keensy actually has a point.

kevrenor

keensy said:
The wiki article relates directly to the active support .... I dont see a problem ...

I do, but not for reasons so far given on this thread.

I object to this constant "my penis/breasts are bigger than yours" crap. Who really in the big scheme of things seriously cares if the Bay is outnumbered by similar supporters at other clubs doing similar things.

Other than the obvious differences in size of some clubs, it is the overall support that matters. Sure we'd like the bigger appendage but sometimes we have to just cop it.

I'd sooner the overall support levels at Bluetongue that the morgue at SFS outside of the Cove and that other group.

Going back to Seb Hassett's article, the issue is lifting our team .. perhaps we will have to find other ways of doing that, while still doing the Bay thing best we can ... rather than focus on intimidating the opposition (which is much harder to do)

PS. Who takes Wiki as truth anyway ... it is just one source of information

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred