• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wikipedia

EastEnder

I'm sure there is little that can be done to stop this sort of thing on Wikipedia but thought i'd mention a bit of mischief from some idiot if someone wants to amend it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Coast_Mariners_FC

Supporters

The Marinators at an away game against rivals Newcastle Jets.The main supporter base of the Central Coast Mariners is called the Marinators.[45] The Marinators are an obvious presence at home games played at Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford and are known for their poor visual and aural displays primarily from Bay 16, which is directly behind the goal posts at the northern end of the stadium.[46][47] Standard chants include the Yellow Submarine-inspired "We all follow a yellow football team", a reference to the colour of the team's kit. This is generally the only chant that is heard by other members of the crowd during the game.[48]

The Marinators have been quoted as being one of the worst supporter groups in the league. Their chants and visual displays are often likened to that of a school swimming carnival. Reports have been confirmed by officials that numbers are gradually getting smaller, with fans deciding to sit in other bays and create their own atmosphere. The Marinators are synonymous for their 'I can't be arsed attitude towards creativity and the like. They apparently became particularly visible through selling Marinators shirts during the lead up to the inaugural A-League season. They now have their own scarves and a large promotional pull-over jersey, to please the sponsors. The Marinators have been outdone in both visual, and aural displays at home by away supporter groups on many occasions. This generally occurs when Sydney or Newcastle fans are present at the venue in the away bays. The group's visual displays are very amateurish, with show pieces including streamers, balloons, and sloppy banners containing lame phrases.

Sean

To the tune of "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival.

IT AINT ME!
IT AINT MEEE!
I AINT NO NEWCASTLE SCUMM NO!!

Bex

All of it. Whoever wrote it can go f**k themselves. Nobody rates us, we don't care.

Paolo

Bex said:
All of it. Whoever wrote it can go f**k themselves. Nobody rates us, we don't care.
"The main supporter base of the Central Coast Mariners is called the Marinators" - Not true?

"The Marinators are an obvious presence at home games played at Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium" - Not true?

"primarily from Bay 16" - Not true?

"Standard chants include the Yellow Submarine-inspired "We all follow a yellow football team", a reference to the colour of the team's kit." - Not true?

"Their chants and visual displays are often LIKENED to that of a school swimming carnival." - Not true?

"Reports have been confirmed by officials that numbers are gradually getting smaller" - not true?

"became particularly visible through selling Marinators shirts during the lead up to the inaugural A-League season. They now have their own scarves and a large promotional pull-over jersey" -Not true?

"The Marinators have been outdone in both visual, and aural displays at home by away supporter groups" - Not true?

Surely ALL of it isnt crap?

p.s surely if people didnt care there wouldnt be a thread on it??

Guns of Melbourne

As opposed to Newcastle fans that steal all their chants from Melbourne?

Keensy, those sort of things are not for wikipedia as they are not neutral facts. It kind of defeats the purpose of an "encyclopedia".

CCMonkey

Bex said:

Bex, sounds like you should change your saying to people rate us, we do care.
clearly you do care when people rate us (as supporters)

dibo

Guns of Melbourne said:

Keensy, those sort of things are not for wikipedia as they are not neutral facts. It kind of defeats the purpose of an "encyclopedia".

it's a bunch of unreferenced assertions and breaches several wiki rules, mostly that its not from a neutral point of view and it does not cite authoritative references. sentences with the likes of have been quoted as, often likened to, confirmed by officials etc. are rubbish and should go. if anyone feels like going through and cleaning it out and replacing the crap with verifiable facts, then that would be in the wikipedian spirit. i cant be arsed though, to tell you the truth.

Paolo

Guns of Melbourne said:
Let's all copy the victory OLE OLE, Let's all copy the victory OLE OLE

Paolo

Mariner Girl said:
Keensy, just one question for you.

JUST WHOSE FARKEN SIDE ARE YOU ON?  :redcard:
i sit on the fence.....tip to one side or the other depending on the topic

MattSimon

Irrespective of whether those negative comments are true or fictional, the editor has not provided sources, has used "weasel words" (eg. "the marinators have been quoted as being one of the worst supporter groups..."), and the paragraph violated neutral point of view (NPOV). All of which means it's inappropriate for Wikipedia.

I'm going to get it unprotected and fix the above problems. Doesn't necessarily mean that all the negative points will be removed, just those that violate Wikipedia policy.

dibo

Mariner Girl said:
dibo said:
Mariner Girl said:
Keensy, just one question for you.

JUST WHOSE FARKEN SIDE ARE YOU ON?  :redcard:

what's he done wrong?
he's putting sh*t on us

I dont think he is. If we cant look at what we do critically, well never improve. I for one wish we were better than we are, and Id feel the same way if we filled the entire end with standing singing loons. We should always be critical of ourselves.

I dont think Keensy is wrong either pick where hes not right here:

keensy said:
"The main supporter base of the Central Coast Mariners is called the Marinators" - Not true?

"The Marinators are an obvious presence at home games played at Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium" - Not true?

"primarily from Bay 16" - Not true?

"Standard chants include the Yellow Submarine-inspired "We all follow a yellow football team", a reference to the colour of the team's kit." - Not true?

"Their chants and visual displays are often LIKENED to that of a school swimming carnival." - Not true?

"Reports have been confirmed by officials that numbers are gradually getting smaller" - not true?

"became particularly visible through selling Marinators shirts during the lead up to the inaugural A-League season. They now have their own scarves and a large promotional pull-over jersey" -Not true?

"The Marinators have been outdone in both visual, and aural displays at home by away supporter groups" - Not true?

Surely ALL of it isnt crap?

p.s surely if people didnt care there wouldnt be a thread on it??

If we dont like people saying it, we should do better than we are now. If we dont like people being critical of us and we want everyone to love us, then were either going to be deluded or were not going to be very happy.

MattSimon

I forgot to mention I'm also making a whole new section dedicated to Matty Simon. Just giving the public what it wants.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred