• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Why! oh why! is Wilkinson Captain?

bugman

Ok!, without all the drama that could be associated with this topic, can somebody please tell me why Wilkinson is my teams captain.
A player of limited vision, talent and aggression do we need another season of him telling the fans through his column how good he thinks he and the rest of the boys are!.
We are one of the most sucessful clubs in the A league, but are still looked on as the poor mans relation.
Where's the Heart, where's the passion, He don't do it for me......
O' Grady for President.

dibo

why oh why are all the lurkers coming out from under their rocks at the end of the season to make their big splash, with 20-20 hindsight and all the best that comes with anonymous expertise?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
dibo said:
why oh why are all the lurkers coming out from under their rocks at the end of the season to make their big splash, with 20-20 hindsight and all the best that comes with anonymous expertise?

we gotta start cementing them rocks down earlier

Bear

Topic: Why! oh why! is Wilkinson Captain?

Answer: Because Lawrie McKinna, our coach, made him captian

Hope this helps to answer your question

Bex

bugman said:
Ok!, without all the drama that could be associated with this topic, can somebody please tell me why Wilkinson is my teams captain.
A player of limited vision, talent and aggression do we need another season of him telling the fans through his column how good he thinks he and the rest of the boys are!.
We are one of the most sucessful clubs in the A league, but are still looked on as the poor mans relation.
Where's the Heart, where's the passion, He don't do it for me......
O' Grady for President.

Considering he is the tallest player in the A-League, I found it rather strange that he won very few headers against Roar. Not my pick for president.

Blair

O'grady mate he is hopless. 9 months ago i would have agreed but he has really picked is game up.

FFC Mariner

Sean Francis Lacy said:
blastbum said:
If we were starting over, I'd pick DMAC as captain in a heartbeat.

+1

Why? He cant score as he never takes up goal scoring positions, ok he works hard but its mainly in areas of the pitch that dont hurt the opposition.

We need to bring in a mongrel hard man at CB and make him Captain.

Look at the top3 and you have Ogmonster Moore and Musc**t as on pitch leaders. We have a very nice young man.

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Sean Francis Lacy said:
blastbum said:
If we were starting over, I'd pick DMAC as captain in a heartbeat.

+1

Why? He cant score as he never takes up goal scoring positions, ok he works hard but its mainly in areas of the pitch that dont hurt the opposition.

We need to bring in a mongrel hard man at CB and make him Captain.

Look at the top3 and you have Ogmonster Moore and Musc**t as on pitch leaders. We have a very nice young man.

luke (bulldogmariner) and I were discussing this at length

we need to go through the lower leagues in england or scotland and find one of these hard nuts that has a few years left in his career but still quality

they might be at the stage where migration with family is a desirable option and may even relish the prospect of an assistant coaching role if the right candidate comes along

dollars may not be an issue with the reasons listed above and we can get some mongrel and leadership in the backline

in time this prick can teach the younger defenders coming through

kevrenor

marinermick said:
........  we need to go through the lower leagues in england or scotland and find one of these hard nuts that has a few years left in his career but still quality

they might be at the stage where migration with family is a desirable option and may even relish the prospect of an assistant coaching role if the right candidate comes along

dollars may not be an issue with the reasons listed above and we can get some mongrel and leadership in the backline

in time this prick can teach the younger defenders coming through

Works for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred