• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who will be 2011 Player of the year?

Fishsdad

Player of the year? I'll have $20 on McGlinchey (and a bit on Bozanic just in case). All in all, a really good midfield...

Forum Phoenix

That`s the point I`m making.
I`d love to see him as the player of the year but I think he needs to take that step up to assert himself.

Bernie & Baird have already made an impression with the Celtic game(even though I think Bernie was poor in the second half).Whereas Matty was injured.

He has struggled to find a strike partner upfront & has at times played in the midfield.I don`t think he`ll have that luxury this year as GA has most positions covered with 2-3 options.

I must admit I wasn`t a big fan of his at first,but I`ve come to admire the tenacity & hard work that he puts in & also the inspiration he brings to the team as a whole.

Sorry style, think I may have misinterpreted what you meant by "Make or break" this year.
I thought you meant "make" as in step up or he'll "break" - meaning relegated to the Yoof/not offered another contract.

Roy Law

In the always memorable 4-0 walloping of Sydney Matty Simon led the line superbly, playing as well as any striker has ever played for the Mariners. It wasn't his only decent game either, and let's not forget he was cruelled with a nasty injury just prior to the final; for my money he gets what the Coast is about and I have him pencilled in for at least 10 goals next year.

tsd

i would love for Matt Simon to spend the off season working on taking penalties and long range shots... if these were part of his game he would be a lot harder to mark and would open up his hole game. cant be good for a strikers confidence to not be able to take spot kicks!

marinermick

Key an eye on MacDonald. Not talked about on this forum and only young. He carved us the couple of times he played against us last season.

pjennings

Big punt.

Pellegrino, I just think that with decent coaching and better players around him he could go very well this season.

I was really impressed with his work rate against Celtic - the bald head also made him look Gumps like. My pick for cult hero.

Atomic

Big punt.

Pellegrino, I just think that with decent coaching and better players around him he could go very well this season.

I dont think it's a big punt at all. He was a victim of that clusterf**k football factory in the west. I agree that Arnie is the guy that can really take Pelle to a new level. So far, all the signs are positive.

shipwreck

Pelle is a charismatic guy too, made an instantly good impression one me when I saw him holding the charity collections sign up while wearing bright purple sneakers.

He will be a fan favourite this year, trust me

shipwreck

Problem is, we don't have a scapegoat anymore

ULTIMATE SCAPEGOAT - Mrdja (Gonnnnne)
BACKUP SCAPEGOAT - Hutch (Gonnnnne)
ON-OFF SCAPEGOAT - Kwasnik (improved significantly IMO under Arnie)

I guess one of the new guys will fall into it, Baird is probably my first pick

cbowden9000

Problem is, we don't have a scapegoat anymore

ULTIMATE SCAPEGOAT - Mrdja (Gonnnnne)
BACKUP SCAPEGOAT - Hutch (Gonnnnne)
ON-OFF SCAPEGOAT - Kwasnik (improved significantly IMO under Arnie)

I guess one of the new guys will fall into it, Baird is probably my first pick

We still have McBreen...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred