• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who will be 2011 Player of the year?

Wombat

Who do you think will be the player of the year in the upcoming season?

I'm tipping Olly to really start to dominate and become the fulcrum of our midfield and to be the stand out.

I also think the Mariners should sign him to a new water tight 5 year contract.

I also feel Bernie could become our top scorer just pipped Matty for the golden boot.

scottmac

Suspended
I reckon your spot on Wombat.

Olly just ahead of Rose (who will be copping a lot more attention from defenders this year) and third will be Swan District.

Surprise packet of the year Bernie. His speed is somthing we have never had up front and will add a completly new element to our attack which will surprise many teams.

Super sub to be Pelligrino/Kwasnik. I was very sceptical when he signed but from all accounts he is going to be given a licence to attack (which leads me to belive his performances will be off the bench) when Amini tires or we are chasing a game. Difference between his Perth showings and his job for us will be his mentality. If he can handle being an attacking sub he should flourish and could be the few goals difference which keeps us as champion contenders.
Imagine a last 10 min flurry with Simon, Bernie/Baird, Kwasnik, Pelligrino, McGlinchy, Olly & Musty. We should be a very attacking team.

Hopes. Bernie and Baird to fire taking pressure off Matty who has his best year.

cbowden9000

Not a player of the year candidate, but I'm tipping Baird to prove a few people wrong this season. Perth were shithouse last season and I think once he gels with our awesome team we can use his speed to good effect.

adz

Staff member
Looks like we have a strong attacking lineup so looking forward to seeing that! Too many to choose from for player of the year. Just shows we don't rely on one "superstar" to hold up the team. ;D

Atomic

I have a feeling that Pelligrino may be ahead of Musti by season's end... if not already. Perth has become a bit of a grave yard for some players and Pelligrino was one of them. Now that he has a decent coach, I expect him to shine. He also has a lot more experience than Musti, which could be important.

As for player of the year??? I hope it's Bernie. He offers something differnt for us up front. Not only different, but exciting. If he gets a few early season goals, he'll start bringing the crowds through the turnstyles, there's no doubt about that.

elevated position

This should be an exciting season for the mariners and I think by years end a few of the younger ones will be on new extended contracts.As much as I appreciate Bernie,s ability he will need to bulk up a bit as he got handled fairly easy when contesting against Celtic, that trait will not go unnoticed.
I don,t know about player of the year but I would like to have 20 on Sam Gallagher for our Rookie of the year.

nero

Wilko will have a blinder this season. With Zaas next to him again for a 2nd season he will kick on and take the top gong award.

sally

Not a player of the year candidate, but I'm tipping Baird to prove a few people wrong this season. Perth were shithouse last season and I think once he gels with our awesome team we can use his speed to good effect.

I think you're right. We went to the celtic game and were very pleasantly surprised by his speed and determination. We also really liked Pellegrino. He had that fire that will be nearly as good as our beloved Gumps in sparking a game up. :)

MagpieMariner

I reckon we will be very pleased with Pelle, he has a monster shot from distance. I saw him put in a couple of good performances with Perth, especially the season before last, and the couple of trials I've seen this year haven't disappointed. The goal he scored against Spirit at Christie Park seemed to cause a great deal of pain for the defender who deflected it!
I'm hopeful Baird will also make us happy, I haven't minded the couple of performances I've seen this year. He showed a lot of pace against Celtic and even when he was dispossessed, he still chased, which is more than can be said for McUseless.

Atomic

I share your optimism spike, especially with Pelle. I think he'll thrive under Arnie, and getting away from that coaching clusterf**k at Glory was the best decision he could make

Forum Phoenix

I thought Pellegrino was very good against Celtic, better than I thought he was capable of I have to admit. Must ahve been tough paying with Glory last season. Made me believe that with our midfield and full backs he will be a real handful and a strong contender to start as our #10 and will be a great battle between him and Musty for places. Pellegrino gets through a lot of work and was full of energy which I love and is in its own way of equal value to Perez's creative genius. But Musty is cut in the mould of that creative genius which is great. Exciting :eek:verhead:

Player of the season? I think we have quality across the park, and I'm excited by our strike force for the first time in a while.
I feel Bernie and Baird give us the potential for real variation of strike partnerships that many of us have screamed out for these past few seasons. But... player of the season... Well Rosey is just awesome. But the one person I can see doing better is Dutchy again. He is a class, class player. And my definite pick to go back to back this year.

tsd

i might be on my own here but i think pelle will be better for our team than perez due to the hard work and more understandable play... i thought perez sometimes confused team mates with his play and decisions... like his football was a different language. i think we may see more from olly and weemac with pelle paying

also... my call is mariners left to be HALroos (Olly and Rose)

style_cafe

I think it`ll be make or break year for Matty Simon this year.

With Bernie & Baird giving us speed upfront & Kwas being the unpredictable impact player that he is,positions up front will be highly sought after.
Add to that out congested lineup for midfield positions & that doesn`t leave Matty with much scope for movement like he has had in the past

Matty really needs to step up if he is to maintain a starting position or be confined to yoof.

He has the ability & personality to be our player of the year & I sincerely hope he has an injury free season & rises to the challenge.

Forum Phoenix

Mmmm, I don't think so myself Style, I wouldn't say I was Matty's biggest critic, but I had my doubts about his ability to develop as a player, and last year I felt his first touch and ability on the ball was significantly improved - if he can make another step in this direction I think he will have a great season.

Regardless, I think Matty will very likely remain our number one striker with the others fighting for the second striker position.

But I'm looking forward to having exciting depth upfront.

style_cafe

Mmmm, I don't think so myself Style, I wouldn't say I was Matty's biggest critic, but I had my doubts about his ability to develop as a player, and last year I felt his first touch and ability on the ball was significantly improved - if he can make another step in this direction I think he will have a great season.

Regardless, I think Matty will very likely remain our number one striker with the others fighting for the second striker position.

But I'm looking forward to having exciting depth upfront.

That`s the point I`m making.
I`d love to see him as the player of the year but I think he needs to take that step up to assert himself.

Bernie & Baird have already made an impression with the Celtic game(even though I think Bernie was poor in the second half).Whereas Matty was injured.

He has struggled to find a strike partner upfront & has at times played in the midfield.I don`t think he`ll have that luxury this year as GA has most positions covered with 2-3 options.

I must admit I wasn`t a big fan of his at first,but I`ve come to admire the tenacity & hard work that he puts in & also the inspiration he brings to the team as a whole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred