• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who Was The Best Ever?

In your opinion who/is was the best mariners player ever?

• Michael Beauchamp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Damien Brown

• Leo Carle

• John Crawley

• Adam Kwasnik

• Noel Spencer

• Jamie McMaster

• Damian Mori

• Tom Pondeljak

• Vuko Tomasevic

• Matthew Trott

• Tony Vidmar

• Russell Woodruffe

• Wayne O'Sullivan

• Ian Ferguson

• Stewart Petrie

• John Aloi$i

• Alvin Ceccoli

• Matthew Nash

• Andr Gumprecht

• Predrag Bojić

• Brad Porter

• David D'Apuzzo

• John Hutchinson

• Dean Heffernan

• Nik Mrdja

• Adrian Caceres

• Dylan Macallister

• Greg Owens

• Paul O'Grady

• Andrew Clark

• Nigel Boogaard

• Matthew Osman

• Alex Wilkinson

• Matt Simon

• Danny Vukovic

• Ahmad Elrich

• Sasho Petrovski

• Mile Jedinak

• Andrea Merenda

• Chris Tadrosse

• Andrew Redmayne

• Oliver Bozanic

• Mark Bosnich

• Ian McAndrew

• Total voters

Jocwa08

Just wondering what everyone's opinion was.
I chose Danny. After coming in for JC he's only gotten
better and out of everyone he stood out for me,
i think ive gotten everyone thats ever been at the club?

Sym

I voted Mile.

He is the gears of the team.
And has SO much potential.

Aloisi second, cause ya know..7 goals in 15 or whatever is farken rad.

Jocwa08

Sym said:
I voted Mile.

He is the gears of the team.
And has SO much potential.

Aloi$i second, cause ya know..7 goals in 15 or whatever is farken rad.

yeah mile and danny were close
this year i reckon mile has been best by far

Sym

Skimmed through the list and thought Leo Carle wasn't there, I honestly nearly cried.

midfielder

For me Michael Beauchamp first by a fair way TBH his defense was pure class was the reason we made the first grand final ....... then for class Tommy P, Danny & Jedi ........ best club man i.e. that person who gave it all my top three Clarky, Grumpy , Hutch

I will bite who is Russell Woodruffe....

loyalist

midfielder said:
For me Michael Beauchamp first by a fair way TBH his defense was pure class was the reason we made the first grand final ....... then for class Tommy P, Danny & Jedi ........ best club man i.e. that person who gave it all my top three Clarky, Grumpy , Hutch

Club legend

clarence

serious14 said:
Yeah, um......... I wonder??

Tommy P.  No contest.

I thought you voted for Hutch? ;D

I voted for Danny. Thrown in at the deep end in season 1, and has kept the goals very well over the following seasons too. Sure, he has the occassional brain snap, but that is just showing his youth. His natural ability has saved the Mariners from embarrassing results over the whole of the Mariners 4 year campaign in the A-League.

clarence

forzamariners said:
midfielder said:
Club legend

http://members.ccmariners.com.au/aleague/CCM/contact/show.asp?contactid=10279

^^^^^^There's a previous Mariners profile on Woodruffe. If he's still lurking around in State Leagues he may end up in another A-League club as the comp. expands, perhaps? Can't see him back @ Bluetongue though.

There was a news article dated 21/11/2008 from Redlands, Qld. It says that Woodruffe has signed for Redlands City Devils for next season. Sorry, can't link the article.

(BTW, Woodruffe's inability to crack into the starting XI at season 1, when Mrdja got injured, [like Danny did when JC got inured] was probably the end of him at the club. Maybe Petrie had the inside running, so to speak, and Kwassy too, because they clearly got more than enough opportunities to prove themselves while Woodruffe got no chance at all. Must have been the way he was approaching training or just rubbed Fergie or Lawrie the wrong way?)

McGrime

Mile is still improving, if he stays injury free he will be a permanent fixture in the Australian midfield.
His "dead ball" potential could see him pushing into the Aussie top 11 very soon. As far as his influence in the Mariners we are a different side with him on the paddock.

clarence

McGrime said:
Mile is still improving, if he stays injury free he will be a permanent fixture in the Australian midfield.
His "dead ball" potential could see him pushing into the Aussie top 11 very soon. As far as his influence in the Mariners we are a different side with him on the paddock.
Agree with that assessment, but his passing of late has been a bit substandard for him, and he can sometimes choose the wrong option and take a crack at goal when there's a forward line waiting for the ball. If he goes well for this current contract length (this season and next?), I'd be suggesting he's marquee material for us if we want to keep him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred