• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be the strikers?

Who should be our strike pairing?

• Simon & Bernie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon & Baird

• Simon & Kwassie

• Simon & McBreen

• McBreen & Baird

• Kwassie & Bernie

• Other combo

• Total voters

pjennings

I went for another combo - at least for the moment. While Musti is not there I'd play three of the strikers. Either with McBreen just behind Simon and Bernie or Simon behind Bernie and Kwas.

krusty

I didnt think Baird played that bad would like to see him and Bernie with Matty at No 10. that would be some pace up front give us a option of playing 3 strikers with Kwassie on the bench.

bikinigirl

I didnt think Baird played that bad would like to see him and Bernie with Matty at No 10. that would be some pace up front give us a option of playing 3 strikers with Kwassie on the bench.

. interesting concept

. so far simon has shown great touch and vision (well by great I mean better than what is being served up by others) ... which doesn't necessarily correlate with the long held views of many

. the way things are at the moment it might be worth a try

MagpieMariner

I'd like to start with Baird & Matty, with Bernie off the splinter in the 2nd dig against a tiring defence.
Why Baird? Well, he's quick and prepared to throw himself about. Let's face it, against Brissy he was a bit TOO quick - 5 secs slower a few times and he was away into a one-on-one. Not saying Bernie's soft by any means, but he hasn't yet got a strong enough build to keep the ball away from bulky defenders - he seemed to get pushed off it a bit on Saturday. If you've got a couple of starters who're prepared to put some muscle in early, the defence will be a bit slower when Bernie comes on fresh and they won't be able to catch him to push him over.

Wombat

Petrie and Pondeljak.

You know it makes sense.

Petrie was great and I'd have loved to have had him in his 20s.
Tommy was never a striker but never mind.

Who would you select out of our 4 forwards ? .....don't say Hutcho!

roonytunes

Until Mustie comes back, 4-3-3 with kwass, simon and bernie up front, pelle to the bench. Ollie and macca tucked in more, Rosie on instructions to get the f**k forward, and Simon to inset himself up Topor's left nostril for the first 45min. Bernie won't get biffed so much out wide in a front 3, put him on Elrich, whose been poor so far . Pelle for Macca on 65min.

dibo

Hutcho is a DM, so I wouldn't be picking him there.

Simon and Ibini-Isei would be the ones I'd be picking.

adz

Staff member
What did Baird do so wrong in the first game that got him dumped from the side so quickly? I didn't think he was bad... just had a few off-sides but that would have come down to us trying for the quick counter-attack and Brisbane pushing so far up the field? Anyway... he doesn't seem to have been given much of a go.

Deej

Simon and Kwas, the guys scored what 22 goals between them last year? IMHO they have the best understanding with eachother. When Kwas has a poor game it's a shocker but when he's on he just has a knack for being in the right spot.

Bernie will get his chance but from what I understand needs to improve his attitude.

I also agree with the quote about the midfield, strikers feed off their service, if that's not working then their chances are limited.

Wombat

Actually thought McBreen was better than Simon tonight....so maybe Bernie and McBreen could be an option?

bikinigirl

. i think we were at our best last night with simona dn bernie up front and mcbreen playing at no. 10 ... worth a try from the start?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred