• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be our Manager?

Who should be the Mariners manager?

• Mossy......its going to click sooner or later.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Rudan.......inexperienced but a quality Footballer, a leader and could fix up our clueless defenders

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Mulvey.... a great Football brain. Led Brisbane to easy Championship win in his first season.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Other...all suggestions welcomed.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Tony Walmsley. Good football brain. Great success with the Yoof and already established at CCM.

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sydmariner

Sorry mate.....it was obvious to me in the pre-season games that we were in big trouble. I kept my mouth under control as best I could but now I have to say Mossy Out and let's try again next year with a more experienced coach.
you weren't one of the people that was chanting :shoutclap:mossy out:shoutclap: were you

nebakke

Mate, you've been saying Mossy out since those pre-season games.
Point is, everyone seems to have forgotten exactly what pjennings pointed out. Mossy actually did better with Arnie's cattle, last year, than Arnie did with them. Goal diff was the only thing keeping us out of second, a spot that none of us really thought we'd get near when Arnie left.

nebakke

This is the way I lean.
Gombau was coaching in Hong Kong. There must be another good 'un out there wanting the exposure of a bigger league.

Agreed, if we HAVE to go for a new coach, we should be looking beyond the usual suspects. I don't care too much whether it's an Australian or someone from elsewhere, recognising that we have a very limited budget, but this old-boys club is tiresome, boring AND ineffective.
F*** it, give Wombat a go! ;)

sydmariner

Agreed, if we HAVE to go for a new coach, we should be looking beyond the usual suspects. I don't care too much whether it's an Australian or someone from elsewhere, recognising that we have a very limited budget, but this old-boys club is tiresome, boring AND inefficient.
F*** it, give Wombat a go! ;)
if we put wombat in charge the 1st thing that he'll do is get rid of hucho:(

VicMariner

Point is, everyone seems to have forgotten exactly what pjennings pointed out. Mossy actually did better with Arnie's cattle, last year, than Arnie did with them. Goal diff was the only thing keeping us out of second, a spot that none of us really thought we'd get near when Arnie left.
Yeah, but what happened since then? We've gone backwards or at the very least we're treading water.
I wouldn't mind losing if I could see us moving towards something but I just can't see it.
I think I said it before, Gombau at Adelaide was losing early on but you could see them inching toward their goal.
We're going nowhere.

Wombat

Where do you score whatever it is you're smoking?

Dibo....I let a lot of the shite you type here go through to the keeper because
1. You are a mod.
2. You love the mariners (and certain players with an unholy obsession)
3. You are smart and sometimes I can't be bothered to argue
4. Very occasionally you hit the nail on the head with a superb post

But what the f**k are you on about here??????

Do you think Moss is a good coach?
Are you happy with how we have played this year?
Do you think Mossy's tactics have got the best out of the team?

Personally I don't smoke drugs but if you are on something that makes you feel satisfied with our performances.....then I would love to have a crack at that shit.

Even local coaches like Terry Dickinson (Terrigal ) and Tony G would have been more successful than Mossy who has been flakey all season.

dibo

You claimed that another coach would have us in the top six. I *strongly* disagree, but I didn't make any other claims, but feel free to put any words you like in my mouth.

You're very good at giving pronouncements; not so good at backing them up with any sort of rationale.

Simply announcing that another coach would have is in the top six is frankly laughable, as if the coach is the only thing that would need to change.

If only real life were so simple.

Spacks

Yes but he would still be in the squad.

So glad someone else agrees that Hutch needs to take a seat and let others take over. He's past his use by date and should sit back and enjoy passing on his knowledge/skill to the youth.

Einstein

Has he recruited well? Are players performing well under him? Have many individuals improved under him? Have we been able to attract "quality"? Can the playing group execute his "way"? Do they respect him? Is he strong enough to tell the club what he requires?

gull

Yeah but it was a negative goal difference, and a very unusual table. I don't think we'll see teams with a negative goal difference get third place again for a long time.

I agree with Wombat. We were all keen to see what Mossy would do with his own team and a full pre-season, but we came into the season underdone and with no clear plan or structure. If there was one the players don't seem to understand it or know how to implement it. It's been catch up and try to plug the holes from there but more holes keep appearing each week.

There are no consistent team selections, and sometimes bizarre ones (ie Sim starting). There is no desire or confidence from the players, and a -13 goal difference 15 rounds in.

Quite frankly we've been rubbish pretty much throughout the season, and we are lucky there are two teams going worse than us or we'd be looking at our first wooden spoon (and we're not safe from that yet).

If people think that these results are acceptable than that's up to them, but for mine it's Moss out asap.

nebakke

If people think that these results are acceptable than that's up to them, but for mine it's Moss out asap.

For mine at least, you'll note that I specifically didn't say that I thought the team was doing alright. The point was that I'm not convinced that the change of coach is the thing to fix it.
The goal diff last year, was both the result of the end of the Arnie era and the beginning of the Mossy era, it improved.
But it was also the result of the psychology of the players. More so than just about any other team, a single goal seem to have the capacity to lift our boys.
Had Matty not taken a wrong turn with the keeper on Saturday, I feel like the goal diff would have been very different. But by that same token, going down even by one, and watching opportunities missed, has the capacity to take us completely apart.
Definitely a lot of that is down to coaching, but I'm starting to think they need a sports shrink.

Last edited:

VicMariner

Could another coach do any better with our current squad?

Maybe. Just one or two more wins and we would be top six.
Truth is though we have one of the weaker teams. Our foreign recruitment has been atrocious. Moss is probably hamstrung by having a non existent budget and that would be down to MC. If we don't have the money for top talent we need to be a lot smarter. So far our peanuts are only getting monkeys.
I sometimes think MC is only going through the motions of running a club while his real interest lies elsewhere. I think there is a fair chance the culture at the club might be beginning to sour from the top down.
I hope not.

I'm starting to think they need a sports shrink.
This mental side worries me. We used to be a team that was at least respected if not feared. Winning is a habit and so is losing. The longer we under perform the harder it might be to get back up.

VicMariner

Getting annoyed now the more I think about it.

MC bought one of the best teams in the country and has been running it into the ground since he got full control.

ETA
Moss is left holding the can on match day, maybe MC should walk onto the ground after games.

:soapbox:

mariner72

You have to consider that MC was probably pulling the strings financially before he completely took over and who else would take us over right now without him. I just get the feeling that things are a little more complex that meets the eye and although I don't like what's happening in fact hate what MC has tried to do with the club in recent times aka N Sydney match there must be a bigger play here. Just my suspicion. I heard he's turning up at the next fan forum so will travel up and quiz him as intrigued if nothing else, nothing would really surprise me.

gull

Could another coach do any better with our current squad?

Maybe. Just one or two more wins and we would be top six.
Truth is though we have one of the weaker teams. Our foreign recruitment has been atrocious. Moss is probably hamstrung by having a non existent budget and that would be down to MC. If we don't have the money for top talent we need to be a lot smarter. So far our peanuts are only getting monkeys.
I sometimes think MC is only going through the motions of running a club while his real interest lies elsewhere. I think there is a fair chance the culture at the club might be beginning to sour from the top down.
I hope not.

This mental side worries me. We used to be a team that was at least respected if not feared. Winning is a habit and so is losing. The longer we under perform the harder it might be to get back up.

Fair call, but we have the same budget (ie FFA payment) as every other team. We don't have the ability to buy or choose not to buy marquees.

In that case we need a manager who can get the best out of what he has to lift us above other teams, and I don't think we have that.

To be honest I'm really surprised at the lack of pressure on Mossy by the media at the moment given our results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred