• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be our Manager?

Who should be the Mariners manager?

• Mossy......its going to click sooner or later.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Rudan.......inexperienced but a quality Footballer, a leader and could fix up our clueless defenders

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Mulvey.... a great Football brain. Led Brisbane to easy Championship win in his first season.

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Other...all suggestions welcomed.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Tony Walmsley. Good football brain. Great success with the Yoof and already established at CCM.

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wombat

We have looked shambolic for most of the season. However, we showed some potential against Brisbane and City. Does Phil Moss have a master plan that he is struggling to implement or is he simply out of his depth?

VicMariner

Mulvey is probably the best name on that list but I ticked "other".
Don't really know who to go for but I'm not sure recycling old HAL coaches is the way to go.

Apparently Pim Verbeek is available. Osieck too I think.

We will go the budget route no doubt.........

VicMariner

Pim - if it wasn't for that one game against Germany in Durban he'd be well regarded imo. Finished with the same points as 2006 WC.

Miron Bleiburg? At least the post game pressers would be entertaining.

Aloisi? He'd be cheap and I think one day will be a good manager. Risky though.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I went for Mulvey, his had the most success of the people on the list, mind you he did inherit a fairly shit hot team, could he turn us around, who knows...other than him, maybe Rudan
All I know is, I'm over Mossy and Sully

Pavman

Rudan is doing well in the lower leagues as a coach. He was a solid player and going by his commentary, he understands the culture and mindset. He should be cheap as he is unproven in the a league. Mossy obviously had had 18 months, 3 transfer windows and a preseason. The team just keeps getting worse. I don't think a change to a unproven coach is any risk at the moment

pjennings

As long as it's not Rudan or ,
Rudan is doing well in the lower leagues as a coach. He was a solid player and going by his commentary, he understands the culture and mindset. He should be cheap as he is unproven in the a league. Mossy obviously had had 18 months, 3 transfer windows and a preseason. The team just keeps getting worse. I don't think a change to a unproven coach is any risk at the moment

Rudan has said that the Central Coast don't deserve a team and should be moved to North Sydney. Immediate disqualification.

Big Al

I went for Mulvey, his had the most success of the people on the list, mind you he did inherit a fairly shit hot team, could he turn us around, who knows...other than him, maybe Rudan
All I know is, I'm over Mossy and Sully
You raise a good point Recky is sully way off the pace and more the problem than mossy who was good last year but gone back a mile this year

pjennings

On 21st April 2013 our first team was

Mathew Ryan
Pedj Bojic
Trent Sainsbury
Patrick Zwaanswijk
Joshua Rose
John Hutchinson

Oliver Bozanic
Bernie Ibini-Isei
Daniel McBreen '
Michael McGlinchey
Mile Sterjovski

Moss took over in November 2013 and most on this forum before this season thought he did a pretty good job getting us the third with only two of the GF team plus Bernie on loan to get us there. As well he lost Flores to an ACL soon after.

We have to recognise that

(1) We had a special group of players
(2) Arnie's was a 3 year plan
(3) That group has been decimated

I'm not sure that Moss is the answer. I'm sure that Rudan isn't. What I am sure is that Arnie had a lot better cattle to work with, and probably a better back office for the most part, than Mossy has had to deal with.

true believer

On 21st April 2013 our first team was

Mathew Ryan
Pedj Bojic
Trent Sainsbury
Patrick Zwaanswijk
Joshua Rose
John Hutchinson

Oliver Bozanic
Bernie Ibini-Isei
Daniel McBreen '
Michael McGlinchey
Mile Sterjovski

Moss took over in November 2013 and most on this forum before this season thought he did a pretty good job getting us the third with only two of the GF team plus Bernie on loan to get us there. As well he lost Flores to an ACL soon after.

We have to recognise that

(1) We had a special group of players
(2) Arnie's was a 3 year plan
(3) That group has been decimated

I'm not sure that Moss is the answer. I'm sure that Rudan isn't. What I am sure is that Arnie had a lot better cattle to work with, and probably a better back office for the most part, than Mossy has had to deal with.

there should be a rating "nailed it" this post would be the bench mark .

mariner72

Mulvey for me but he probably wouldn't come as he's used to a bigger budget. Mossy is prob the lowest paid in the league so who would actually come.

Wombat

Aloisi is no better than Moss. Kossy has a better football brain but is not a long term answer......I think the HAL has gone past his level now.

nebakke

My God, here we go again... Another round of Musical coaches...
To me, there's a reason why the usual suspects are available, why would be recruit a failed coach to replace our current, arguably failing coach.

nebakke

Arguably.......LOL.

I'm not saying that he's successful, I'm just not convinced that it's all on him yet either, so it was the most neutral way to word it without having someone like yourself throw back in my face that my post read like I saw him as failed and so, why wouldn't I just want him replaced.

On a whole, I think football in particular, is far too quick at changing coaches... It's the easy solution you pick a scape goat and take him out. When the next coach then fails, because the playing groups has other problems, the coach is scape-goated again and on-and-on it goes.

That's not to say that the coach doesn't carry any of the blame, or even, potentially, most of it. Just that it's not always as obvious as it looks to us as fans.

Wombat

Sorry mate.....it was obvious to me in the pre-season games that we were in big trouble. I kept my mouth under control as best I could but now I have to say Mossy Out and let's try again next year with a more experienced coach.

VicMariner

My God, here we go again... Another round of Musical coaches...
To me, there's a reason why the usual suspects are available, why would be recruit a failed coach to replace our current, arguably failing coach.
This is the way I lean.
Gombau was coaching in Hong Kong. There must be another good 'un out there wanting the exposure of a bigger league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred