• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Which stadium is easier to get to for the G/F from gosford HOMEBUSH or SFS?

melbboy

Just curious to know wether homebush or the SFS is easier to get to by train and car and if the FFA has decided yet where you will be hosting it.

Statue

Its goin to be harder than what it usually is as well if its at the SFS as the cricket is on the same day atr the SCG

Sonic_beats_Mario

In theory Homebush is closer but the viewing quality is worse. The SFS we will be alot closer to the game than at ANZ.

Given Sydney is now out (HOORAY) the game will most likely be at the SFS. Which will help our hip pocket cos games at ANZ are normally expensive. I have 2nd row seats at ANZ for the swans and for a normal home game they retail for $65 a seat - not very affordable to the family.

melbboy

All the cricket fans will get their b4 the football starts at the SFS so thats going to make it difficult for those going by car and if they both finish at the same time it will be bedlam for train commuters.

Timmah

Considering I'm a Bulldogs NRL fan I can say without a shadow of doubt ANZ is much much easier. SFS is a bitch at the best of times.

Blackadder

Homebush would be a fair hike to Olympic Park..(ie Stadium Australia), Olympic Park a couple of hundred meters at most.

Omni

I think he meant Olympic Park station, he obviously hasn't been on the Western or Southern line before and doesn't realise there's a Homebush Station as well.

sorjesk

both as easy as each other by train - all coast trains stop at strathfield so if the game is at ANZ the olympic park trains will run, SFS buses will run from central if it is there....

both are pants to get to by car and I wouldn't recommend driving to either (spec with the cricket on)

marconigirl

sorjesk said:
both as easy as each other by train - all coast trains stop at strathfield so if the game is at ANZ the olympic park trains will run, SFS buses will run from central if it is there....

both are pants to get to by car and I wouldn't recommend driving to either (spec with the cricket on)

Actually Homebush (ANZ)is really simple to drive to, parking may be a slight issue but not really... You just have to get onto Silverwater road and you are pretty much there, prob 15 min drive from epping, 30 min drive from Hornsby?(depending on traffic of course) but quite direct to get to... Was there the other night for a concert and there are alot of parking spots, just some are further away then others... plus parking approx $15 for the night. (more then 4 hours)
Oh and there is a train station about a 5 min walk (if that) from the stadium...

SFS on the other hand has quite a significant amount more walking involved from the station, and forget about driving in there, especially if there is a cricket match on next door you would have to park miles away and pay a fortune to get parking, or it would take you hours to get out of the car parking they have avaliable...

Timmah

I go to ANZ and other Olympic Park area events at least 20 times if not more per year... NEVER had any major problems driving.

Timmah

marconigirl said:
sorjesk said:

Actually Homebush is really simple to drive to, parking may be a slight issue but not really... You just have to get onto Silverwater road and you are pretty much there, prob 15 min drive from epping, 30 min drive from Hornsby?(depending on traffic of course) but quite direct to get to... Was there the other night for a concert and there are alot of parking spots, just some are further away then others... plus parking approx $15 for the night. (more then 4 hours)
Oh and there is a train station about a 5 min walk (if that) from the stadium...

SFS on the other hand has quite a significant amount more walking involved from the station, and forget about driving in there, especially if there is a cricket match on next door you would have to park miles away and pay a fortune to get parking, or it would take you hours to get out of the car parking they have avaliable...

Sprung! You went to Hilary!!!! Tsk tsk.

marconigirl

Timmah said:
marconigirl said:
Actually Homebush is really simple to drive to, parking may be a slight issue but not really... You just have to get onto Silverwater road and you are pretty much there, prob 15 min drive from epping, 30 min drive from Hornsby?(depending on traffic of course) but quite direct to get to... Was there the other night for a concert and there are alot of parking spots, just some are further away then others... plus parking approx $15 for the night. (more then 4 hours)

Sprung! You went to Hilary!!!! Tsk tsk.
Hahaha, how did you ever guess??? btw- Very good concert, got lots of pics if interested.. :p
Actually, how did you know that she was performing there the other night huh??? :p

Timmah

lol.

Missus is a bit of a fan, I was at the NRL Fan Day earlier in the day at ANZ Stadium, then I went home and she came down for it.

The car park is usually much busier than it was that night to be honest. Very quiet night in P1 last weekend.

marconigirl

Ahh, fair enough...
Yeah I have seen it worse before... we just sat in the car for 15 mins till most of the traffic had gone then we were able to leave the carpark quickly...
They have a really good parking system at Homebush so that all the levels get filled and emptied at the same time...

Hope she liked the concert...

S

striker

marconigirl said:
SFS on the other hand has quite a significant amount more walking involved from the station, [/color]

Yep...... but there are some good pubs on the way there.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred