• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

When will Matty score?

Gen (MarinerMum)

I've seen some great goals by Matty, leave him alone.  He changes the play up front, he goes for everything, not like sasho, and he creates space for others and Aloisi.

He has to be on the park more.  I've also seen him improve greatly in other aspects of his play so the goals will come. 

CCM-JAM80

Gen said:
I've seen some great goals by Matty, leave him alone.

Don't be so freaking precious - fact remains he hasn't scored a goal in the A-League.

The thread means no harm.

CFC105

Matty will score on Sunday and the headlines will be Mariners do the near impossible and go through to final :pirashoot: ohhhhhhhh arrrrrrrrrrr

Jesus

Jesus
How does Simon not cop the shizen thrown at kwassie last season?
Simon couldnt score in a brothel this year. It also doesnt look like he is improving.
I like his work ethic, but he is below kwassie's standard by some way. Where is his own thread of 33 pages?

I dont care much for his ability, he adds something when he comes on with some pace and hard work against tiring defenders. But someone tell him as soon as he has a chance to shoot, to pass to anyone else for a shot.

My opinion. Prove me wrong Matty

Andy

Jesus said:
Simon couldnt score in a brothel this year. It also doesnt look like he is improving.
I like his work ethic, but he is below kwassie's standard by some way. Where is his own thread of 33 pages?

I dont care much for his ability, he adds something when he comes on with some pace and hard work against tiring defenders. But someone tell him as soon as he has a chance to shoot, to pass to anyone else for a shot.

My opinion. Prove me wrong Matty

Because Simon isn't our only outlet this season. We've got Sasho, Aloisi and for a period Mrdja.

Last season it was Kwassy leading the front-line and there were a lot higher expectations than Matty.

Deej

Jesus said:

Because Simon is a local  :-\

I'm with you thou Jesus, Simon has got a great engine and works very hard, but when your a striker your paid to score goals, he's still got a lot of learning to do. He's had the chances to score, perhaps nerves get to him? who knows? 1 day he will score and bluetongue will erupt.

I have no doubt he'll have another year or 2 to prove himself as a goal scorer.

S

soccersensei

CCM-JAM80 said:
Gen said:
I've seen some great goals by Matty, leave him alone.

Don't be so freaking precious - fact remains he hasn't scored a goal in the A-League.

The thread means no harm.

Thanks JAM80, I was starting to get pretty confused by a few of these comments... The thread doesn't read...Matt Simon, what's wrong with bloody kid... or some such.

It says "when will Matty score..." then... it has to happen sometime... when do you think that's gonna be... AND WHATS THE HEADLINE GONNA SAY!!!

For those who interpreted this thread as a negative, I apologise, however it clearly isn't written on the page that way, as also evidenced by the bulk of great positive posts - such as yellowcake's - who clearly also saw straight through what I was really trying to achieve. Personally at least, I'm on a mission to gather as much positive fire and belief as possible over this "too long" break, and I find these responses a joy to read. There's also been plenty of good humour -
"You forgot to mention what year" is just plain funny!
So for that matter is Strikers, "Beijing" post. 
"when he gets more game time" is telling and I think most agree with.
But as to the more critical or doubtful posts, they have also been backed up by the person expressing clear and sound reasoning, and I certainly haven't felt any were simply just looking to be negative or malicious. The harshest would I guess be jesus's post, but he's also expressed clear reasoning, and also a desire to be proven bloody wrong!!!!
Not too much more you can ask for in my opinion...

MattSimon

When: 2nd leg of major SF obviously

Headline reads: Full of finesse Matty S blasts past slowish Covic
(now you can see why I'm known in the Mariners dressing room as a bit of a poet)

Thanks for the thread in my honour guys, now I gotta hit up training.

Matty S out

rev

Woah, can't have Matt Simon being the last forum poster for the night.  I hope he's at least playing - and learning from - FIFA 08 on XBOX being up this late. :postcount:

bikinigirl

thomas477 said:
I hope he scores next week as the ccm's only goal in that game :p

. that's hilarious

. the mariners go through to the GF off the boot of matty simon following first half own goals by spencer & holland

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred