• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What gaps we need to fill

Which is the most pressing gap we need to fill in our squad

• striker or centre Forward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playmaking attacking midfielder

• fullback - either left or right

• centre back

• goalkeeper

• other

• Total voters
I think it's a little dangerous that we are yet again relying on a fully fit Mrdja to do a job. I would be very surprised if he actually plays a full season for us, especially considering that Adelaide are after his services.

We need another striker...

skilbeck

considering even the rumor mill thinks its dodgy, i dont think he will sign with them, that said it might give us less bargaining power with him

~Floss~

We'll need another striker if Mrdja isn't proven towards the end of the off-season.

If Mrdja, Simon and Petrovski all show killer form and fitness in the lead-up to the season, we have the "injury replacement" system to fall back on.

Of course while ever there's a reasonable chance of not being 100% confident in any one of those 3, you don't want to leave it too late to start looking.

Ted

With the extra funds we should now have not chasing JA (and losing a few other players) then I'm confident we can secure, defenders, midfield attackers and a prominent striker (or 2) and still have cash to spare....

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
skilbeck said:
marinersman said:
I'm with Omni. I can't say one position is more pressing than the other, although I do think creative midfielder is something we lack more than the other positions.

Definitely need another top class striker though. We can't rely on Nic for the season and Matty can't score for love or money. Sash only seems to have a go when he's in the right mood so another target man is a must.

I'm really not sure if Wilko or Boogs should be on the right. Either way we need another centre half. I don't think O'Grady's up to HAL standard.

I'm not disappointed at all because I think he'd be a great buy, but it does suprise me we seem to be after Juninho. He doesn't quite fit the mould of the type of player we've bought in the past.

Fozzie will be happy.  ;D

we still wouldnt have enough brazillians but we can rectify that problem by giving them all brazillian names
For example this is the current squad list
1 Trottinho
2 Simao
3 Strinho
4 Macandres
5 Porto
6 Gumpres
7 Hutchino
8 Hefu
9 Nico
11 Damiao
12 Ouenho
15 Clarcinho
16 Booginho
17 Osmao
18 Alex
19 Kwasaldinho
20 Dani
22 Sashinho
23 Jedinao
30 Redmanho
and Caceres

I get the strangest feeling some of these are gonna end up on shirts in the bay...HAHAHAHAHAAHA...I'll take HUTCHINO

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
OHHH forgot about the one big gap that needs filling...up near the away visitors bay...there's a gap were the dickhead detector should have been installed....someone see to this right away please

:thumbup: :vhappy: :thumbup: :vhappy: :piralaugh:

P

Pete

RECKY said:
OHHH forgot about the one big gap that needs filling...up near the away visitors bay...there's a gap were the dickhead detector should have been installed....someone see to this right away please

:thumbup: :vhappy: :thumbup: :vhappy: :piralaugh:

They need one of those devices installed where the Foxtel lads do their commentary too! Though I'd suggest the gap between Slater's and Harper's ears, collectively, is too wide for any device to fill. ;D :tv:

coast

I voted for an attacking midfeilder, but since then ive heard that mrja is very unsure if he is staying at the club, this coming from a source vrey close to him personally. But if he does stay, they said that his knee is coming along very well atm.

FFC Mariner

Need a short term keeper now (thanks Buckley you tard)

Trott - proved he hasnt got it (10 goals 164 minutes), Redmayne?? Probably too soon for him

northernspirit

we needed a keeper anyway, not a fan of trott at all - too nervy and hesitant to command the box area... someone like beltrame who's fallen out of favour at AUFC but is a proven HAL standard keeper

graaant

skilbeck said:
yeah he is a left footer, normally plays as a winger. correct me if im wrong but we have no one that does decent corners as Tommy is gone and Hutch aint great at them

If I remember correctly, Osman wasn't too bad and was improving with every game. He was showing a lot of class!
Porter can take corners aswell and can only improve!

skilbeck

northernspirit said:
ossie was playing well before the injury, really we did so well in v3 with all the injuries we had

Ossies injury was what unsettled our defense IMO. Before he got injured, we hadnt conceded a goal

skilbeck

Im gonna suggest Dez Giraldi as a possible striker if QLD dont get to him first. He wasnt getting gametime at Adelaide with Burns and Djite there and he isnt bad. I dont know the circumstances in which he left the mariners but if they were amicable perhaps he could come back.

bikinigirl

skilbeck said:
Im gonna suggest Dez Giraldi as a possible striker if QLD dont get to him first. He wasnt getting gametime at Adelaide with Burns and Djite there and he isnt bad. I dont know the circumstances in which he left the mariners but if they were amicable perhaps he could come back.

. was he not the brainless so&so who decided to play ball boy whilst warming up .... except he forgot what most 10 year old ball boys can work out - the ball has to go out before you pick it up

brett

I think we need to prioritise
- A senior goalkeeper to play until November and then challenge Danny when he comes back
- A starting quality central attacking midfielder (Juni would be ideal)
- A striker-cum-attacking midfielder/winger (in the mould of a Mark Bridge, Nathan Burns) OR if Nik is no good, a new frontline striker, probably an overseas returner like Dylan McAllister

Worst Case Round 1 08/09:

New GK

Ossie  Wilko  Boogs  Heff
                  Jedi
          Hutch
Kwasnik                Caceres
          Sasho    Nik?

Still pretty sweet!

Bear

After last nights decision, we are in desperate need of another keeper. Not some fill in keeper, a quality keeper that will push Danny each and every week for a spot. We have strikers and good midfielders who can score. We have defenders and mids that can drop back as cover, but without a quality keeper, it all goes to shit, as some may remember from a 2 week period in v3 ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred