• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What do we need in Bay 23?

clarence

adz said:
Part_Timer said:
much much less trumpet...

I found Trumpet Boy and the Trumpet Gang to be very rude. Not only do they not take requests (Uptown Girl or anything else by Billy Joel) but they swear at anyone making the request. I hope they change their tune next time. Something by John Farnham would be nice.

Maybe add some Herb?
[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KDPUTyDyQ[/flash]

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaMzjJ7slJg&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-t-g_msR2o&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennMD1fPtXA[/flash]

Gav...

Megaphone for Co-ordination. When the Front of the Bay starts a chant there needs to be clear understanding of what they are chanting/singing for the people up the back.

J

jiggles

Gav... said:
Megaphone for Co-ordination. When the Front of the Bay starts a chant there needs to be clear understanding of what they are chanting/singing for the people up the back.

Am pretty sure Megaphones are banned from Blue Tongue.

LiverpoolMariners said:
1. Lack of a tifo pullover.

Tifo too heavy ;)

What we need?

More midgets. In snuggies. Not playing trumpets.

Then Bay 23 would be AH-MAH-ZING.

marinermick

The squadron had a massive megaphone and were using it. Cannot ever recall megaphones being banned.

They are a must for coordination.

marinermick

Part_Timer said:
megas work well when ppl listen to what is coming out of it

all too true, and it must be noted that mega is there to pick up songs already being sung in the bay, not for someone to become a tyrant on it

while not being in the bay i am getting the impression that many of the bay members think they are too cool to follow a capo with a mega, or for that matter follow a song being sung by half the bay because they don't like it

Auburn Mariner

goingtoadisco said:
FFC Mariner said:
FWIW

1) Fill from front if looking good on TV matters (I dont think it does) - or fill from the back (more noise) but make a decision and stick to it

2) A capo - needs to be one and work in with drummer/trumpet. too confusing right now

3) Less tolerance of people standing mute.

+1

Auburn Mariner used to be in the capo type role.

As you would have figured out by now, I have made my work a priority and cannot attend at least half our homne games this year.

Also, I have not been in anything a capo role for a couple of years, tbh. I am not as loud as I was, as I like watching and concentrating on the game too much.

To my eternal regret, I am but a bit player now. I have every intention of enjoying our home game against GCU with Zac, Merrillie and all of you. I will have a ball, and I can assure I will give it my best.

One other thing; much as I would like to think otherwise, I am a poor leader. I am a MUCH better assistant. 

Jerem

a bit of help organising, am putting hand up for it.
as far as i can see the flags etc are good, just need some good placement etc.
i think for the moment work with what we've got or been given.

personally i think having trumpets and drums and what ever else, seems to confuse if not
in cognition.

and whered the pipes man go?

LFCMariners

marinermick said:
adz said:

Like the drum, the trumpet is not there to lead. The jobs of the drummer and the trumpeter is to pick up the tune from the capo and with the capo set the timing of the song and add more noise to the song so the restr of the bay knows what song is being sung.

When used correctly is very very handy and contributes greatly to coordination. When used poorly it is counter-productive.

Agree totally. On Saturday I would start a chant and the guy behind me with the trumpet would begin playing to emphasize the chant. Thankfully he knew the tune to 'Sailing' as well!

Btw, where did the megaphone go? Its' absence has been quite noticeable...

J

jiggles

I could of sworn I saw the Megaphone brought back to the Kendall at the Scum game...maybe I'm imagining things.

~Floss~

marinermick said:
When used correctly is very very handy and contributes greatly to coordination. When used poorly it is counter-productive.

Then at the moment it is counter-productive.

Alicia

adz said:
brennan said:
poko said:
I could of sworn I saw the Megaphone brought back to the Kendall at the Scum game...maybe I'm imagining things.

had no batteries

Is that a piss take?

They were brought back to the Kendall cause security wouldn't let them in.  However DJ rang someone at the Mariners and sorted it out, and they were let in.

Yellowbeard

Get rid of the fun police that get upset everytime a new chant is started. Those that can't turn up with a sense of humour for 90 minutes, 11 time a year have driven a lot of the louder singers away.
Some new chants a must. I sat in bay 16 on the weekend (Due to the position of the sun more than anything) and could only hear the same 5 chants over and over that we've been using for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred