• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What do we need in Bay 23?

LFCMariners

Ok, this is for people to say what they honestly think we are missing in Bay 23 at the moment, what could be done better, without fearing the wrath of other posters. These are the stand-out points, for mine:

1. Lack of a tifo pullover. People talk alot about making different banners and bringing them to the matches, but IMO we've got enough banners at this point in time- we've got as many (if not more) than most other fan-groups do. What I think we really need to do is organise (money/ design/ construction wise) a large tifo pullover that would cover most of (if not all) of the bay. This would take our visual support to the next level. I'm happy to come up with some designs and see which one is most popular. In the meantime, let's get those navy and yellow strips going again in the Bay, like we had against the Scum last year!

2. Lack of co-ordination. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, but this is the biggest thing holding us back. I'm not sure if half the people in the bay realise how much better we would sound if everybody joined in (to the best of their ability) when a song or a chant goes up. If you don't like a chant, fine, just sing it whenever it comes up in the game then debate its' merits on here later. Chatting to your friends or staging a silent protest helps nobody. Certainly not the rest of the people in the bay.

The good news is, I think it's only these two things that are stopping The Marinators from being one of the best supporter groups in the A-League.

bjw

bjw
1. Fill from the front- Instantly louder.
2. A constant rate of tifos- (i'm not saying we need a new one each home game, but a few different ones would be good that we can slowly re-use so that we dont get bored of them, like we did with streamers).
3. Anthem- Can't Help Falling In Love With You needs to get off the ground, its getting there slowly (v. slowly)
4. People- we need 3/4 bay full of people standing.
5. A single leader (CAPO) type person. and everyone has to respect the Capo. (This is why Melbourne, and parts of Europe have such good active support), because they view Capo as god, and they all follow what he does.
6. If the person next to you isn't chanting, singing. Tell them too.
7- Volunteers, make a banner, create a song/chant, put your hand up to help organise the active support etc etc.

Melsy - One step

Regarding Capo, no one wanted to become this officially (marinators club) everyone is happy to be a capo without the title attached, i.e. many chiefs not enough Indians.

As a capo, you need to respect that people have different ways of expressing themselves in chants i.e. a trumpet or an out of rhythm drum or a chant with the word yellow in it.  If people get abused all the time, it will reduce our numbers, cause fights within the group and make people not be bothered or be enthused about turning up week by week to improve.  Alternatively they'll sit elsewhere.

My house is full of marinators banners, streamers (ribbon banner), flags.  You name it, we've got it.  We bring what we can to games and it's at the back of the bay and given out before the game, or left up the back for anyone who wants to utilize them throughout the game.

There is loads of material if people want to change current flags into anything else for the new season. 

FFC Mariner

FWIW

1) Fill from front if looking good on TV matters (I dont think it does) - or fill from the back (more noise) but make a decision and stick to it

2) A capo - needs to be one and work in with drummer/trumpet. too confusing right now

3) Less tolerance of people standing mute.

goingtoadisco

FFC Mariner said:
FWIW

1) Fill from front if looking good on TV matters (I dont think it does) - or fill from the back (more noise) but make a decision and stick to it

2) A capo - needs to be one and work in with drummer/trumpet. too confusing right now

3) Less tolerance of people standing mute.

+1

Auburn Mariner used to be in the capo type role.

dru

1/ For security not to tell people to sit down in "the bay". Anyone suggesting that you fill from the front will need to solve this problem before it will work.

2/ No 3pm games

goingtoadisco

dru said:
1/ For security not to tell people to sit down in "the bay". Anyone suggesting that you fill from the front will need to solve this problem before it will work.

2/ No 3pm games

Need to get there before anyone else does. Personally i would way rather be drinking beer next door 1 hour before the game.

Sym

Upon arriving on Saturday in my usual position a few rows up from the very front, I was asked to sit down by people sitting down just behind me.

roflz wtf

marinermick

Sym said:
Upon arriving on Saturday in my usual position a few rows up from the very front, I was asked to sit down by people sitting down just behind me.

roflz wtf

we need more of the white line fever displayed by sym at his match on the weekend

fire up son!!!!

Sym

marinermick said:
Sym said:

roflz wtf

we need more of the white line fever displayed by sym at his match on the weekend

fire up son!!!!
eep..what did I do ?

adz

Staff member
Part_Timer said:
much much less trumpet...

I found Trumpet Boy and the Trumpet Gang to be very rude. Not only do they not take requests (Uptown Girl or anything else by Billy Joel) but they swear at anyone making the request. I hope they change their tune next time. Something by John Farnham would be nice.

marinermick

Sym said:
marinermick said:
Sym said:

roflz wtf

fire up son!!!!
eep..what did I do ?

you were tackled late and the referee did not give a freekick

caused you to fire up and you wanted to kick the next blokes who came near you

only lasted five minutes though

marinermick

adz said:
Part_Timer said:
much much less trumpet...

I found Trumpet Boy and the Trumpet Gang to be very rude. Not only do they not take requests (Uptown Girl or anything else by Billy Joel) but they swear at anyone making the request. I hope they change their tune next time. Something by John Farnham would be nice.

Like the drum, the trumpet is not there to lead. The jobs of the drummer and the trumpeter is to pick up the tune from the capo and with the capo set the timing of the song and add more noise to the song so the restr of the bay knows what song is being sung.

When used correctly is very very handy and contributes greatly to coordination. When used poorly it is counter-productive.

Sym

marinermick said:
Sym said:
marinermick said:
Sym said:

roflz wtf

fire up son!!!!
eep..what did I do ?

you were tackled late and the referee did not give a freekick

caused you to fire up and you wanted to kick the next blokes who came near you

only lasted five minutes though
ah yeah
sounds like something I'd do

Sym

Let's just have a 'bring a loud friend to the bay' day, will double the numbers ;).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred