• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What can WE do for the Mariners?

adz

Staff member
We're only a couple of days into the season break, the team has a well earned rest, and this is a great time for us to do a little brainstorming for next season (and beyond). It's a topic that seems to have been bubbling away for a little bit, this thread is to keep all the discussions (arguments? heated discussions? :D) in one place.

There have been a few football forums over the last couple of years, for the A-League in general, WSW held them to work out what fans wanted before they began, and apparently the Mariners held a couple late last year. In case you're not sure what these are, it's basically where fans and club/league officials all meet up and discuss how to improve things. I've followed along with most of these when I could, and they all seem to have the common theme of "what do the fans want from the club/league in general?".

This thread is to talk about what we, as fans, can do to help the Mariners. How can we get more members? How can we get more people talking about and going to games?

The Mariners are talking about holding fan forums later in the year, so anything that is out of our direct control like ticket prices, membership benefits, (the weather ;)) etc. etc. should be left for those meetings.

dibo

<distracting, off topic post>

Whatever we do, I reckon it's bound to be more fun if I'm hitting you with a ladder, or maybe a folding chair.

</distracting, off topic post>

Bladesman

Great initiative couple of thoughts -

Incentive for clubs or schools with some sort of reward for selling memberships. Could be $ per membership as a fundraiser (everybody usually ends up spending the cost of a membership on those bloody chocolates the kids always get) or something along the line of sell 50 memberships get a coaching clinic with a mariners player, 250 memberships Graham Arnold or Mossy come along for the day when you are playing at give the half time team talk.

Opening day March

Challenge local clubs (not just football) or schools etc to get their mariners fans marching. Members march behind their local clubs banner, club with most marches gets the goals for Grassroots cash for the game or some other prize.

Big Al

1. NSO - Is a good initiate. IMO Is the timing right just before Christmas? Will there be any officers workers around or all getting pissed & playing with the secretary?

2. Against say Heart or low crowd drawer - All Central Coast registered players in for free - Make it about them have the assoc. sell there clubs etc. signing young kids what ever to match the start of the kids season. Half time assoc. play against each other - A carnival of the local clubs basically - To re-establish the links - Why don't more registered players come to the game? I am sure there is enough of them to fill the stadium (how many reg'd players on the coast? How many drive them cheer them on?)

3. Shit seats at BT (not that there are any) but say bay 1 & opposite side - Free tickets to Kids with $5 paying adult - Say go to the local school give them the tickets - Gets new fans interested (after the team or a player attends the school)

4. Senior citz day - same bays - bring grandpa for free type thing

5. CHEERLEADERS! YEAH - No marching Bands

Taken from my post on the shit stirring NSO game post

Bladesman - Excellent - Incentives for others to push the product is great - Would suit the clubs as both them & CCM have common interests & goals - Not sure the schools would be so enthusiastic to sell un-school related products (even if for the community) but worth a try see what there ideas are - Needs to be rewards for effort type stuff - great thinking. Maybe even a clubs bay - See who sells the most memberships in that bay - Gets to put there kids on at halftime etc or coaching clinic etc or the team trains at there home ground during the week - whole club can come & watch etc

Big Al

Also maybe - Derby tickets/memberships
(I think there is a 3 game membership - But this is to target the big games coming to town which attract the very casual fans)
3 game pack - WSW SFC Scum

Get them to the game & get there details so can harass them to come to the other games or be full members.

Sit them next to the YA so they have more numbers & can show them the atmosphere possible

midfielder

MY two bobs worth…

Get the local university and or TAFE … marketing students to design a Poster or a couple of posters which clearly show match times… The best designs we print and ask local shops to put in their windows… The shopkeeper would get match day tickets to mid ranking games like MV & Roar…and maybe a couple for people that shop at his shop so the shop could run a promotion with the Mariners as the reward … There must be something in this for the Education Providers … they cannot be seen to be doing work for FFA… So have an assignment assessed with a prize of Regional roll out as described below and some work experience with the Mariners and maybe key sponsors. {BTW MC if you read this I can advise on how this can be done]

It was described to me once by a marketing director of a multinational as piggy back advertising… Assume the media i.e. radio, local press, online talk, SBS and FTA will push football….

The posters can bounce off the media … highlight football and provide match times … the more posters the better…

Imagine if in shops from the Entrance to Umina we had 300 shops willing to put a poster in their window …. With every centre having some shops with posters … every time you go shopping you will see a Mariner poster and supporter…

A lot has to go into the design for example some basic research into what size poster would be acceptable… have say 2GO run a campaign calling for shops to come forward and have the poster in their windows…

Then make the posters freely available to anyone who can put them up at their workplace ….

Imagine 500 posters in shops and business… at say $5.00 per poster that is a very cheap method…

The other thing we as a group could maybe do with some club support is use the train stations on the Friday before match day… Hand out a single page flyer when the game is on with a little bit about the game… black and white only … another way of piggybacking onto other media and advertising… Costing’s say 13 home matches print say 30, 000 per match.. so 13 times 30, 000 is 390, 000 @ .05 cents each is … say $ 20, 000..

Finally have the marketing students design a method of recording what advertising worked best for the future…

Atomic

This may not be the grandest of ideas but...

Nominate a couple of games through the season where the kids can run onto the field at the end of the game. Remember how much fun it was when we could run onto the field after that last game before the re-turfed the field? Tell the kids to bring their footballs with them so then can emulate their heroes after the match.

Identify the two early games against teams and make those ones "Kids Day"... or something. Probably Adelaide on the 26/10 & Heart on the 5/1.

It's only a small idea... but it may engage the kiddies a bit more and get them harassing their parents to take them to future games.

midfielder

Nominate a couple of games through the season where the kids can run onto the field at the end of the game. Remember how much fun it was when we could run onto the field after that last game before the re-turfed the field? Tell the kids to bring their footballs with them so then can emulate their heroes after the match.

Identify the two early games against teams and make those ones "Kids Day"... or something. Probably Adelaide on the 26/10 & Heart on the 5/1.

It's only a small idea... but it may engage the kiddies a bit more and get them harassing their parents to take them to future games.

Like that idea like a bare foot run sorta .... with players signing shirts. caps etc...

sydmariner

We're only a couple of days into the season break, the team has a well earned rest, and this is a great time for us to do a little brainstorming for next season (and beyond). It's a topic that seems to have been bubbling away for a little bit, this thread is to keep all the discussions (arguments? heated discussions? :D) in one place.

There have been a few football forums over the last couple of years, for the A-League in general, WSW held them to work out what fans wanted before they began, and apparently the Mariners held a couple late last year. In case you're not sure what these are, it's basically where fans and club/league officials all meet up and discuss how to improve things. I've followed along with most of these when I could, and they all seem to have the common theme of "what do the fans want from the club/league in general?".

This thread is to talk about what we, as fans, can do to help the Mariners. How can we get more members? How can we get more people talking about and going to games?

The Mariners are talking about holding fan forums later in the year, so anything that is out of our direct control like ticket prices, membership benefits, (the weather ;)) etc. etc. should be left for those meetings.

What can't we do!! "ask not what your club can do for you BUT what you can do for your club"

sydmariner

the last time they did it it was pouring down with rain

Julz

Deliver pamphlets to every home on the Central Coast, every Friday have one of the Yellow Army on 2GO and Sea Fm tipping the games for that weekend, like what Sterlo does. Radio stations need to do interviews that go for more than 3 minutes. Flags in the Wyong Shire.

adz

Staff member
I'd love to get the podcast up and running again. I was only involved with a couple of episodes but also got the chance to interview Craig Foster and pick his brain.

Turns out he "f**king loves half-life".

I wondered what happened to the podcast. That was good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred