• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

We're Back - Finals Baby

LFCMariners

Everyone has been conditioned to expect mediocrity for so many years that we rip into Fulham with what is a reasonable expectation every season, to make the finals.

In a salary capped league every season we don’t make the finals is a failure.

In saying this, I am still enjoying this ride a d celebrating it, because I don’t know when the next one will come.
I'd say the opposite- people have become so conditioned to mediocrity that a single bad game/ bad half of football from CCM and people are going "the wheels have fallen off" or "the old Mariners are back" in less time than Trent Alexander Arnold takes corners...

If CCM were spending the same on their squad as the other top teams but falling short of the finals, that would be failure. Regardless of what happens from here, my concern is what happens next season- can CCM push for top spot again or is this going to be like the Jest where it's a case of 1 good season for another 7 or 8 shit ones in between?

turbo

Unless we lose by 4 goals or more to Western United in which case we can still finish 5th or 6th.
This. If we really botch it tomorrow Adelaide could get past us but if we get hammered that badly finals won’t go well anyway.

Corsair

Do we know much about this young fella (Jing Reec) that's come into the squad for tonight?

I'm hoping they really go for it and try some new things since it's largely a nothing match.

true believer

We have the worst budget and 3 spoons in a row. We would have been this pumped to finish 11th.

But we are in the f**king finals and can finish in the top 4.

Don’t be a finals grinch. This is a massive achievement for our club.

After 7 years all we expect is failure and spoons.

Smile it’s a happy day
we were beat down pretty hard . and losing like we did last week was humiliating to say the least.
a little bit more sunshine would be nice .

finally retired

It is actually a dream finals series for the APL. Quarterfinals in Brisbane and the CC where there will be decent crowds, semis in Sydney and Melbourne, and a likely grand final in Melbourne or Sydney. If not they will sell out Brisbane or Gosford.
ha ha ha.... do we really think we could host a grand final?.....we would have to finish 3rd and both Sydney and City lose their semis....and even then there is precedence for it being taken away from Gosford.

turbo

and even then there is precedence for it being taken away from Gosford.
It’s a long shot mathematically as he said but if it’s an interstate grand final I think we’d be in with a shot at keeping it at Gosford. They wouldn’t let us keep a NSW GF at Gosford and hope for 30-40k, but vs an interstate team? I reckon the APL would rather showcase a packed and lively gosford over maybe 25 to 30 looking tiny at Stadium Australia. Even moving to bank west would create an obstacle for bandwagon fans that interstate wouldn’t make up.

Corsair

What's our capacity? I think 19k is the biggest I've ever seen...maybe it was 17k. So long ago.

pjennings

It is actually a dream finals series for the APL. Quarterfinals in Brisbane and the CC where there will be decent crowds, semis in Sydney and Melbourne, and a likely grand final in Melbourne or Sydney. If not they will sell out Brisbane or Gosford.
It might be their dream - not mine,

Brisbane lose or draw and we win we go to 3rd.

Elim
CCM v MAC
BNE v ADL

Semi
SFC v CCM
MCI v BNE

GF
CCM v BNE Revenge for the game that never was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami