• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week Nine- Local League Thread

offtheball

Wilsons said:
offtheball said:
Can't quite fathom why CCF would abandon all of last weekend when there were clearly six or more grounds fit for play. Surely it would have been logical to get as many games played as possible to reduce the "A" grade backlog.

Which 6 or more grounds were they??

Mountains, Wadalba, Pat Morley, Alan Davidson, Mingara, Jubilee, Umina

hilly1981

Looks like a tore my calf muscle at the right time. Did it 5 weeks ago now and have only missed 2 games :)

Wilsons

offtheball said:
Wilsons said:
offtheball said:
Can't quite fathom why CCF would abandon all of last weekend when there were clearly six or more grounds fit for play. Surely it would have been logical to get as many games played as possible to reduce the "A" grade backlog.

Gosford Council closed all there grounds on Friday, for all sports!!
Mingara was shut on Friday..
Jubilee was shut all weekend no academy was held there Sunday morning!!!!
Pat Morley was closed Saturday.... So that rules out most of the six
Not sure about Wadalba..

Where did you get the 6 from??

offtheball

Wilsons said:
offtheball said:
Wilsons said:
offtheball said:

Not sure about Wadalba..

OK I'll retract the criticism of CCF if Gosford Council closed the grounds. Clearly I am behind the times as I thought Gosford Council left ground closures up to clubs on the weekends. My comment was more about the grounds I know were playable. I know there was an unofficial game played at Pat Morley on Sunday and there was not a mark on it

Wilsons

offtheball said:
Wilsons said:
offtheball said:
Wilsons said:
offtheball said:

Not sure about Wadalba..

OK I'll retract the criticism of CCF if Gosford Council closed the grounds. Clearly I am behind the times as I thought Gosford Council left ground closures up to clubs on the weekends. My comment was more about the grounds I know were playable. I know there was an unofficial game played at Pat Morley on Sunday and there was not a mark on it

Pat Morley was closed if anyone played on it best not to notify the council!!!!
So The Entrance had a training session on the ground and as a result you want to make statements like you have above!! Maybe there should of been games at Toowoon bay they trained there on Tuesday!!

offtheball

Wilsons said:
offtheball said:
Wilsons said:
offtheball said:
Wilsons said:
offtheball said:

Not sure about Wadalba..

Pat Morley was closed if anyone played on it best not to notify the council!!!!
So The Entrance had a training session on the ground and as a result you want to make statements like you have above!! Maybe there should of been games at Toowoon bay they trained there on Tuesday!!

I've been reliably informed that Wyong Council didn't close grounds last weekend, it is up to clubs. If they play and damage the ground they pay for repairs. Is your info on Gosford Council's closures more accurate than your assertion about Wyong?

No need to contact Wyong Council to inform them a game was played at Pat Morley, it was the club's decsion, and the right one!

mariners4ever

.......and what a surprise, nice and sunny yesterday and today. pretty sure thats now 2 out of 3 weekends that this happened, not happy :(

WELL INFORMED

Little any club could do this weekend as all grounds were closed by councils. First time that I can remember wyong council not letting clubs make the decision on the weekend.wadalba very playable today but don't think many others would be

fish

The weather is unavoidable but not fitting in washout fixture dates after people pay rego money is CCFs decision and for mine a f**king stupid one.

dibo

in our association we've got wet weather weekends and we play double headers where we can but we still might lose games by the end of the year. there's only so much you can do. we also cut the finals down to 1v4 and 2v3 where needed.

nikko

Suspended
dibo said:
in our association we've got wet weather weekends and we play double headers where we can but we still might lose games by the end of the year. there's only so much you can do. we also cut the finals down to 1v4 and 2v3 where needed.

sounds like a good assoication.
Dibo, can we assume your on the board for this association?

hasbeen

Gosford CC closed all their grounds for this past weekend on Friday lunchtime. Needless to say, Umina Oval was in great nick Sat. morning at 8am and even better nick by Sunday. Council should stop relying on 'predicted rainfall' and leave the decision in the hands of the Clubs. But as usual they always follow the path of least resistance and take the easy option. It's no skin off their nose if we don't play, & the money they receive from the Clubs for the ground hire is negligible, so off they go, and close it all down. Even the A grade games they intend replaying are rapidly running out of time. Umina W18A have 3 games in six days, and 5 in ten days coming up (providing they can get a pitch to play on of course ...) 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark