• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week Nine- Local League Thread

bjw

bjw
Another week, another washout.

I don't personally play, but i would be very pissed off if i signed up this season.

Kareem

lol
u dont even play

nah its pretty bad now...and no chance of replays

And for the first time ever, I agree with the Final Series!
This year, the first past the post system isnt going to be as accurate...finals may actually be a fair way to decide it
Ofcourse that is if the top4 is properly decided...

J

jiggles

^ yes...he already stated he didn't play.

Maybe he's genuinely interested in the local league?

Anyway.....

WELL INFORMED

Budgie closed for the weekend, says they will try and play MPL1 on sunday but no chance really.
Absolutely p..sing down up the northern end of the coast right now.

I would  expect all grounds to be closed for the weekend by Friday arvo.

J

jiggles

I'd hope for some refunds for this...since grounds are not being used, I'm assuming CCF isn't handing over any ground fees...so....what's happening with all the extra dosh? Its week 9 and I've played 3 games. Here's hoping some explaining starts happening soon.

FFC Mariner

Without bothering to read the fine print, I'd be pretty certain there is no chance of any refunds, weather risk is just too bad probably.

scottmac

Suspended
FFC Mariner said:
Without bothering to read the fine print, I'd be pretty certain there is no chance of any refunds, weather risk is just too bad probably.

We have makeup weekends in Sydney and also have double game weekends at the moment having missed 3 weeks we have used up all our makeup weekends and will play one double weekend i think.

dibo

It's not like CCF is going to be racking up the dosh. In my association, some councils don't give refunds in wet weather. So wet weather just costs us more.

From the dug out

Clubs hire fields, not CCF (other than for Lightning training + Fagan).
CCF might recieve invoice (not sure) however this would only be to forward over to club?
Council send out invoice stating amount per season, based on hours stipulated by council.
Clubs then record how many hours they did not use due to wash outs and recieve reduced fee.
Clubs don't pay for weeks that they cannot use.

offtheball

Can't quite fathom why CCF would abandon all of last weekend when there were clearly six or more grounds fit for play. Surely it would have been logical to get as many games played as possible to reduce the "A" grade backlog.

Wilsons

offtheball said:
Can't quite fathom why CCF would abandon all of last weekend when there were clearly six or more grounds fit for play. Surely it would have been logical to get as many games played as possible to reduce the "A" grade backlog.

Which 6 or more grounds were they??

Kareem

poko said:
^ yes...he already stated he didn't play.

Maybe he's genuinely interested in the local league?

Anyway.....
I apologise for not quoting to make the post easier for you to comprehend
lol

hasbeen

Wilsons said:
offtheball said:

Which 6 or more grounds were they??

Umina for one. I took the deefer for a walk on Sunday and the oval was in great nick. I think they closed the grounds on Sat. night based on a forecast for Sunday which didn't eventuate.

J

jiggles

Games officially off. FOAD CCF AND RAIN AND ALL THIS OTHER SHIT.

*ANGER*

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max Clark