• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week Eleven - local

Wombat

Smashed 5.0 by East gosford (Over 35B)

we were shocking and our keeper did 2 Robert green's and defender set them up with another.

we were so bad i got MOM which is very bad indication of how we went

revilo85

Kareem said:
wyoming vs seu
1-1
Probably the fair result
They had a chance to take it towards the end
We had a chance to make it 2-0 early in 2nd half, if not for a great palm from revilo85

Missing coach (suspension), CM (injury), me (utility- also injury) and gk (at the world cup)
Now our other CM is out (got injured in 1st half)

Thanks mate, sorry I couldn't stay and chat I had to sort my team out, then ref the next game!

Our normal goalie fractured his thumb which is why I was there. I actually didn't have to do much and thought we should have won, but we couldn't finish. Your team is much improved though!

Our comp is looking like an Ourimbah vs The Entrance grand final. I have heard that the Ourimbah officials didn't want that team in the 7's. As they are both undefeated it seems a bit weird both teams are in the 7's. Is it the same Entrance team as last year?

J

jiggles

Cougars lost 5-1 to Wyoming. Not bad considering we only had 10 players, a few who were terribly hungover and we killed wyomings clean sheet. And they had 4 fresh subs. Sigh. Maybe next week.

T

poko said:
Cougars lost 5-1 to Wyoming. Not bad considering we only had 10 players, a few who were terribly hungover and we killed wyomings clean sheet. And they had 4 fresh subs. Sigh. Maybe next week.

You guys played a wonderful game, and one of the goals Wyoming scored was a beautiful goal!!
Not only that, but if the bounce had gone the other way we would have scored 2 against them

Definately not something to hang your heads over. Wyoming are top of the table, with a couple of girls who missed out on playing Premier League as they registered late.

They have 33 goals for and only 8 against....
They played another team with only 9 players and came up with a draw...

So all things considered you guys did brilliantly.
I was also impressed that no one threw up during the game. There were a few times I was a little worried :D

Kareem

revilo85 said:
Kareem said:
wyoming vs seu
1-1
Probably the fair result
They had a chance to take it towards the end
We had a chance to make it 2-0 early in 2nd half, if not for a great palm from revilo85

Missing coach (suspension), CM (injury), me (utility- also injury) and gk (at the world cup)
Now our other CM is out (got injured in 1st half)

Thanks mate, sorry I couldn't stay and chat I had to sort my team out, then ref the next game!

Our normal goalie fractured his thumb which is why I was there. I actually didn't have to do much and thought we should have won, but we couldn't finish. Your team is much improved though!

Our comp is looking like an Ourimbah vs The Entrance grand final. I have heard that the Ourimbah officials didn't want that team in the 7's. As they are both undefeated it seems a bit weird both teams are in the 7's. Is it the same Entrance team as last year?
I've seen Ourimbah play earlier in season (I actually didnt see them play my own team...i was away that day)...nothing special. They seem to be scrappy, with perhaps a good winning mentality. But I dont think your team, and I am adamant my team should be afraid of them...
The Entrance...apparently undefeated for a year and a half...they are a level above ourimbah imo...

girljean

CCF please have some thought for and display some conscience to those who pay your wages through our registration fees. Today we played a tough game. At end of game we considered ourselves great for winning, although only by one goal. This put us in the top 4. We were on top of the moon despite one of our players getting injured and another a yellow card. That was until tonight when we found out that one of the 5 games in our comp was washed out and we will only get a draw. Therefore our result for the day is now a draw with the player who got a knock during the game in a 50/50 tackle now out for the season with a compound fracture and another player now on her third yellow card. Surely if you can make up games for A grade you can make up games when only one in five is washed out in other grades. Have spoken to my Club people and they say that you will say that Clubs voted for this at beginning of season. From what I have found out clubs did not have much option. They had to vote between basically playing half a season with washouts made up or a full season with nothing but A grade made up. Seems to me no choice at all. Players lose out either way.

Whilst I have sympathy for the situation your team is in Girljean, my daughters reply would be at least you got to play. Her team will have played 1 game between 17th may and 17th July because of washouts, byes and a few free weekends.
My other daughter lost her game on the weekend.....which is now officially a "washout" and shes cheering, but you have to feel sorry for the opposition who had their 1st win downgraded to a draw and they are still sitting on the bottom of the table.
I too asked my delegate why did  they vote for this system and was told that they didn't want to vote for any of the systems proposed, but picked what they thought was the best of a bad lot!

Ally

footballmama said:
My other daughter lost her game on the weekend.....which is now officially a "washout" and shes cheering, but you have to feel sorry for the opposition who had their 1st win downgraded to a draw and they are still sitting on the bottom of the table.

I must admit for my team this weekend I am cheering that my game was considered a washout, even though we played. We struggled with only 8 players for most of the game and ended up losing 4 nil.

We know that with a full team we would have done a lot better, might not have won but the score would not have been as bad if we lost. So we will happily accept a draw but I do feel sorry for Kariong, they fought hard and deserved the win on the day.

hasbeen

Whichever system we go with we are the mercy of the elements and a determined season length. This is the unfortunate truth.

hasbeen said:
Whichever system we go with we are the mercy of the elements and a determined season length. This is the unfortunate truth.
Of course there are parts that are beyond our control ie weather and field access (for council fields). CCF could have sent these systems out to the clubs prior to the meeting so they could be discussed with each clubs members, alternatively CCF could have posted them on their own website for all members to view. CCF have our email addresses they could have even emailed them to each member (that has email) CCF chose to spring it on those attending the meeting instead.....to say the clubs voted for this is a massive cop out by the CCF Board.

There are always options it just takes a few forward thinking open minded people

Wilsons

footballmama said:
hasbeen said:
Of course there are parts that are beyond our control ie weather and field access (for council fields). CCF could have sent these systems out to the clubs prior to the meeting so they could be discussed with each clubs members, alternatively CCF could have posted them on their own website for all members to view. CCF have our email addresses they could have even emailed them to each member (that has email) CCF chose to spring it on those attending the meeting instead.....to say the clubs voted for this is a massive cop out by the CCF Board.

There are always options it just takes a few forward thinking open minded people

Do you have a solution? That can work?

J

jiggles

Ally said:
footballmama said:

You guys played FANTASTIC for having only 8 players.
Sucks our win didn't count but at least gives us a bit more enthusiasm, and gives us a bit of motivation for next week!

I must admit for my team this weekend I am cheering that my game was considered a washout, even though we played. We struggled with only 8 players for most of the game and ended up losing 4 nil.

We know that with a full team we would have done a lot better, might not have won but the score would not have been as bad if we lost. So we will happily accept a draw but I do feel sorry for Kariong, they fought hard and deserved the win on the day.

Bear

Wilsons said:
footballmama said:
hasbeen said:

gee let me think...

umm, doing everything they can to make sure washed out rounds are replayed when there is ample time to do so (long weekends, midweek) would be a great start

seeing as thats worked in the past...

hasbeen

Bear said:
Wilsons said:
footballmama said:
hasbeen said:

gee let me think...

umm, doing everything they can to make sure washed out rounds are replayed when there is ample time to do so (long weekends, midweek) would be a great start

seeing as thats worked in the past...

Midweek games are not that easy to arrange. Clubs who have the facilities ie lights (and there aren't many) have to give up training times to accommodate these games because the Councils only allow each club a certain number of hours usage per week. This is one of the main reasons I believe that the U17 / U18 comps were moved to Sundays. The Councils as everyone knows are the real culprits at the bottom of all of this, with their preferences going to League & cricket. The other thing the Councils do, is close grounds on a Friday inspection based on weather forecasts rather than leave the decision to the Clubs themselves whether to open or not. This happened the other week when the Council closed Umina Oval on the Friday, and it was playable on the Sat. and in even better condition on the Sunday.   

girljean

To "footballmama". My sympathy to your daughters and yes we got to play but at a heavy cost to one of our players out for the season and another on tender hooks for a yellow card.
Despite what they say CCF were the instigators of this system and did not give the clubs any option. Talking to my fixtures officer tonight I found out CCF sent out an email today complaining about the number of complaints they are directly receiving about the system and trying to coerce clubs into telling complainants it is not the CCF fault but the fault of the clubs.
Admittedly my fixtures officer thought the sun shone out of both the ex Dir of Comp and also the  ex Draws Administrator. She told me that out of 3,500 games affected by weather last season all but 300 were played and all games played actually counted. In other words only games in which no games in a grade were played were washed out.
She also stated the former Draws Administrator was paid around 10,000 for the year whereas the new competitions manager is paid 60,000 and he he an assistant at around 30,000 plus other office staff to assist him. At this cost, 10 times last year, why cannot CCF at least equal last years efforts if not better them? They got voted in because they stated were going to do a better job. They have not produced.
To 'Hasbeen' My fixtures officer tells me most Saturday washouts were made up as Sunday games last year. In addition addional weeks were added on at end of the season. This year we have seen June longweekend under-utilised. Next weekend 10th and 11th July there are no games Saturday and very few Sunday. Alo where there is space seasons have not had added weekends added on.
Why then cannot CCF at least equal last years effort if not better it?

hasbeen

Girljean, your fixtures officer is not giving you the whole story. Ask them to send you the actual email sent by the CCF explaining the situation and asking for recommendations. As usual the chinese whispers / controlled information wins, as opposed to the actual facts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred