• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week 4 vs Shitney FC

Corsair

One last word, i really hope we can hang on to Farrell. The way he stood up to Caceres was very impressive. Showing maturity well beyond his years. He looked cooked in the last 5 mins or so, unsurprising as he'd had a massive game, otherwise very impressive. Very good defense and a real threat going forward. I hope we can hang on to him for at least this season and hopefully a couple more years. One of those players I'm already taking for granted..."oh good Fazz is in the ball", "don't worry Fazz has it covered"...I have a feeling he's going to get poached fairly quickly.

Corsair

very harsh. And simply not true. Came on when the game plan wasn’t to attack, did a job and ran doggies side to side then was fed scraps/nothing at all.
Maybe you're right, i haven't seen that much of him so far so it's just an early impression. Might be more that I've got doubts about an out and out striker (which he looks like) and his movement fitting in with this team. Then again he's not had much game time to gel yet. If he doesn't get starts he might struggle off the bench. On the flip side I've been asking for an out and out striker for a while!! Hopefully he can grow into the team as the season progresses.

booney

My son-in -law,a Sydney supporter ( my daughter always had questionable taste !) said that Nisbet would likely be a Sydney target if he continues to play like that and he liked Lewis Miller too.Hopefully we can hang onto these young players and the others like Farrell,Steele,Ballard and McCarthy for a couple of seasons and continue to be a very competitive team.

Tsekenis did his job in his spell but should have done better with his header from Roux's cross.Look forward to seeing more of him-he should benefit from playing with Urena,Goddard and Moresche.

Big Dog

We need to give Tsekenis time to adjust to the pace of the game at A-league level. Training helps but it's not the same. He got a great wrap from Nick after his first start a few weeks ago and then was unlucky to be subbed after the Birra send off. Cameo's off the bench aren't easy (unless you're Divock Origi).
I thought a big plus was Harry Steele's game and then losing nothing when Ballard came on. These boys have really stepped up. Looking ahead to when Ollie retires a midfield of Nisbet, Steele and Ballard is pretty soild if we can keep hold of them.

Huddo

My son-in -law,a Sydney supporter ( my daughter always had questionable taste !) said that Nisbet would likely be a Sydney target if he continues to play like that and he liked Lewis Miller too.Hopefully we can hang onto these young players and the others like Farrell,Steele,Ballard and McCarthy for a couple of seasons and continue to be a very competitive team.

Tsekenis did his job in his spell but should have done better with his header from Roux's cross.Look forward to seeing more of him-he should benefit from playing with Urena,Goddard and Moresche.

You'd think that these players would be looking at an OS move before thinking about a move to different club in the same league.

Also noting most of the youth players are now on 2 year contracts to the club, it would be in the club's interests to sell OS, as financial trades are still forbidden.

Finally from a players perspective, if you were looking to advance your career in the next 2 years, why would you leave a stable environment to move to a club that is floundering, and where you would have to re-establish yourself.

Huddo

One last word, i really hope we can hang on to Farrell. The way he stood up to Caceres was very impressive. Showing maturity well beyond his years. He looked cooked in the last 5 mins or so, unsurprising as he'd had a massive game, otherwise very impressive. Very good defense and a real threat going forward. I hope we can hang on to him for at least this season and hopefully a couple more years. One of those players I'm already taking for granted..."oh good Fazz is in the ball", "don't worry Fazz has it covered"...I have a feeling he's going to get poached fairly quickly.
I thought he signed a 2 year contract.

turbo

Finally from a players perspective, if you were looking to advance your career in the next 2 years, why would you leave a stable environment to move to a club that is floundering, and where you would have to re-establish yourself.
This. As long as we are paying them appropriately and not trying to pull some scholarship nonsense (and if we are upgrade them soon) then we are the best place for them to be. Other clubs have their own young players trying to break through too (like Nieuwenhof) but only getting sporadic patches of game time. They picked up O'Toole from Newcastle and he hasnt even made the bench - 50 a league games behind him and now nowhere to be seen. WSW have some decent young defenders and cast them aside for older players. Even Nisbet would be at risk of being cast aside for a shiny new visa player in some of the bigger teams regardless of whether its warranted.

We arent the sinking ship of a few years ago.

FFC Mariner

You'd think that these players would be looking at an OS move before thinking about a move to different club in the same league.

Also noting most of the youth players are now on 2 year contracts to the club, it would be in the club's interests to sell OS, as financial trades are still forbidden.

See the entry under Bouhagier T

FFC Mariner

On the game - I was confident pre game and that never really wavered. They seemed to collectively stop playing at 2-0 down and we werent ever in any real danger. Peahearts like Caceres are not going to help you when you are battling :)

The narrative seems to be all about their injuries (because the squad is so old) and the fact that they played midweek (your squad isnt fit either)

My personal view is that they are displaying all the signs of an Arnie side that is past its useby date. (Like the Socceroos) - they need a complete reboot. They havent blooded their youth and are now paying the price. It isnt Corica's side, he hasnt done anything.

We were excellnt all over the park,clinically put away our opponents and our tempo was excellent. Who knew that Miller had that in him?

I knew Steele was a good player but he looks like he has 50 games. Ditto Farrell.

Huddo

See the entry under Bouhagier T

Bouhagier was completely different, bloke wasn't getting the feed at the mariners. To be in the shop window noting CCM's abysmal record at the time, he needed to find a club that would offer him that.

The management and direction of the club at the time was toxic, and noting Paulos ethos of ball possession, his only attribute of speed was basically mooted.

Also personally I don't believe that Trent is that good, he's got pace, but he has the first touch of a rapist, and his second isn't much better.

FFC Mariner

Bouhagier was completely different, bloke wasn't getting the feed at the mariners. To be in the shop window noting CCM's abysmal record at the time, he needed to find a club that would offer him that.

The management and direction of the club at the time was toxic, and noting Paulos ethos of ball possession, his only attribute of speed was basically mooted.

Also personally I don't believe that Trent is that good, he's got pace, but he has the first touch of a rapist, and his second isn't much better.
Was dire yesterday I thought. To stand out as shit in that performance is some achievement

turbo

My personal view is that they are displaying all the signs of an Arnie side that is past its useby date. (Like the Socceroos) - they need a complete reboot. They havent blooded their youth and are now paying the price. It isnt Corica's side, he hasnt done anything.
You cant put all that on Arnie, Corica has had 2 or 3 seasons now, if he isnt planning for his team ageing that's his issue not GAs. He was handed a brilliantly running machine and hasnt kept up the maintenance so now its slowly falling apart.

Allreet?

I laughed when they signed Kamsoba but he's one of the few regularly pushing forward and trying to create. I'll eat my words on that pickup.
He was the only player that concerned me. Very elusive, but we managed him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami