• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Week 4 vs Shitney FC

Wombat

It was a great evening. The Mariners served up some of the best Football seen at CCS for 7 or 8 years. All of the boys were switched on tonight and Nizz, Cy and Marcos sliced them up repeatedly.

Not one of our players had a bad game, everyone was outstanding. The stadium was buzzing for the last 5 minutes. It was lovely to watch.

Birraz 8. Never looked like conceding but does owe the post a drink.
Miller 8.5. Confident and simply excellent. Very professional tonight.
Farrell. 8.5. This kid is amazing. Cool with the ball and clever too. Defended resolutely.
Hall 8. Rock solid.
Kye 8. Never put a foot wrong. Read the game like a scholar.
Cy 8.5. Superb. What a great little player. 1pt.
Olli 8. Very calming performance
Steele 8. He is a nice player and was very solid. It's going to be a massive battle for this spot because Max Ballard was brilliant when he came on too.
Nizzy 9. He ripped Sydney apart. His workrate is incredible as is his touch. If he scored it would have been 9.5. MOM 3pts
Moreshe 8. I'm loving this bloke. Fantastic finish and looks super confident. 1pt.
Marcos 8.5. Led from the front tonight. Classy goal and a classy performance 2pts.

scottmac

Suspended
It was a great evening. The Mariners served up some of the best Football seen at CCS for 7 or 8 years. All of the boys were switched on tonight and Nizz, Cy and Marcos sliced them up repeatedly.

Not one of our players had a bad game, everyone was outstanding. The stadium was buzzing for the last 5 minutes. It was lovely to watch.

Farrell. 8.5. This kid is amazing. Cool with the ball and clever too. Defended resolutely.
Hall 8. Rock solid.
Steele 8. He is a nice player and was very solid. It's going to be a massive battle for this spot because Max Ballard was brilliant when he came on too.
Nizzy 9. He ripped Sydney apart. His workrate is incredible as is his touch. If he scored it would have been 9.5. MOM 3pts
Moreshe 8. I'm loving this bloke. Fantastic finish and looks super confident. 1pt.
Marcos 8.5. Led from the front tonight. Classy goal and a classy performance 2pts.
Can't give Nizzy 3 points or 9 rating when missing a dead cert header. Otherwise, you're fairly spot on.

Ancient Mariner

Five of the ten outfield players in tonight's game were CCM Academy products, as were three of the four subs.
Thank you for those who believed this was the path for the Club to follow, especially Anton for all his support.
I would like to think that other clubs could learn from this model. It can only be good for Australian football.
Another club may buy the championship, but I am sure they can not get the satisfaction and sheer joy that we get from watching our kids taking on the overpaid "stars" and ripping them a new one.

Michael

What a massive win.
We blew them away the first 20-25mins and a very professional job second half, spread some minutes around for the subs too.
Couple take aways for me, Miller starts every game from this point so long as he’s physically able. Storm has quickly reverted back to his old liable self. Steele was great again (despite a couple greenhorn errors)
Cy was top drawer borderline unplayable for some of the first half. Nizzy still can’t finish but was excellent otherwise. Ollie unsurprisingly at his usual elite level.
credit where it’s due, Marco had his most effective game for us to date IMO. Balard great cameo.
Everyone bar storm were excellent. Moresche MOTM for me.

Michael

Five of the ten outfield players in tonight's game were CCM Academy products, as were three of the four subs.
Thank you for those who believed this was the path for the Club to follow, especially Anton for all his support.
I would like to think that other clubs could learn from this model. It can only be good for Australian football.
Another club may buy the championship, but I am sure they can not get the satisfaction and sheer joy that we get from watching our kids taking on the overpaid "stars" and ripping them a new one.
As I’m sure many remember the famous Man U class of ‘92. We had our mini version of that with our class of 2011 (sains, bernie, musti, maty, Fitzy, caceres, duke etc etc)
I firmly believe our new class of 2020 can do something very special, perhaps not this season, but keep them together for atleast 2 seasons….

Ancient Mariner

Wombat has summed it all up perfectly, for me, but just a couple of observations.
Miller absolutely terrorised Sydney tonight. He may make mistakes and may let his emotions get the better of him at times, but for me he is our right fullback.
Storm unfortunately seemed to be in a different time zone. I got thumped by Mrs Ancient for saying he was like an old woman on the ball.
Nizzy in the warm ups is one of our best shooters. He is snatching at his shots. His problem is in his head. Hopefully he can get it sorted soon and he will then be a Socceroo.
Second half was a training exercise in closing out a match. A shame in some ways, I would have loved another 7-2 win, however a very important exercise for the future.
This team can still improve more.

true believer

Hall 8. Rock solid.
i think nizzy bombing 2 sitters counts against for mom
i thought ollie was world class mom

Avoca

He was playing just in front of me for most of the first half. That was the only way they could get Cy. The guy is very good off both feet. Our 3 visa players on the pitch today all made a difference.
There was a few shameful challenges on Cy by the Smurfs. However, we played on, & a few moments later, we scored.

Forum Phoenix

Hall 8. Rock solid.

I'm abducting this match report and raising as if it was my own.

Forum Phoenix

Steve "you're just a shit Graham Arnold" Corica — awesome job in the bay today team — is in serious f**king trouble.

When you're pulling Bobo, Burgess, Ninkovic then Lefondre to try and win a game, you're in seriously deep shit. These players are unlikely to accept or see themselves as the problem. Unless he can reinvigorate them, he's in a lose, lose. Play them and they can't do the job and you're screwed, bench them and ooooh boy the dressing room will turn to shit and players will be muttering to staff...

Needs Brattan, Barbarouses and Grant back ASAP to save his arse. Otherwise first coach to be sacked this year,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami