• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

We will win the wooden spoon next year!

dibo

BJ said:
In the short history of the A-League, we have had the best Premiership defence of ANY side.

adelaide were a jammy james robinson goal away from hosting the season 2 GF, and then after beating the scum in a shootout lost the grand final 6-0 the year after winning the first premiership.

not that i would have preferred our season to end *that* way...

scottmac

Suspended
dibo said:
BJ said:
In the short history of the A-League, we have had the best Premiership defence of ANY side.

adelaide were a jammy james robinson goal away from hosting the season 2 GF, and then after beating the scum in a shootout lost the grand final 6-0 the year after winning the first premiership.

not that i would have preferred our season to end *that* way...

So thats second best defence of the premiership then.

football101 said:
FMMH said:
Wombat said:
I hope things change but with the current back four and squad in general we will be looking at a battle with Wellington for the Wooden Spoon next year.
Even those tossers a Bling FC look better placed that us for next year.

you sir, are an idiot!

No mate, he's just stating the bloody obvious!

We have not failed this season at all and go into V5 with a very similar side. The mariners will be ready for V5 who knows what will happen between now & then. The football played late second half last night promises much.

I think osman may be a bigger loss than i first thought though. Wish it were Hutch leaving in his place.

blastbum

I thought the "McKINNA OUT!!!!!!!!" thread was the leading contender for the worst thread in the Marinators Forum history. I was wrong.

Wombat

Penrith9103 said:
Wombat said:
kanewillow said:
your sir are kidding ur self

Really, explain why?

We have a bad month, and you want to right us off for next season ???
You've had too much to drink.
Go to bed !!!!!

Yep, I had, had a few, and was very upset after a woeful last 5 weeks.

However 3 hours later my wife went into labour and we now have a new mini Marinator...therefore i'm feeling very optomistic atm.

However, we DO need to inject some quality into the side.

Blackadder

Wombat said:
I hope things change but with the current back four and squad in general we will be looking at a battle with Wellington for the Wooden Spoon next year.

Oh well prehaps will get rid of those in Bay 16 that refuse to sing and show any support for the team...everything has a positive :)

dibo

Blackadder said:
Wombat said:

Oh well prehaps will get rid of those in Bay 16 that refuse to sing and show any support for the team...everything has a positive :)

for all the grumbling and bitching on here, there are more people actively supporting in bay 16 than ever before.

marconigirl

ryan said:
This thread is a joke. Next year is season 5 and we make the Grand Final every 2nd year ie season 1 & 3. I am getting very tired of all these pessimistic threads when we have just been in the Finals and will be competing in Asia. Qld on current form may well win the Grand Final but there were positive signs in the second half and with a bit of support I'm sure the lads will have another good season next year

From the beginning I have thought that this was (would be) our 'bad' year... I had noticed that Season 1 good, 2= bad, 3= good, 4 = Even though we made it into top 4 = bad...
So hopefully this will continue and next year will = good... :D

dibo

the second good year was better than the first, the second bad year was better than the first, surely we're set to do the double next year.

right? ;)

clarence

Won't win the wooden spoon next year, believe Newcastle are firm favourites for that.

With the A-League expanding next season, it will be interesting to see what the quality of players are in each squad. I feel that both NQ and GCU have done enough decent recruiting to get results, although I strongly doubt that GCU will go through undefeated like their owner, Palmer wants. NQ's hopes are pinning on Fowler and how he faces up after a layoff and the heat up there.

I think the big surprise might be the decline of Sydney for this coming season. I suspect they will go through a rebuild season and be thankful to get close to final 4 (is it still final 4 next season, btw?).

Our squad is very static from this season to next. That is either going to be good or bad, depending upon whether the other teams improve their player quality or not in real terms (leave the reputations at the door please).

woodchuck

Marquee Player, and for all the right reasons, - Bums on seats.  If management fail to bring in a high profile player we will continue with the same rable we have been dishing up !  Wow the partnership with SUFC seems to be working wonders, can't even get a loan player for the ACL, but don't worry we have Kwas. 
And to those who question the pesemistic views on these forums, give yourselves an uppercut, we have been sitting watching mostly shite for months ! and we are entitled to our opinion as much as you LM lovers !!! 

Ranyen

On the positive side - if we win the wooden spoon, Mariners Merch will go down in price as the stores will have excess stock the bandwagon jumpers didn't buy because we were losing. So we can stock up for the next season!!!!

RADINHO

seriously a team cant be based on 1 player called Jedinak! Jedinak was doing 10 other players jobs ;he was keeping defence tight, he was running the midfield and was the enforcer, he was our set piece specialst and he was bagging a lot of our goals! ever since he left we have lost every game!

Honestly who ever has a stake in this club im tellin u to look deep down in your pockets and stop being tight arse's

Paolo

woodchuck said:
Marquee Player, and for all the right reasons, - Bums on seats.  If management fail to bring in a high profile player we will continue with the same rable we have been dishing up !  Wow the partnership with SUFC seems to be working wonders, can't even get a loan player for the ACL, but don't worry we have Kwas. 
you cant just send a player....the player must agree.

How many players do you think are going to want to leave the Championship for the a-league AND take a pay cut at the same time??

RADINHO

Paolo said:
woodchuck said:
you cant just send a player....the player must agree.

How many players do you think are going to want to leave the Championship for the a-league AND take a pay cut at the same time??

Dwight Yorke did but the mainers board men are tight arse's

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred