• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WC 2010 squad

jarrad

So lets play with Ruka just above Cahill as the long striker, yes?

Prefered first XI - (Due to hating Pimball)

Schwarzer
Ratboy Meggsi Neill Chippers
Grella Jedi
Bresc Cahill Kool
Ruka

Bit of pace up front for once.
60th minute changes to Kool and Bresc for Emmo and Vidosic.
Other change not to fust, based on how they're playing.

scottmac

Suspended
Great to see Kewell involved in full training this morning. Aussies are looking good for the cup and i am sure that while not being the most threatening team up front we will be very very hard to score against.

2 x 1 - 0 ugly's please for a shot at the motherland!

dibo

scottmac said:
2 x 1 - 0 ugly's please for a shot at the motherland!

+1. It's our team. I'd love to see us sneak on through. I'd love us to get a reputation as a team you simply never want in your group. If we play ugly, that's not a lot of fun but getting to the pointy end of tournaments is pretty enjoyable. Just ask Italy.

serious14

Realising that we're stuck with 4-2-3-1 for the tournament, my preferred starting XI on form and usefulness within the system and such.

---------------------Schwarzer----------------------
Wilkshire---------Neill----------Beauchamp----Chippers
----------------Jedinak-----Culina--------------------
Emerton---------------Cahill--------------------Kewell
----------------------Kennedy-----------------------

Wilkshire and Emerton can swap whenever - and I trust Jedinak more in the midfield than Grella at the moment - Vinnie seems to be extra angry lately, and I don't think World Cup referees would put up with his style of "tackling" for very long.  We don't want to be in a ten man situation against..... well, anyone really.

Second half subs - Carney on for Chippers, Valeri for whichever of the 2 DM's are the most tired/the least effective, Vidosic on for Kennedy if he's having an off day, or possibly one of the DM's, switch to a disguised (Pim style) 4-4-2 with Kewell, Kennedy, and Dario rotating the responsibility of the two up front.  Bresciano if one of the two on the right are having a bad day.

Holman to break his leg against the USA and not feature in the tournament _at all_.  The thought of that clown being on a field (he doesn't play football, whatever it is he does) against the likes of Mertesacker, Vidic and co., quite frankly scares me.  F*ck I hate him.

:fireup:

P.S.  The last time we played Germany in Africa, we wiped the floor with them (suck it Rommel).  No reason we can't do it again.

Mr Cleansheets

You pretty much mirror my own thoughts Serious, with a couple of changes - I'd prefer Ruka off the bench to Vidosic, and while I remain deeply suspicious of his aging legs, I thought Moore was a 1000% better the other night (than against the Pointy Heads) so will doubtless win his place. My last point...and I feel like the Fonz trying to say he was wrong...Holman played well the other night. I've become so used to wallowing in schadenfreude every time he plays - taking delight in every bad pass, miscontrolled ball, skied shot and stupid hair band - that I sat there in some bewilderment the other night as, not only did he fail to screw up, he gave us the pace and penetration that had been so sorely missed. Mind you, one swallow does not a piss-up make. 

Kareem

Mr Cleansheets said:
You pretty much mirror my own thoughts Serious, with a couple of changes - I'd prefer Ruka off the bench to Vidosic, and while I remain deeply suspicious of his aging legs, I thought Moore was a 1000% better the other night (than against the Pointy Heads) so will doubtless win his place. My last point...and I feel like the Fonz trying to say he was wrong...Holman played well the other night. I've become so used to wallowing in schadenfreude every time he plays - taking delight in every bad pass, miscontrolled ball, skied shot and stupid hair band - that I sat there in some bewilderment the other night as, not only did he fail to screw up, he gave us the pace and penetration that had been so sorely missed. Mind you, one swallow does not a piss-up make. 
+ 1 on Ruka and Holman. I was shocked by Holman, here's hoping he backs it up!

hasbeen

Germany have trimmed their squad down to 23 and it contains no less than 6 strikers ... maybe we could borrow one ...

tyson

serious14 said:
---------------------Schwarzer----------------------
Wilkshire---------Neill----------Beauchamp----Chippers
----------------Jedinak-----Culina--------------------
Emerton---------------Cahill--------------------Kewell
----------------------Kennedy-----------------------

Same. Beauchamp has a bit more pace and height, although Moore played well against Denmark. I'd prefer Jedinak alongside Culina as well. I think Grella just gets in Culina's way. Jedinak does a lot of the things Grella does, without the aggressive fouls, and wins just about every ball in the air.

FFC Mariner

Grella has shown in the last 2 warm up games htat he will be a liability in the WC itself unless he pulls his head in.

Will last 20 mins or less with the Chermans diving and cheating if he tackles them.

tuftman

I'd like to see Jedi there as well, and hopefully Culina gets a license from Pim to roam forward(doubt it'll happen though) I thought we've looked more dangerous when he gets wide areas as opposed to being stuck in the centre of the park the whole time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred