• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wasted Squad Positions

dibo

kwas scored more goals than mark bridge last year and has scored more than him over the last 3 seasons. while kwas is bagged constantly by certain sections of our supoprt, bridge just got snapped up for silly money by sydney and some parts of our support rave about andre gumprecht, who, while a lovely bloke, didn't offer half when fully fit what kwasnik did when playing most of the season carrying an injury. is he going to have to personally blow every member of the anti-kwassie club to get some respect?

skilbeck

uncleyellow said:
Im sure we can look to get a few goals from other areas of the pitch too...

Ie hutcho, Jedi etc

not to mention Caceres averaged goals for Melbourne at about 1 every 6.5 games despite playing off the bench for a lot of those games and Elrich averaged 1 every 6.3 games at PP while Lawrie was there.
Then theres our all time top scorer: Kwasnik, who has averaged 1 goal every 4 games

EDIT Dibo beat me to it

Jesus

Jesus
I think 4 strikers (assuming nik stays) is enough. Since Kwas and hutch can cover there.
5 out and out strikers in a 23 man squad seems a waste to me. Bring in a gun striker in the youth league, and you have your backup.

mustapha_beer

Firstly, Dibo, there is no such thing as anti-Kwas, anti-Gumps or anti-any other Mariners player. We all have our favourites, regardless of what that preference is based on (how nice a bloke they are, how good looking, how many goals they score, how many tackles they put in etc....) Likewise, we all have our opinion on who is good enough for the first team and who isn't......I'm not pretending to speak for everyone, but for me, it's nothing personal.

Secondly, while Kwas (and Caceres for Melbourne) have done reasonably well to chip in with a few goals, it's dangerous to just assume that they will fill any shortfall of goals on the part of the forwards. The majority of goals should come from the forward line, and I simply can't see that being the case with the guys we have at the moment....as I've said, I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Jesus

Jesus
If kwas scores 4 goals he will be more than he weight in gold. I am sure he will chip in 5 or 6, as well as his usual assists, as well as tiring defences with his charges down the line that create so much space for us.

skilbeck

Jesus said:
If kwas scores 4 goals he will be more than he weight in gold. I am sure he will chip in 5 or 6, as well as his usual assists, as well as tiring defences with his charges down the line that create so much space for us.

Think about the night he owned T Elrich and the jets. That was his performance of the season IMO. I reckon Kwas, A Elrich and Caceres is going to be a massive selection headache at the start of the season for LM

Wombat

dibo said:
kwas scored more goals than mark bridge last year and has scored more than him over the last 3 seasons. while kwas is bagged constantly by certain sections of our supoprt, bridge just got snapped up for silly money by sydney and some parts of our support rave about andre gumprecht, who, while a lovely bloke, didn't offer half when fully fit what kwasnik did when playing most of the season carrying an injury. is he going to have to personally blow every member of the anti-kwassie club to get some respect?

You know f**k all about talent if you think Kwas is half the player Gumpy is.

The only way he will get my respect is to consitantly perform to the same level as Gumps/Jedi/Hutcho/Podeljak.  Cross and pass consitantly and hit the target more often and reduce his error rate.  Good squad player for mine but thats it.

dibo

Wombat said:
dibo said:

The only way he will get my respect is to consitantly perform to the same level as Gumps/Jedi/Hutcho/Podeljak.  Cross and pass consitantly and hit the target more often and reduce his error rate.  Good squad player for mine but thats it.

you're free to think what you like about kwas, gumps and my assessment of both. i think kwas is the better of the two just now.

FFC Mariner

dibo said:
Wombat said:
dibo said:

you're free to think what you like about kwas, gumps and my assessment of both. i think kwas is the better of the two just now.

Lawrie first coached Kwassie when he was 12 (so I think I remember him saying at the Marinators night??). He is our leading goalscorer and the coach who has taken the leagues most unfancied club to 2 out of 3 post season cup finals rates him.

That'll do me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred