• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Vukovic gobbled up by Turkey'

Forum Phoenix

Bloody hell. Hopefully people are helping him organise some trials and it will be one of those "all worked out for the best" things...

Danny's quality. It'll shine through eventually.

Redshirt

Sad about what happened. Just hope he doesn't get stuck in the English lower leagues... perhaps a European mainland club?

Jesus

Jesus
442 and PFA suggesting it was a foreign player quota that is why they cut him for an outfield player.

FIFA will rule with him and they will have to pay him out, though he will be waiting for a long time while it is heard i am sure.

Does anyone know what sort of a transfer fee they paid for him?

RADINHO

442 and PFA suggesting it was a foreign player quota that is why they cut him for an outfield player.

FIFA will rule with him and they will have to pay him out, though he will be waiting for a long time while it is heard i am sure.

Does anyone know what sort of a transfer fee they paid for him?

Mariners terminated his contract to let him move overseas i'm pretty sure.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/turkish-delight-turns-sour-for-vukovic-20100816-126h2.html

Sign Vuko up :D

MagpieMariner

Marinermick's right, we can't screw Jess. And I'm not at all sure we'd gain by having Danny in his place either.
Much as I enjoyed Danny's work, and would be very happy if he was still with us under other circumstances, we don't owe him anything. He chose to leave to further his career. We don't begrudge him his chance, but we also don't owe him his place back if it didn't work.
I really hope he gets a new gig somewhere overseas, or at least with another A-league club if overseas doesn't happen. I can think of at least three A-league clubs whose 'keepers would be shat on by Danny. Just as long as it's not the Scum.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL....Big McCallister did Vooks a solid and flattened the Nux keeper at training....if nothing else, its a spot till he can hit the UK or Europe transfer windows again

Teddy Bear

We need a good back up. Can't help thinking its only a matter of time before Jess is out with his injury.

RADINHO

Some shit must have gone down considering they paid a transfer fee for him. I assume the Mariners will still receive that despite this??

What transfer fee?

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1018512/Mariners-fight-for-their-money

Another Twist in the tail of the Vukovic Saga...

Central Coast Mariners have appealed to FIFA over Turkish club Konyaspor’s decision to tear up their former goalkeeper Danny Vukovic’s contract.

The Mariners have expressed dismay at the news that Vukovic has had his three-year contract terminated and claim they are still owed the transfer fee.

The Mariners understand Vukovic was informed of the club’s decision not to honour the deal late last week and is now likely to be forced into seeking a new club at the eleventh hour.

“Danny had been training with the club for over five weeks and had played in six friendlies, and by all accounts he had begun to fit in well there, so it’s certainly a shock to hear they’ve suddenly decided not to honour his contract,” said Mariners CEO John McKay.

“We have now entered into a formal dispute process through FIFA over Konyaspor’s failure to pay us the agreed transfer fee, of which we have been waiting on for some time, and which the Turkish club had originally assured we would receive by the end of last week.”

Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) is now working to assist the 25-year-old in finding another club and the Mariners are fully supportive of helping one of their foundation squad members continue his promising career.

“As I understand it remains a dream of Danny’s to play at the top level in Europe despite this setback and the Mariners will certainly be fully supportive of him in assisting where we can to aid his future playing prospects and with his own dispute with the Turkish club,” McKay said.

Alicia

What's happened to Danny is unfortunate, but it's the gamble any player takes making the transition overseas.

He took a leap of faith, unfortunately it didn't work out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred