• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

U20 World Cup

hasbeen

curious said:
Kareem said:
[
Danning would be mid-club EPL at best, probs same with Tahj (whom I love)
Mid club epl? You're overstating potential on what's been seen as this stage aren't you?

Only by miles, seeing as these players can't hold down a regular spot in their A-League sides (on a par with Blue Square Premier League if you're lucky) ...

Jesus

Jesus
hasbeen said:
curious said:
Kareem said:
[
Danning would be mid-club EPL at best, probs same with Tahj (whom I love)
Mid club epl? You're overstating potential on what's been seen as this stage aren't you?

Only by miles, seeing as these players can't hold down a regular spot in their A-League sides (on a par with Blue Square Premier League if you're lucky) ...

It is impossible to tell, especially at this early stage for the youngsters.

Hell Viduka never went higher than Celtic and newcastle, and he had some good offers

Kalac was at AC Milan, and rarely played, yet he could have gone to Roma at the time and been number 1.

Cahil is at everton, and alot of people think he is the best aussie player, but he is not at what is regarded as a big club internationally.

Kewell is at Gala, and liverpool fans seem to wish he had never been there, in which case he would never have been at a big club.

Neil never to a big club

Chippers has not played at a higher level than some in the u/20 team and is a great player IMO

Wilkshire has played no where big

Emerton has not made a big club

Culina made PSV only

Schwarzer has not played at a big club

Tobin no big club

Wade no big club

Vidmar only rangers/borough

Aloisi never a big club

Arnold no big club

A Vidmar only Feynoord

The list goes on. The point is We have had a solid team without anyone stepping up to the highest level. That player is who we need to produce, and are endevouring to produce.

But i dont think that the current young crop, playing in europe and asia is any less equipt than the past.

The main thing is they need to play. And learn. They will.

Kareem

hey...hang on a sec
We were asked who do we think will make it to a big club
I made my comments on Tahj & Danning as the cream of the crop at this point in time...
I stand by my comments to a theoretical question...

Jesus

Jesus
Kareem said:
hey...hang on a sec
I made my comments on Tahj & Danning as the cream of the crop at this point in time...

My point is there have often been players playing at clubs way better than them, and the other way around. Potential is also hard to guess as some players never take the next step up despite promise and hard work

And that some of these guys i think we undersell because they are not already in first teams of good sides in europe

Kareem

ofcourse...i mean Grella has been gun for us and look where he is at...
Schwarzer (The national's team best ever GK)(IMO 2nd best Aussie gk, Bozza 1st), has relatively insignificant club experiences compared to Bozza & Kalac...

not to mention there is always that someone special who somehow makes it despite missing out on junior Australian teams...
ala Chipperfield

Forum Phoenix

Kareem said:
hey...hang on a sec

I think those are fair calls fwiw.
:tophat:

Roy Law

Only Mooy has the potential and the skills to make it at the highest level (calling Bolton in the EPL the highest level :)). Some of the others - Kanta, Rooney, Holland perhaps may make lesser european or championship level. Redmayne scared the life out of me against Brazil, another Trott, I think - hope Danny never leaves!

serious14

Roy Law said:
(calling Bolton in the EPL the highest level :))

No.

Just........ no.  Bolton do not play "football" as we know it.  They're a shit club in a shit town with a shit stadium that looks like an alien's arse - they're just shit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred