• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

U20 World Cup

Forum Phoenix

:piralaugh:
:tv:
Like you'd be anywhere else  ;)
The refereeing is simply absurd - no wonder South Americans learn to dive...
Fall over = foul.

Forum Phoenix

:redcard:
Filthy cheating, diving, scamming moaning writhing Costa Ricans!!!
Minnicon should have stuck his boot right up his ass.

Jurmannnnn.... pleasssseeeee do not shoot!
:headbutt:

Sean

We played to Costa Rica's game and were outdone by a team who have been playing this way for years. It was good however watching Australia play a different style, I really enjoyed watching Mooy although alot of his passes were too slow and we were then found out on the counter.

Forum Phoenix

We were in that game, despite the final score. Just need to be tighter at the back and more patient up front still.

Kareem

bouzanis has been far from impressive if you ask me...I hope he is out of form- coz if he is Australia's future, then I'm feeling a bit nervous!

hasbeen

Kareem said:
bouzanis has been far from impressive if you ask me...I hope he is out of form- coz if he is Australia's future, then I'm feeling a bit nervous!

I saw the goals on TV and the keeper was hardly to blame .. I'd be looking at the whole squad and feeling more than a bit nervous ...

pjennings

My Bouzanis critique

First goal - seemed to be in a good position - little reaction - possibly unsighted. Defence more to blame.

Second goal - mix up with De Vere - could well come from not playing enough together - but he needs to take some blame - it's his area - he needs to control it. 

Third goal - got a hand to it - stronger hands would have pushed it wide.

Forum Phoenix

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:

I saw the goals on TV and the keeper was hardly to blame .. I'd be looking at the whole squad and feeling more than a bit nervous ...

I thought the squads seemed ok. 3 zip wasn't an accurate reflection of the game. Even down to 10 we were in it. But Brazil will be a better measuring tape.

I'm not toooooo worried because It's not like all your under 20's end up playing as the next generation, a few from multiple generations will end up being your national team.
But your still right Hasbeen, I'm just not sure who the next big guns for the next generation are going to be?

Who are our next Harry Kewell, Timmy Cahill, Brett Emerton, Viduka, etc...?

Really? What young Australians do do people think will end up playing for big clubs in the top leagues?

Kareem

hasbeen said:
Kareem said:

nah, only a few will go on
apart from kantarovski (WOW!!!), Danning, Minniecon, and our RB (and maybe Jurman & Mooy )- I couldnt give a crap
Danning needs a lot of work on his decision making!

EDIT: Saw FP's post- +1

Kantarovski should definitely go onto bigger things...apart from him I dunno
Danning would be mid-club EPL at best, probs same with Tahj (whom I love)

And Bouzanis technically is already at a big club...although dunno if being a junior is worth anything (eg. VS)

Kareem

i rate him a-league level ;), want him for mariners...and he is coming off contract...
reason: HE HAS PACE! Just want one electric player...

curious

Kareem said:
[
Danning would be mid-club EPL at best, probs same with Tahj (whom I love)
Mid club epl? You're overstating potential on what's been seen as this stage aren't you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred