• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Turbulence (then calm sailing, then turbulence) thread.

style_cafe

I remember many years ago watching the cricket at SCG, and there were guys (Uni students, the ones I knew) going round through the crowd selling ice creams & dogs, doing a roaring trade. I'd be happy if the same happened at CCS, I no longer buy because of the queues. Give somebody a little bit extra income too.

This year has been disgraceful in the catering dept.
250 bloody degrees in the Eastern Stand & one has to walk behind the western stand for an ice-cream.
Don`t get me started!!!!

nearlyyellow

I remember many years ago watching the cricket at SCG, and there were guys (Uni students, the ones I knew) going round through the crowd selling ice creams & dogs, doing a roaring trade. I'd be happy if the same happened at CCS, I no longer buy because of the queues. Give somebody a little bit extra income too.
Yeah, but you'd never, never, buy a doggie from the bloke outside the ground with his metho powered hot dog stand. If you did, in a state of alcohol hazed (lack of) intelligence, it was a certain invitation to a dose of the trots. I remember doing that too many times when I were a lud, you take some time to learn your lessons when you are 19 or so.

dibo

If anyone has read a bit of Terry Pratchett's stuff (*sniff*) they'll know what I mean when I say that guy *always* reminds me of CMOT Dibbler - he struggles to make both ends meat.

MagpieMariner

Yeah, but you'd never, never, buy a doggie from the bloke outside the ground with his metho powered hot dog stand. If you did, in a state of alcohol hazed (lack of) intelligence, it was a certain invitation to a dose of the trots. I remember doing that too many times when I were a lud, you take some time to learn your lessons when you are 19 or so.
I used to go to the trots BEFORE I had the dog from the guy outside. :)

nearlyyellow

If anyone has read a bit of Terry Pratchett's stuff (*sniff*) they'll know what I mean when I say that guy *always* reminds me of CMOT Dibbler - he struggles to make both ends meat.
Yah, died of early Alzheimers, sadly. I didn't read the Discworld series, but I have read The Long Earth, I have the Long Mars and The Long War yet to read. I don't know the quote you refer to but I agree with (*sniff*).

nearlyyellow

I used to go to the trots BEFORE I had the dog from the guy outside. :)
There was some sort of crime investigation into the hot doggie stands overlords. From memory they were using the franchises to launder money, ill gotten gains from elsewhere. That was back in the 70-80's though. The guys behind the trollies looked like people who didn't have another job, if you know what I mean. Geeze, I can still smell the doggies cooking. Pah!

Wombat

Haha
My ex brother in law took the law into his own hands after consuming one cold "hot" dog too many outside Sheila's nightclub at North Sydney.....he had words with the vendor and when the refund didn't come he tipped his stand over, which not surprisingly led to a punch up.....and a conviction for assault and criminal damage.
Most expensive feed he ever had.

MagpieMariner

There was some sort of crime investigation into the hot doggie stands overlords. From memory they were using the franchises to launder money, ill gotten gains from elsewhere. That was back in the 70-80's though. The guys behind the trollies looked like people who didn't have another job, if you know what I mean. Geeze, I can still smell the doggies cooking. Pah!
That was when I used to go. I didn't mind the ones outside Harold Park, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one outside Wenty Park. :)

Atomic

I disliked Bruce immensely. He struck me as someone that belonged on the Gold Coast, selling real estate, or used cars. I dont think he was able to get his head around the unique challenges of the Central Coast. I agree 100% with Yoda. In fairness, he was probably on a hiding to nothing, given his boss was MC.

The thing that really shitted me about Bruce is the way he used to walk around with the team after the game and take the applause of the crowd.

pjennings

Maybe he can get on the line to Russell Crowe - he seems to have plenty of money to invest . Rusty wants to invest in Leeds - we have an owner that is a Leeds supporter. :innocent:

Roy Law

I disliked Bruce immensely. He struck me as someone that belonged on the Gold Coast, selling real estate, or used cars. I dont think he was able to get his head around the unique challenges of the Central Coast. I agree 100% with Yoda. In fairness, he was probably on a hiding to nothing, given his boss was MC.

The thing that really shitted me about Bruce is the way he used to walk around with the team after the game and take the applause of the crowd.
Right from his appointment I said he could not be trusted; The Gold Coast analogy is a pretty good summation

nearlyyellow

Nah, he won't do, he can't spell properaly
Skills Summary
I regards my self as a people manager with strong flare for brand management

;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members