• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

trial games/results

Kareem

the alternative would be...6 and 7 team split
thats not as good IMO- it would be pretty bad having to play same teams over + and over (a few 6 team leagues over the years, played each team 4 times, too many!)

Kareem

i agree 100% with 13 teams
im not baggin CCF- i'm actually defending them
not to mention it also proves to be somewat of a grading (some teams felt the force of ourimbah and doyalson who were in wrong grade last season in 18B's, Doylo posted 8-1, 10-4 wins, OUR- 12-0, 10-2 wins)- which at that age is a bit dubious IMO!

Part_Timer

got towled 4-1 in ressies and lost in last 2 mins in 1st 2-1, morisset vs cooks hill ...was 1st game of season proper

Alicia

Peachos said:
does anyone know if theres a place where the full 1st week draw is?

I'm going to assume that in usual CCF fashion, draw for this weekend only will be released... on Thursday.

Alicia

Gosford City WAA5 2's North played Kincumber (they play in souths, so wont verse them again).  We lost 1-0, which i'm not disappointed at.

The girls played really well.  Hopefully first game of the season will be a victory.

Kareem

Saturday
Reserves- 2-1 loss to Lane Cove
terrible 1st half, and a well played 2nd half!
Not to mention a very odd characteristic of the Sydney boys. Played dirty and rough but when we fouled them (which we did)- they fell down like a tonne of bricks- howling in pain- disgusting!

1st grade- 2-2
1 wonderful 35 yard chip- half volley.

Sunday
Reserves- 0-4 loss to Kanwal
2 penalties (1 each)- both werent actual penalties (both 1-2 m outside of box)
We got disheartened by their 1-0 lead from a penalty.
Outplayed by strong Kanwal side- agreed by our boys to be the best reserve side we have faced so far
Unfortunately fatigue extended scoreline!
Got another penalty- only for the team to have it saved again
1st grade- 5-1 loss
scrappy defending tbh, Kanwal punished 1st grade well
most of our players werent really there- too tired, and we didnt really want to be there

Was the double header worth it? we definately couldnt recover in 24 hours, but physically it was a good test for us!

Overall
Reserves:
W 0
D 1
L 4
Goals for: 2
Goals against: 12
Missed penalties: 2

1st grade:
W 2 (1 was CC cup game)
D 2
L 2
Goals for: 6
Goals Against: 11
Cleansheets: 2

Assumption: 1sts travelling well enough
Reserves on other hand- struggling for goals,
Should be interesting to see how much depth our squad will have when injuries come in, and how much that will affect 1st grade!

BAD BULLZ

just putting it out there caz i'm kinda a lil bit of a cnt
kanwal 21s won scoreline unconfirmed :headbutt:
kanwal AA1S 3-1 ova the woy i scored a pidgion from bout 173yrds out ;) :vhappy: :thumbup:
kanwal resssies won 4 what (oh thats right 4nil) that would be against kareem :vhappy: :thumbup:
kanwal 1sts won 5-1 against  ourimbah  :vhappy: :vhappy: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :eek:verhead:
So just to summerize kanwal = fkn domifknation

BAD BULLZ

I may have missed the odd foul but ovaall both your teams have to overall toughin up ffs today was soft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ted not tryinn to be harsh but imho you guys needs to drop some grades honestly its just not fair n your team will get raped in 3s n no one will have fun you really need to try pressure your comittie.

mick/bear n crew you guys need to be more ruthless you guys couldve scored 10 seemed alot like you went easy after a goal up

ted a few of your players need basic training on throwins a "real ref" will blow up lots of foul throws n that muppet with the ponytail needs to sort out  his attitude b4 he trys carrying on

killany u lot gotta push out from backs you guys would ve got raped by a more ruthless team you just let them come at  you time n time again

i'm a long way from a real ref just outta curiousity r refs allowed to tell players to harden up caz thats how i rolled

Ted

I have already asked to be dropped a few grades Eggy (looks very unlikely though) and I know we played like shit. Won't be a fun season at all if we don't fix our lack of defence, among other things.

Think I may have dislocated my shoulder in my O35 game yesterday. I'm in so much pain...  :-\

BAD BULLZ

I dont wanna put it as you s played like shit but whenever you guys got the ball out the backs never pushed up they just sat outside the 18 waiting for ourimbah to come back at ya i reckon if you just get one person who can fire up to take a leadership role in the backs and just yell get up like push to halfway and stuff might help ease some of the pressure suppose that comes a bit with fitness and its only early days.
I think lilttle timmy 'oc is the one who should push the backs forward,

dislocated shoulders suck sorry to hear get well soon.

northernspirit

eggy appreciate the comments mate but it was an improvement from where we started, yes we should be a few grades lower but were not so we gotta deal with it.

i kept saying it over and over and Ben was too, "guys push up" and it was f**king frustrating

BAD BULLZ

Yeah i probably didn't word it the best i kinda had a beverage or 2 before i posted wasn't trying to have a go at you guys just trying to help to point out some things.
In the 2nd half there was a patch where you guys looked threatening and could've equalized and that might have completly  changed the game. keep your heads up.

positive note...good roll up for a trial from both teams

BAD BULLZ

nutmeg said:
Omni said:
I'm at work now so don't have my appointments for tomorrow with me but I do have a game before the 12.50 game at NVHS, which I think kicks off at 11.40 so it'd have to be up that end of the coast. Don't worry I don't want to be doing anything naked with anyone apart from myself or with my wife. (and given we're not married yet that means nothing apart from showering, on my own).

If you could work it out I might be able to get back to me...

Pft i had issues with that ref today  :p

Was he mexican???

um what who said that

marinermick

watched that game meghan was whinging about and the ref was just fine

you will always get a bad impression of the ref when you get pumped that bad

T

Alicia said:
Gosford City WAA5 2's North played Kincumber (they play in souths, so wont verse them again).  We lost 1-0, which i'm not disappointed at.

The girls played really well.  Hopefully first game of the season will be a victory.

WAA5N Played really well in this game, it was only one little mistake that allowed them to score. And we came close to equalizing numerous times. Congrats to all girls who played. All put in a 100% effort. Also congrats to Melsy who played her played her first game. She owned the centre of the field!!

Ted

northernspirit said:
eggy appreciate the comments mate but it was an improvement from where we started, yes we should be a few grades lower but were not so we gotta deal with it.

i kept saying it over and over and Ben was too, "guys push up" and it was f**king frustrating

Yep was a much better than our last effort. But, unless we drop one or two faster players into the backs we will lose every game.

mariners4ever

Peachos said:
well, i found out my game now,  EG 18AB's vs Killarney
hard one to start off
stupid league setup, got 13 teams in our league, then they are going to split the league up at some point in season

same, we start off with a draw which will be hopefully good but we do need the match practice.

goodl luck

northernspirit

Ted said:
northernspirit said:

Yep was a much better than our last effort. But, unless we drop one or two faster players into the backs we will lose every game.
thats it, or leave the backs where they are and put Shaun in a central role just in front of the back four to assist them in a sweeping capacity then play a straight four in midfield with you up front

Ted

northernspirit said:
Ted said:
northernspirit said:

thats it, or leave the backs where they are and put Shaun in a central role just in front of the back four to assist them in a sweeping capacity then play a straight four in midfield with you up front

Actually mate, I was thinking a total positional rearrangemnt with our better and fastest 11 starting the game. A few may not like where they are playing or being a sub but for the good of the team and the level we are playing we will have little choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred