• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Top 5 Marinator Moments

adz

Staff member
QLD away trip - going in the buses from the motel back to the pub, driving all over the place, turning down some dark dead end street only to see Brisbane way off in the distance .... quality ;D

Alicia

dibo said:
DJ said:
4. QLD trip V1 - As tired as everyone was what a trip, fat bastard bus vs bananabus!  Enjoyed a few beers with the boys at their hotel afterwards too!

i'll never forget the sight of gumps getting about in a snazzy wee shirt. one of asked him where he got it and he said 'it's sully's. i can't move my arms'!  :piralaugh:

Gumps did the same thing Adelaide 0 CCM 1 - Prel Final '06. We were out having a "few" drinks and we told gumps to sit down.  He said he couldn't cause he was wearing Sully's pants and he couldn't bend in them cause they were too small.

LFCMariners

1. 1st Qualifying Final in '06, Mariners 1, Scum 0. Moreso for after the game than the match itself. On my phone I got footage of this drunk Mariners fan with his shirt off dancing past all these Scum fans singing "We got 1 and you got none, doo dah! Doo dah!" The train trip home was awesome as well- a carriage full of Mariners fans in full song all the way home, wth whistles and fists banging on the walls in time. I even invented a new chant about Gumps. Anyone who was on that carriage will know what I'm talking about!

2. 2nd Qualifying Final '06. Mariners 1, Scum 1. Seeing Gosford decked out in blue and yellow all the week before was a sign that the Mariners (unlike the Northern Eagles and the Northern Spirit) were more than just some failed experiment. I'll always remember the entire Northern Concourse on their feet and cheering after the final whistle.

3. 2007. Roar 0, Mariners 1. There were practically no Mariners fans in Suncorp apart from our bay. The silence when we scored from the free kick was gold! Also funny giving these Green Street Wannabees an earful with chants like "I've heard more noise in a cemetry!" Just as priceless was waltzing down a carriage full of orange clad fans at Milton station, head full of bourbon, singing '1-0 to the Mariners! 1-0! 1-0!'

4. 2006. Mariners 3, Adelaide 1. Remember this for the trip with a couple of mates afterwards, to one of their places. On the train to Hornsby met these kids and got free booze off them as well as a fair bit of this fat cigar one of them was puffing. Then on the North Shore line train we flashed these chicks getting off at a station and chanted 'You're so s**t it's unbelievable!'

5. 2006, when we beat Sydney 3-1, The Marinators were right next to The Cove all game and the atmosphere was fantastic. Even better because one of my Sydney fan mates was sitting with us!

bjw

bjw
Also, the trip home on the train from Newcastle when we had the chant-off at Broadmeadow train station, and the whole way home chanting and banging the room and the walls.. good times

Gav...

1. CCM 2 - MEL 1 (v3 rd. 11) cameback from 1 - 0 down in the last 10 mins and 3 sending offs just crazy. Great win though

2. NEW 0 - CCM 1 ( v1 Semi Final) Just crazy

3. CCM 1 - NEW 1 (v1 Semi Final) F***in awesome

4. SYD 1 - CCM 0 (v1 Grand Final) Although we lost just proud to be a mariners fan

5. SYD 0 - CCM 1 (v3 rd 1) First game of the season in the rain and sash scored against his old club.

bjw

bjw
I definantly have a new number #1. Sunday 10th of Feburary vs Newcastle Jets. 2-0 down, came back and won 3-2 (3-0) Absolutley brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-0 and they f**ked it up!

yellowcake

brennan said:
I definantly have a new number #1. Sunday 10th of Feburary...

x2

But I'm still trying to determine if the moment was Sash's 2nd goal, Williams' whistle at 120 mins or the amazing scenes in the streets of Gosford - the likes of which I've never imagined. Chanting, hollerin', tooting and flag-waving. I want to see it again (and more) on Feb 24 but there was something special about being celebrating AT HOME outside the ground...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If we're referring to fan moments in particular, then I think seeing at least half a dozen bays 'stand up for the mariners' was pretty sweet :D

skilbeck

ive figure out #1. As I mentioned in another thread, it was last night when Lawrie fired up bay 16 after the game

pompom

1-3-2 v sydney my first away trip as a marinator and i felt so included haha it was also my first pub crawl...no comment haha

2-Grand final... i cried so bad,but everyone was there together to cope WE ARE A BIG FAMILY

3-perth.season one.4-0.pouring rain.friends in arms. :]

4-perth away.nov 18 2007. walking past the shed and them yelling abuse at my dad and me after we won 1-0. dad and i just sang "we are number 1,we are number 1" with huge smiles on our faces

5-THAT 5-4 loss to sydney.i was devo.we just kept going in hope it would put the ball in their net and we would win what was a very emotion filled night.

juzeeee

watching sydney lose its chance of winning the premiership... watching queensland lose to adelaide the same day... then going down to tezza pub and partying with the boys after winning the premiership...but then there was also seeing danny take a pub stool into the toilets to do a piss coz he was so blind...oh and then getting johnny aloisi's thong and then him signing it..and thats just within the last few weeks....!

5. CCM 2 - WEL (AND SYD 2 - 2 MEL / ADL 2 - 0 QLD) Beating wellington to go top of the league in the last weekend. this weekend was one of the most tense and celebrated i have ever had!

4. NEW 0 - 1 CCM winning away in the semi was fantastic. I remember hearing some scum fans cursing as the Marinators paraded in after their buses arrived. Oh what a night!

3. CCM 2 - 1 MEL the win to knock Melbourne and Roar out of the finals in the first year was just amazing the atmosphere, the tension and the wild celebrations after it. Too good!

2. SYD 0 - 1 CCM first round this season beating Sydney away and going top of the league. Getting on tv for hugging Danny and walking out of the stadium singing so loud. AND Sasho scoring the only goal! Only one game beats that

1. CCM 3 - 0 NEW NOTHING can beat that game.

T

thanman

If I ever meet Lawrie in the near future. That will be it for me. Scottish Drinking Buddies Maybe? lol

Ursus

2007 Sydney 0 - 1 Mariners, Sasso's goal and Hutchi over the fence at the end
V1 Spenny's goal against Sydney off the wall.
Kwassy's goal against Wellington when we went 2-0. That's when I thought we had a chance at the plate.
V1 in the Kendall when the Cove sang we're so rich it's unbelievable and a Marinator suggested they buy us a beer.
The penalty shoot out (pre season V1) when Clarky's (I think) shot hit the post but rebounded in off Reddy's arse.
4-5 loss to Sydney, most emotional game ever. Mariners players showed massive heart then and after to come back to today.
Last Sunday, greatest pleasure in any result.
Is that 5?

LFCMariners

(In no particular order)

1. Mariners vs Scum, Finals Leg 1 at EAS, early 2006. The train trip home was awesome! Spent the whole trip singing and banging on the roof on the lower deck of one of the carriages.

2. Mariners beating Sydney 3-1 late in 2006. This was back in the good old days when the away supporters bay was only a row or two across from Bay 16. There was verbal warfare going back and forth the whole time and it was great fun. The final scoreline made it even better!

3. Mariners beating Adelaide 3-1, also late in 2006. That was one of the last good games the Mariners played in 2006-07 if I remember correctly. Romario was playing for Adelaide that game, and on the trip back to my mates' place in Chatswood later that night we kept chanting "You're so shit you must be Romario!"

4. Last month, Mariners 2, Wellington 0. The team had been in a rough patch since Breeze rorted us against Sydney in December. It was pissing down with rain before the match had even started, but the Marinators were in full song. Wellington were bottom of the ladder, but it was such a buzz to win like that after a month of crap. Fond memories of chanting 'WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!' and me running down to the front of Bay 16, slipping over, picking myself up and continuing to run along the front of the bay, singing 'WE GOT HIGHER THAN THE SCUM DOO DAH! DOO DAH!"

5. Sunday night. Lost count of how many times I've watched match highlights. Need I say anything more?

MrCelery

yellowcake said:
brennan said:
I definantly have a new number #1. Sunday 10th of Feburary...

x2

But I'm still trying to determine if the moment was Sash's 2nd goal, Williams' whistle at 120 mins or the amazing scenes in the streets of Gosford - the likes of which I've never imagined. Chanting, hollerin', tooting and flag-waving. I want to see it again (and more) on Feb 24 but there was something special about being celebrating AT HOME outside the ground...

Agree. Now #1 by a country mile! All the sweeter because I live and work in Scum country, and my history of hating Con's Con Artist's Cardboard Club. What a week o gloating it's been. Saturday and Sunday the city and 'burbs were awash with those ugly beige Jets shirts. Now not a single one has been spotted in three days! Priceless!

Only one thing can top this - roll on the GF!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred