• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Top 5 Marinator Moments

serious14

Just a fun little list for everyone to play around with....... these are my top 5 _Marinator_ (as opposed to Mariners) moments - i.e.  those games (home or away) when we as a group of supporters were on top of the world, united, singing our arses off, or just did the boys proud.    :thumbup:

5.  Round 3, Season 2.  Central Coast Mariners 0, QLD Roar 0.  Affectionately known as the Swamp Game.  Every soul who stood for 90 of the coldest minutes of their lives in Bay 16 will understand why I have put this rather odd moment in here, but I think that we also understand that this was one of those moments where we realised what we were prepared to put ourselves through to support this team, and just how much we cared about it all.  That we were able to hear ourselves over the rain was a credit to every person in the Bay that night.

4. Round 4, Season 1.  Central Coast Mariners 3, Sydney FC 2.  The first ever away trip in the season proper...... for the 100 or so that were there that night, reminisce with me.  You know just how damn good it was.

3.  Minor Semi Final, 2nd Leg, Season 1.  Central Coast Mariners 1, Newcastle Jets 1 (Mariners progress on 2-1 aggregate win).  The night we came off age as a football club and as a supporters group.  This night will be talked about for years to come as quite simply the most magical sporting week the Central Coast has ever seen (the yellow and blue around Gosford, the media coverage, the 'fairy tale' aspect, etc.).  The atmosphere in the stadium was chill inducing, particularly during those frantic last 10 minutes, and then there was the euphoria of the full time whistle and the celebrations that ensued.

2.  24th August, 2007.  Central Coast Mariners 1, Sydney FC 0.  Everyone who read the forum in the month leading up to this game and every single person was there that magical night knows why this is here.  Also, quite possibly the best demonstration (outside of the QLD trip just gone) of how a roof adds to a groups atmospheric potential.

1.  13th October, 2006.  Central Coast Mariners 3, Sydney FC 1.  To this day, still the most packed, most dangerous, most loud, most intense, and most insane the general Bay area has ever been.  It will take a special, special game and day/night to top this.  An unbelieveable game of football as well, especially in the context of the season at that point in time...... everyone had written us off, we couldn't score to save ourselves, and then this.  Simply unbeatable (for now).    ;D ;D ;D

FFC Mariner

Has to be Round 1 this season at SFS. The noise, the passion and tension was incredible.

I got stood next to the piper for 90 mins so ended up with no voice AND affected hearing. They have the slowest scoreboard clock in the world there dont they?? The 2nd half lasted about 4 hours it seemed.

The reaction from the players after the game was as passionate as I have ever seen it too. They went off as we all celebrated in the rain.

A wonderful, wonderful night

Jesus

Jesus
Where is saying happy fn new year to the jets?
That was probably the tops for me. Only possibly beaten by the 3-2 win over sydney.
Or the 1-0 semi win at scumtown

dibo

serious14 said:
top 5 _Marinator_ (as opposed to Mariners) moments - i.e.  those games (home or away) when we as a group of supporters were on top of the world, united, singing our arses off, or just did the boys proud.    :thumbup:

against adelaide a few weeks back with the aloi-aloi-aloisi firing up and a general big bang of passion that had been missing to that point this season was pretty special.

the 4-0 win over perth (also in the rain) back in season one - that was a good night.

i'd put the 3-1 over sydney in there for sure.

the minor semi away leg was great, and it's funny how the home leg was not so great.

i'd agree with greenpole as well that r1 this year was completely mental, as was the match there in january 06 (where hutcho did his knee and tommy scored a belter of a goal).

actually that earlier night - i had mates in bay 19 (right in the north-western corner near the cove) who said they could hear us loud and clear that night, the first time they'd actually heard away supporters up to that point.

skilbeck

the day that the Aloisi signing became public is the best IMO that news took ages to sink in. Other than that, I believe that the best marinator moment will be in the near future perhaps on the 24th of Febuary 2008

brett

For pure 'Marinators are f**kin here' value, the minor semi in scumtown and the away game to Sydney a few weeks before that where we filled a good part of the away end.

For pure historic value that first ever game - that penalty shooutout win! The passion and energy has barely been matched.

And I would put the 4-0 over Perth as a moment that defined who we were. We'd dedicated the day to Sonic, and he busted his arse to score us a goal, showing how the players felt about our support. And we were also the only fans who weren't under cover around the sides because we refused to leave our post, putting the team before our own health and comfort. Brilliant.

Beyond that I would say any version 1 game with all the characters emerging (mostly named by Auburn) such as Jesus, Permboy, RVD, etc.

And I will throw in running across the front of the Cove in Banana suits.

Can't not mention the first sing-off with the Cove in the Kendall, singing to Johnny Warren and against Melbourne as well as giving each other hell.

And finally the mass trip up Foveaux St on GF day will live long in the memory.

Couldn't keep it to just 5!

Bear

I also could not keep just 5 Brett, but a few of mine are...

4-0 over Perth home in V1. The 1st time I REALLY understood how much this team meant to me. Before I realised it, id just been in the rain for 2 hours, watched the boys kill a rubbish team, and would not change a thing. Loved it.

3-2 over Sydney away in V1. When Spencer was good, and for a few moments, only a few, my hero.

Every away trip to QLD from all 3 V's. They are all special to me, being now only the 2nd person (not 100% on Mariner Mum and crew) other than Fish who has been to every one of them. They are MY away trip, and always will be. Ill never miss 1 if I can help it.

0-1 down to Sydney V1 GF. Only the second time iv cried at a football game. The mateship at that game was unbelievable. There is a photo of Heff on his back after the game, with Sydney celebrating in the backround. That sums up that day, so close, yet so far.

4-5 down to Sydney home. Only the 3rd time iv cried at a football game (f**king Sydney). 90 minutes, 90 emotions. Best_game_ever, and I can tell people in 50 years time I was there. Magic.

Bear

Oh, and when we won in Adelaide to make the final. Being in the grab-a-granny room at the leagues club with about another 400 mariners fans. Going FARKING BANANAS when we won, people up on tables, singing for 15 minutes after the game, almost the happyst day ever, only bumped by THAT day (the 1st time I ever cried at a football game).

BAD BULLZ

5 spanking the scum new yrs v1 :pirashoot:

4 ccm vs sydney pre game in the kendall i think during v2 was intense a invisble line across the room with myself auban and everyone goin of our nuts at the cove :eek:verhead:

3 EGELAIDE TRIP lots of memories actually not that many :vomit:

2 NZ trip                    " "                      ""

1 perth 4 nil my first ever game my mate dragged me kicking and screaming to the game at that point i hated professianal football and the mariners. He took me into the kendall i loved that then he f**ked off to the stands whilst i stood out in the rain with now some of my best mates singing every song even tho i didnt know the words.That was the day i went from a soccer player to a football fan havent missed a mariners game in NSW since

All dinamo days:
The thumping from sydney i was thrown in last minute and was an unknown to most of you was a special day for me as it was the day eggy became known

the tournement in the nicest part of scumcastle was a ball the again the underdog marinators overcame the odds and finished top outta the aleague supporters.

AOT vs COVE vs MARINATORS(definitly not dinamo) last minute put together team with no training no fitness and few experianced players pushed the bling and the auzzies to the limit I was still drunk all day that day played everyminute of every game including Aot vs bling twice. Scored my first marinators goal highlights also include playing along side Auban he's a machine

ALL TIME GREATEST MOMENT THO:
DINAMO VS COVE
ALL GAMES BUT SPECIFICALLY THE DONNY PARKES TROPHY WIN We should have been thumped everyone on the outside was expecting the well organized well trained and well sponsered bling to embarress the underdogs from the coast the passion and excitment that day was insane everyone showed so much heart the excitment after perm finished off the shootout was undescribable. For myself having never won a grand final or anything that was possibly the best sporting day of my life.

dru

5. Major final V1 - In root a wrinkle room, going nuts, booking tickets for the GF straight afterwards.

4. 4-0 over perth V1 - two hours in torrential rain that I wouldn't change for anything, there was absolutely no one but us on the northern concourse!

3. Wellington away trip V3 - three of us singing in their pub against the whole yellow fever. Getting a lift from the airport from Ricki Herbert while in mariners scarf, marinators scarf and mariners shirt. unbeatable time for the four days I had over there.

2. Grand final v1, As bear said tears were shed, it was that sort of night

1. 22nd December Mariners 4 Sack me fc 5, I was there, you were all there I feel sorry for anyone that went to Daft punk. I spent the second half outside of bay 16 and to hear the rest of the stadium was awesome as well.

On dinamo and marinators teams, getting a late call up for the donny parkes trophy that we won has to be a special day, especially being the one to go and get the trophy from where the cove hid it. Also the AOT vs Cove vs Marinators was a good day as well.

kevrenor

Hard to come up with just 5, but I'll go on a different personal tack:

5.  Marinators Season 1 (and website) Launch Kendall Bar July 2005
4.  First Club World Championship game May 2005 - Marinermick selling special Marinators T-Shirts, meeting fans for the first time, and my astonishment at the over 100 in yellow in Bay 16 first game (I had hoped for maybe 20 to start)
3. Grand Final - despite everything
2. The Pub crawls to Sydney away games - esp. the August 2006 (the one with the Viking hats when I had all 3 of my kids with me)
1. The infamous Banana Bus trip to Brisbane, season 1 - wasn't really well enough to do it but I'm glad I did

marinermick

version one final against adelaide and the post match celebrations under the grandstand with players and supporters

(and froggy getting kicked out of the stadium three times and finally getting kicked back into the stadium for his own safety)

fish

5 - My daughter leading the boys out against Wellington in pre season
4 - Driving to Brisbane with Brett,Bear,GB and Saffron in the first year , 20 hours of driving for 0-0 lol
3 - GF V1 regardless of the result awesome moment
2 - Adelaide in final V1, never experienced anything like it after with the players and families very special moments and as Mick said Frogs repeated evictions and then his disguise to avoid a 4th police intervention
1 - Winning the league this year  (f**k the  jinx)

Sean

-Away trip to Orange and the commencement of the Orange Permboy Chapter.

-First trip to Sydney.
Wearing cheapass pirate hats and swords with an awful blazer from vinnies and the socceroos dogspew jersey underneath as i was too poor to afford any kind of shirt.
Got abused by Roddy when he told me to buy a Marinators shirt "What? ya spend ya money on ya f**kin perm did ya?" which started the name Permboy.

-Running the length of the Cove dressed as bananas.
I was in front and as i was running i looked into the cove as they were chanting and beers were catapulted towards Brett and I. Fortunately due to the pace of my run the beer thrown that was initially aimed at me would hit Brett.

-Dinamo Marinators success.
Both the Gala Day in Newcastle and the Donny Parkes Trophy triumph I can proudly say that i was a part of.

-Grand Final V1. Great day.

Bear

fish said:
4 - Driving to Brisbane with Brett,Bear,GB and Saffron in the first year , 20 hours of driving for 0-0 lol

Calling Saffron a c**t the whole way there and back, every time he opened his mouth. Gold.

Everyone is forgetting the moment John Aloisi scored his 1st mariners goal, and 20 blokes got tops off and shirts twirling. Surely that rates as someones no1 moment?

serious14

Bearinator said:
Everyone is forgetting the moment John Aloisi scored his 1st mariners goal, and 20 blokes got tops off and shirts twirling. Surely that rates as someones no1 moment?

Fox Sports female viewers??

:vomit:

Yellowbeard

5. Grand Final V1 - Great day with a terrible ending and plenty of tears
4. QLD Bus trip V1 - Pip's laugh (enough said for those on the bus)
3. Singing against sydney in cricketers arms and kendall in V1.
2. 3-2 over sydney V1 - Still got a photo of that night as wallpaper on my computer. Joyous celebrations with a great group of blokes
1. 2-0 Loss to KFC V1 - Singing in the pouring rain watching us give them 2 easy goals and being one of about only 10 people in post match presentation in "retro room" at CCLC. Surely it gets better than this we said...does it ever!

bjw

bjw
5. Mariners 2 v Melbourne 1 (season 3) I always love come from behind victories.
4. Season 1, Round 4. Central Coast 3 v Sydney 2- I wasnt there but how I wish I was
3. Grand Final V1
2. Syndey 5 v Central Coast 4- The most heart wrenching game of football I have ever witnessed.

and my number 1..
1. Central Coast 1 v Sydney 0: First game of the season, coming off V2 which wasnt exactly a success. Sasho scoring his first goal against his old club. The cove in absolute silence. Oh what a night.  :eek:verhead: :pirashoot:

Deej

5. CCM 2 Melb 1 - 2 goals in the last 10 mins, 3 sending offs, emotional game with a fantastic ending!
4. QLD trip V1 - As tired as everyone was what a trip, fat bastard bus vs bananabus!  Enjoyed a few beers with the boys at their hotel afterwards too!
3. CCM 4 Perth 0 - 1 of the best days ever in the bay, pissed down with rain, we had sonic appreciation day and everyone was just in the mood for being crazy! The win helped too!
2. Sydney 1 CCM 0 - Grand Final, we may have lost but 6 other teams would have done anything to be in our position experiencing the first ever HAL GF, plus my old man came over from London for the weekend just to watch the game........legend!
1. Adelaide 0 CCM 1 - Prel Final '06, what an away trip! Meeting up with the boys before ko, a fantastic win, Enjoying a post match in the stadium afterwards, Froggy wearing a disguise because of the cops and lots of beer with the Macari family afterwards......great day!

dibo

DJ said:
4. QLD trip V1 - As tired as everyone was what a trip, fat bastard bus vs bananabus!  Enjoyed a few beers with the boys at their hotel afterwards too!

i'll never forget the sight of gumps getting about in a snazzy wee shirt. one of asked him where he got it and he said 'it's sully's. i can't move my arms'!  :piralaugh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred