• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tomorrow Called Off ??

mustapha_beer

On the topic of match call-offs, just wondering how/where you all get your updates....?

Anytime there's been doubts about the game going ahead, I've tried looking on the Mariners site, and found bugger all. I've also tried calling the club, and got a recorded message saying that the office was closed. Funny, I would have thought that at least some kind of recorded message confirming that the game was on/off/due for a pitch inspection, would be made available for people to hear....... ???

SNOWMARINER

I'd say like the Sydney game it won't be called of until just before kick off . Really, as annoying as that is it's best for us I think.

I hope they do what they did in Qld last night and just delay rather than rescedule it for monday. But I do suspect that unless the new pumps do a hell of a job any decent amount of rain in the arvo will leave BT worse of than the obviously excellent drainage system at Suncorp.

After watching the Mar V Well game I think it would be a distinct advantage if there was a little water around the pitch. Trouble is the Jets realise that too.

S

soccersensei

It's looking better and better...
less than 5% of the pitch covered now... skies above Gosford clear,
skies further around sufficiently broken up to give hope it's the last of it.

SNOWMARINER

BOM predicting at this stage isolated showers for tomorrow easing in the evening. Hopfully very isolated.

Bloody Gosford is a magnet for sh1te weather.

Deej

Tomorrow won't be called off unless it buckets down, showers are forecast and Monday is sunny.  I reckon there will be some rain in the morning perhaps arvo to leave a wet surface but it won't be any worse than when we played Wellington.

thomas477

DJ said:
Tomorrow won't be called off unless it buckets down, showers are forecast and Monday is sunny.  I reckon there will be some rain in the morning perhaps arvo to leave a wet surface but it won't be any worse than when we played Wellington.

It'll only be called off if its hailing

Mini In Bay 6

SNOWMARINER said:
BOM predicting at this stage isolated showers for tomorrow easing in the evening. Hopfully very isolated.

Bloody Gosford is a magnet for sh1te weather.

Bloody La Nina, you can't go anywhere up and down the coast from Victoria to Mackay and say it's been dry as it's done nothing but piss down rain all summer.

The 15 degree temp outside tonight is a joke for summer.

marinersman

Omni said:
I hope they don't use those "brooms" they cut the hell out of the pitch! And don't be fooled, there's often a lot of water hiding underneath the BT pitch, which makes for slow tough football, making me nervous of 2-0 being a bit impossible, this could bring back memories of the last NSL grand final people.

Omni, you're down at pitch level, so I don't argue with what you say. If there's a lot of water just beneath the surface, it looks like all this talk about pumps, obviously they're not working properly.

I've been very dispappointed with the surface all season. We started we bare patches and they have not gone away. I appreciate the fact we haven't had warm weather this summer but it's still not good enough. I think the BT management need to review their ground management. Our pitch has not been up to standard.

As for the bad weather, you are right. It's makes are task of scoring two or three very difficult on a heavy pitch. It will help scum for sure.

serious14

Mmmmm, "global warming" in action right here.

Sorry - "greatest myth ever" in action right here.  Had to use to proper words.  :p

S

soccersensei

Gotta love this sunshine. But I'm concerned as we are a lone fortress of sunshine in ring of clouds, and if we get "any" rain and not even a torrential downpour it will be trouble as yesterdays took many hours to drain away (unlike suncorp, which is more i think to do with the QLD weather and the level of moisture or lack thereof in the soil) Our pitch looks ok on surface now it, but will be sodden through and anything but very light rain will start to sit on top again! (Omni they had the brooms out, sigh...) BUT ITS GONNA BE ON! I CAN FEEL IT!!!!!
FFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

Omni

Tony Vidmar: "I like it wet" - there you go folks, I'm confident now. We do well in the rain (remember Season One?), I hope it pisses down now!

Mariners Man: I think the stupid decision by CCRU to have those grand finals go ahead was the issue, they could have postponed them a week! There were definitely some dodgy patches at the Wellington match, the referees had a long hard look at the pitch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred